(THREAD UPDATE: HE LIED) GNR Manager Fernando Confirms New Album Within 6 Months!!

39 minutes ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

I’m on this message board game since it started really. If you think that board is an arse licking thing now, you missed the period around when Chinese was released. It was ridiculous, you couldn’t say anything less than “Axl Rose is GNR”. Now, if you were not blocked by then, the admin just pretends that there’s space for personal opinions, because now apparently Axl is more of a democratic guy and the reunion is on.

I still go there sometimes and post (my username is different), but I only came back there after a loooong hiatus, when the reunion happened, just because I couldn’t say that CD is a good album and the band is much better without the original members.

He did turn into a little nazi about negative posts but maybe he was trying to provide a positive place where members could go and not feel like they wanted to off themselves in their hotel rooms.  I'm still a little afraid to post there. :lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I’m not sure why people think a new album would have new Axl vocals. It’s probably going to be CDII tracks with the vocals recorded back in the late 90’s and early 2000’s

I'm relatively okay with that, judging by the content we have. Though there have been whispers that Axl has laid down new vocal tracks. There's also the question as to why Slash would need to record at Axl's house if Axl himself wasn't recording anything or working.

8 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Thanks for your comment. Not to burst your bubble though, but Rolling Stone is a legitimate news organisation and unlike content mills (GNRCentral, Alternative Nation, Blabbermouth), will likely not report on anonymous and unverifiable Reddit accounts claiming to be someone of importance. 

Yes. And I think this is why Fernando has been vague on whether it's him on reddit or not.

Because if the reddit account is him, he probably wanted to have just an "unofficial" interaction with fans. So if he confirms it was him, it will become instantly official and every news outlet will report about it, and then will be asking for interviews with band members, and so on. And the band wouldn't want that.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Thanks for your comment. Not to burst your bubble though, but Rolling Stone is a legitimate news organisation and unlike content mills (GNRCentral, Alternative Nation, Blabbermouth), will likely not report on anonymous and unverifiable Reddit accounts claiming to be someone of importance. 

Rolling Stone let Axl do an "interview" where Axl was asked softball questions by Del James with no follow-up questions

They lost all credibility years ago

3 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I'm relatively okay with that, judging by the content we have. Though there have been whispers that Axl has laid down new vocal tracks. There's also the question as to why Slash would need to record at Axl's house if Axl himself wasn't recording anything or working.

Fair point. I think Axl’s vocals now a days could only really do stuff in the vein of “Rock the Rock”- I couldn’t imagine him say doing something Atlas the way it was recorded in 2000’s.

5 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Fair point. I think Axl’s vocals now a days could only really do stuff in the vein of “Rock the Rock”- I couldn’t imagine him say doing something Atlas the way it was recorded in 2000’s.

Even now, Axl still has a dynamic voice, i believe, if he uses his natural singing voice, and octaves he can still hit accurately-like on Madagascar live during the beginning; he could still record meaningful music

Look on the bright side, we still have ROCK THE ROCK (Newish vocals wise) Everything will be okay.. Won't it? WON'T IT???

"Chinese Democracy is an album that reminds GNR fans how frustrating it is to be a fan"

"The village sessions acknowledge it, and have you wondering "how the fuck am I still a fan?"

Edited by MrMojo

On 9/29/2019 at 1:24 PM, janrichmond said:

What forum was that? What cartoon are you talking about? and what "whole board mess" do you mean?

One long gone.  The cartoon where Axl is being Howard Hughes at one of the Rio shows.  Sorry, it was Coke vs Diet Coke.

Messages boards use to be a lot more fun.  People weren't as insulting to each other or the band.  GNR's mistake was letting us know they were there too.  Once that came out, everybody thought they could offer up opinions on what to do, what was wrong.  We went places that were none of our business and we were ill informed about.  We stopped being just fans and became something else.  The support one would expect from fans and they were looking for was drown out.

