(THREAD UPDATE: HE LIED) GNR Manager Fernando Confirms New Album Within 6 Months!!

I'm not that familiar with many other older forums /message boards. Many things that I know about them is what I've read here. @cineaterwhat you told about your forum; band members hanging out there, sounds pretty nice, so apparently people there had overall very positive attitude towards the band.

If I think about this place you got the positive, you get the negative and you get the objective. And that's a good thing. But not necessarily that inviting for a band member if you can't handle the negative stuff too. 

If I was an artist (solo or in a band) and successful enough to have fan forums, I  guess I would feel that a fan forum is place for fans, going in there (separately orchestrated Q & A:s excluded) would be like eavesdropping a conversation (positive or negative) that's not meant for me to hear. But each to his own.

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

I'm not that familiar with many other older forums /message boards. Many things that I know about them is what I've read here. @cineaterwhat you told about your forum; band members hanging out there, sounds pretty nice, so apparently people there had overall very positive attitude towards the band.

If I think about this place you got the positive, you get the negative and you get the objective. And that's a good thing. But not necessarily that inviting for a band member if you can't handle the negative stuff too. 

If I was an artist (solo or in a band) and successful enough to have fan forums, I  guess I would feel that a fan forum is place for fans, going in there (separately orchestrated Q & A:s excluded) would be like eavesdropping a conversation that's not meant for me to hear. But each to his own.

100% if you are fit to hear all sides, this forum is amazing. If you want to have your ass kissed 24/7 you need to go elsewhere. 

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1

There is one arse licky forum which used to be very popular where nobody talks about the leaks so it is like they live in some strange bubble where Hard School and Atlas do not exist and the only things of interest are baseball bats and that same static setlist. It goes without saying it is now practically dead. Censorship and sycophancy taking to its extremity. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

He didn't just skip it, also it wasn't in email. He directly engaged in a text conversation, acknowledged the reddit account question three separate times, didn't answer it three different times, then continued the conversation. 

whos the dude he had this conversation with?
that person should be telling us as to what Fernando ment by it. 

its not up for a plenum debate. This way, its just more oil spilled on a fire. And no real answers.

if you have a conversation with someone... you dont go making a poll what that person wanted to say.

if whoever talked to fernando doesnt know what Fernando wanted/didnt want to say... hows forwarding it to the forums gonna help in any way except add to uncertainty?

with knowledge comes responsibility.

Just now, username05 said:

its not up for a plenum debate. This way, its just more oil spilled on a fire. And no real answers.

if you have a conversation with someone... you dont go making a poll what that person wanted to say.

if whoever talked to fernando doesnt know what Fernando wanted/didnt want to say... hows forwarding it to the forums gonna help in any way except add to uncertainty?

@downzyhad the conversation and he's already commented in the thread about what was said. Again, it was more about Fernando choosing not to answer.

Neither downzy or I are trying to withhold any information from the users. If we were, we would have just left the thread locked and not mentioned it. Instead, we were trying to be nice and let the users know we made an attempt to get an answer. 

• GNFNR 1

41 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

If I was an artist (solo or in a band) and successful enough to have fan forums, I  guess I would feel that a fan forum is place for fans, going in there (separately orchestrated Q & A:s excluded) would be like eavesdropping a conversation (positive or negative) that's not meant for me to hear. But each to his own.

If I was an artist and had my own fan forums, I couldn't help myself and would still read there. Not sure if I would post anything though.

Interacting in such a way could be emotionally draining / too intensive.

But I would still read... maybe even do something if fans would be complaining about stuff. Even if it's just changing the set list a bit, by playing other songs from the catalog.

On the other hand I might get tired of the criticism, stop reading at some point and drive around in my Ferrari for a bit or relax at my swimming pool :lol:

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Creed said:

i never understood why people went on this finnish board and i can't believe its still alive. 

mygnr was always the biggest forum and should have been supported by GnR.