Occasionally, I see familiar names from back in the day in a familiar place.  They pass through, as do I.  Not much going on there.  Master of the Web is still around. :headbang:

Edited by cineater
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, cineater said:

He did turn into a little nazi about negative posts but maybe he was trying to provide a positive place where members could go and not feel like they wanted to off themselves in their hotel rooms.  I'm still a little afraid to post there. :lol:

The other day I said something REALLY nasty about NuGNR. He did not block me, and even replied without saying anything bad, so I think you should be fine. 😄

15 minutes ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

The other day I said something REALLY nasty about NuGNR. He did not block me, and even replied without saying anything bad, so I think you should be fine. 😄

He's on the road so I'm still scared. :lol:

Beta even yelled at me once for what I thought was a very innocent comment about checking on Axl's watch.  She's normally a nice person.  I can only imagine what kind of shit she had been dealing with to fire back on that comment.

Edited by cineater

21 minutes ago, cineater said:

He's on the road so I'm still scared. :lol:

Beta even yelled at me once for what I thought was a very innocent comment about checking on Axl's watch.  She's normally a nice person.  I can only imagine what kind of shit she had been dealing with to fire back on that comment.

Lol when was that? 😂

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I’m not sure why people think a new album would have new Axl vocals. It’s probably going to be CDII tracks with the vocals recorded back in the late 90’s and early 2000’s

I would agree however there is a small part of me that believes slash wrote a guitar-driven song that axl MAY put vocals to

1 hour ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

It looks as if the 2010s will be the first decade in the bands history where they don’t release an album. That is sad. Really sad.

Yeah sometimes I don’t fucking get this band. Isn’t the new album basically done? How hard is it to just get slash and duff to overdub all the CD leftovers we just heard? Are we seriously never going to hear official versions of killer tracks like Berlin (Oklahoma) and whatever else?

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Eh technically I guess .. I consider 2020 to be the start of new decade 

Yeah same. January 1st 2020 is the start of the 2020’s, and therefore the start of the next decade. So yeah it’s looking like there will be no GnR studio album for the 2010’s. That sucks! Every previous decade had a studio record!

1980’s - Appetite for Destruction (and also kinda sorta GNR Lies)

1990’s - Use Your Illusion I & II (and also kinda sorta The Spaghetti Incident)

2000’s - Chinese Democracy (and also kinda sorta... oh...)

Edited by rocknroll41

28 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah same. January 1st 2020 is the start of the 2020’s, and therefore the start of the next decade. So yeah it’s looking like there will be no GnR studio album for the 2010’s. That sucks! Every previous decade had a studio record!

1980’s - Appetite for Destruction (and also kinda sorta GNR Lies)

1990’s - Use Your Illusion I & II (and also kinda sorta The Spaghetti Incident)

2000’s - Chinese Democracy (and also kinda sorta... oh...)

Well technically due to the leaks although we didn't get an official album this decade we got 1-2 albums worth of material (:

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yes. And I think this is why Fernando has been vague on whether it's him on reddit or not.

Because if the reddit account is him, he probably wanted to have just an "unofficial" interaction with fans. So if he confirms it was him, it will become instantly official and every news outlet will report about it, and then will be asking for interviews with band members, and so on. And the band wouldn't want that.

I still don't know for a fact it's the real Fernando on Reddit but I believe it's him.

It's possible he was trying to do something nice for us hardcore fans, to include us and share some good news but wanted to keep it contained for the reasons you've specified. If that is really the case here then I can imagine what he could be thinking right now if he is aware of what the general response to his Reddit post is. (no good deed goes unpunished/damned if you do, damned if you don't)

Makes me wonder if this time his course of action was chosen due to the limitations that come from working for Axl. Plans change often, especially when we're talking about when a new album is released so maybe he simply wants to avoid potential backlash should they fail to deliver on time.

But I still think there's a better way of providing the fans with new information without it being on the band's expense or the fans. You can't really say "new album in 6 months" and then not even confirm it was you who said that without it backfiring given the circumstances.

Edited by Rovim