You'd have to say it is Team Brazil's ''ideal'' forum really. Somewhere where there is not so much the presence of leaks but an environment where leaks are not even discussed! A place where unilateral support for Rose is only countenanced, and Fernando's merchandising gets a welcoming reception. The only caveat is, everyone has buggered off (or been banned) haha.

Obviously somewhere where only 100% positive spin is permitted can not facilitate discussions. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, username05 said:

Read between the line and you know exactly what Fernanado meant: "Yes, it was me, but I'm not gonna confirm it.". If it is wasn't him, there is no reason for him not to say that it wasn't him. You're the only one who is desperately not wanting it to be Fernando.

12 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Read between the line and you know exactly what Fernanado meant: "Yes, it was me, but I'm not gonna confirm it.". If it is wasn't him, there is no reason for him not to say that it wasn't him. You're the only one who is desperately not wanting it to be Fernando.

which of my posts reeks of desperation? I have no attachment to either . I'm advocating caution and not jumping to conclusions.
there are no "good" or "bad" sources when it comes to GNR. There is "Axl" and "everybody else".. and even Axl doesnt have a good track record when it comes to announcing release dates. so why invest effort into a could be real/fake reddit account of Fernando? I know its appealing to think there's an album in store for us... but I learned not to get attached to news that requires so many leaps of faith. 

Edited by username05

21 minutes ago, username05 said:

which of my posts reeks of desperation? I have no attachment to either . I'm advocating caution and not jumping to conclusions.
there are no "good" or "bad" sources when it comes to GNR. There is "Axl" and "everybody else".. and even Axl doesnt have a good track record when it comes to announcing release dates. so why invest effort into a could be real/fake reddit account of Fernando? I know its appealing to think there's an album in store for us... but I learned not to get attached to news that requires so many leaps of faith. 

All of your posts regarding this topic. He was asked point blank if it was him. Any sane person wouldn't want someone to impersonate him and state that it is not him when that Topic is brought up. Yet, he choose to not answer and ignore the question. A non answer also is an answer, thus it is obvious it is him. And I guess most of us know GNR enough to know, that even if it was him stating there will be an Album within 6 months, it is no guarantee that we really will have an album within 6 months.

3 hours ago, Creed said:

i never understood why people went on this finnish board and i can't believe its still alive. 

mygnr was always the biggest forum and should have been supported by GnR.

I’m on this message board game since it started really. If you think that board is an arse licking thing now, you missed the period around when Chinese was released. It was ridiculous, you couldn’t say anything less than “Axl Rose is GNR”. Now, if you were not blocked by then, the admin just pretends that there’s space for personal opinions, because now apparently Axl is more of a democratic guy and the reunion is on.

I still go there sometimes and post (my username is different), but I only came back there after a loooong hiatus, when the reunion happened, just because I couldn’t say that CD is a good album and the band is much better without the original members.

4 hours ago, murph said:

It was me that contacted Fernando (or who asked "what the next album is titled and when roughly they were releasing it) 

I posted a link with screenshots of most the the exchanges a few pages back.. 

He didn't answer the title question (he did by saying" even if I did know, the band would have to tell you.. Then he pressed return twice.. And typed "within 6months" 

Afterwards I wrote I appreciate you getting back to me and which he wrote back "sorry that it took so long" 

Again those screenshots are a few comments deep in my post history here.. 

I also emailed Rolling Stone about it.. And absolute silence.. As matter of fact.. Googling guns n roses news.. You have to dig a few pages down to find gnrcentral.com blog about it.. As well as the original reddit post with lack of up votes to down votes.. 

Someone doesn't want it going viral for some reason or another.. I even submitted an update to all this in that thread.. About this site.. How it's not being carried, etc. 

It's Fernando 100% 

Thanks for your comment. Not to burst your bubble though, but Rolling Stone is a legitimate news organisation and unlike content mills (GNRCentral, Alternative Nation, Blabbermouth), will likely not report on anonymous and unverifiable Reddit accounts claiming to be someone of importance. 

• Like 1