sofine11

GNR Manager Fernando Confirms New Album Within 6 Months!!

1 hour ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

It looks as if the 2010s will be the first decade in the bands history where they don’t release an album. That is sad. Really sad.

Well, they have until dec/2020

6 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Eh technically I guess .. I consider 2020 to be the start of new decade 

Yeah same. January 1st 2020 is the start of the 2020’s, and therefore the start of the next decade. So yeah it’s looking like there will be no GnR studio album for the 2010’s. That sucks! Every previous decade had a studio record!

1980’s - Appetite for Destruction (and also kinda sorta GNR Lies)

1990’s - Use Your Illusion I & II (and also kinda sorta The Spaghetti Incident)

2000’s - Chinese Democracy (and also kinda sorta... oh...)

Edited by rocknroll41

28 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah same. January 1st 2020 is the start of the 2020’s, and therefore the start of the next decade. So yeah it’s looking like there will be no GnR studio album for the 2010’s. That sucks! Every previous decade had a studio record!

1980’s - Appetite for Destruction (and also kinda sorta GNR Lies)

1990’s - Use Your Illusion I & II (and also kinda sorta The Spaghetti Incident)

2000’s - Chinese Democracy (and also kinda sorta... oh...)

Well technically due to the leaks although we didn't get an official album this decade we got 1-2 albums worth of material (:

28 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Well technically due to the leaks although we didn't get an official album this decade we got 1-2 albums worth of material (:

Yeah, and last year the remix album leaked too, so thank FUCK for the leaks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yes. And I think this is why Fernando has been vague on whether it's him on reddit or not.

Because if the reddit account is him, he probably wanted to have just an "unofficial" interaction with fans. So if he confirms it was him, it will become instantly official and every news outlet will report about it, and then will be asking for interviews with band members, and so on. And the band wouldn't want that.

I still don't know for a fact it's the real Fernando on Reddit but I believe it's him.

It's possible he was trying to do something nice for us hardcore fans, to include us and share some good news but wanted to keep it contained for the reasons you've specified. If that is really the case here then I can imagine what he could be thinking right now if he is aware of what the general response to his Reddit post is. (no good deed goes unpunished/damned if you do, damned if you don't)

Makes me wonder if this time his course of action was chosen due to the limitations that come from working for Axl. Plans change often, especially when we're talking about when a new album is released so maybe he simply wants to avoid potential backlash should they fail to deliver on time.

But I still think there's a better way of providing the fans with new information without it being on the band's expense or the fans. You can't really say "new album in 6 months" and then not even confirm it was you who said that without it backfiring given the circumstances.

Edited by Rovim

Such an amazing management GNR have.

Professionalism at its best! Hey Apple! Have a look here how marketing stuff gets done right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hahaha well it got you guys talking for 19 pages, but basically you are none the wiser? :lol:

I never read much into Fernando and Team Brazil, I couldn't care less about these people. I really can't take them seriously.

I just hope that if/when March comes and there’s no word of an album, that @Fernandotakes some accountability and explains exactly why it hasn’t  happened.

Eh... Honestly? I still think its a fake and have some ideas of who it might be. Those who were closely following reddit and discord got some stuff that Fernando himself would reply in different ways, as its related to recent cannon band activities. The person behind the account had no idea who trocolli is and his contributions to the AFD box, for exemple.

And trocolli said Fernando do know about him and his contributions.

Edited by default_
  • Like 1

someone should tell Fernando that GnR should do a S&M album with CD and the UYI trilogy as bonus.

To be honest, I’m kinda glad GNR haven’t got 10 albums out. Don’t get me wrong I’d love a new album with the original members - but so many bands crash and burn as time goes on

Bon Jovi should’ve stopped at These Days, U2 at Pop, Oasis at Standing on the Shoulders of Giants, same with Aerosmith, AC/DC etc etc

GNR have at least kept their mythical status coz they’ve never really released a shite album of original songs

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

To be honest, I’m kinda glad GNR haven’t got 10 albums out. Don’t get me wrong I’d love a new album with the original members - but so many bands crash and burn as time goes on

Bon Jovi should’ve stopped at These Days, U2 at Pop, Oasis at Standing on the Shoulders of Giants, same with Aerosmith, AC/DC etc etc

GNR have at least kept their mythical status coz they’ve never really released a shite album of original songs

Don't get me wrong but fuck their mythical status. Out of potentially 10 Guns albums, some of the tunes would have probably been great. It's better to release 1 or 2 shit albums but most of the catalog is good compared to musical starvation as a Gn'R fan imo.

Together they've created better music. Also it doesn't have to be 10 albums. Could have been 2 or 3 more in their prime. The shitty thing is they've wasted it creating without one another.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

24 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

Chinese Democracy, oops...

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

That is highly debatable if you consider CD a Gn'R album. 

11 minutes ago, SonofaGun said:

Come on guys. No new album in six months. We should all know better.

Unfortunately, I have to agree.

No expectations is the best thing with the band, when and if it comes out, great! 'Till then we have plenty of new songs from teh ChiDem sessions, but I bet my pinky that they will release all the songs that were leaked as the new GNR record.

45 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

I disagree.

Every good band needs to experience the release of at least one shitty album. That's the only way to go and evolve as a songwriter.

I mean, Guns would be so much cooler if they had released a shitty album in '95 and then came back swinging with a masterpiece in '99, for example. I love the band and I like that they are timeless, but they haven't basically said anything artistic since who remembers.

But nostalgia is cool too. And they do that really well. I just like to have my bands less succesful and making music rather than just riding on their past achievements, as amazing as they are.

But what do I know.

Best regards,

Guy who once thought Bon Jovi's Crush was the tits and who LOVES Aerosmith's Nine Lives.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Thanks for your comment. Not to burst your bubble though, but Rolling Stone is a legitimate news organisation and unlike content mills (GNRCentral, Alternative Nation, Blabbermouth), will likely not report on anonymous and unverifiable Reddit accounts claiming to be someone of importance. 

Exactly. And the media hasn't forgotten the Chinese Democracy debacle.  Announced date, skipped date, announced date, skipped date.  Keep in mind, they started playing CD songs Jan 2001 and for the next seven and a half years, made promises they couldn't/wouldn't keep. Rolling Stone has nothing to go on, especially some random Reddit post whose legitimacy no one can officially confirm.

On 2019-09-27 at 11:19 PM, sidman69 said:

man this doesn't seem very professional of management, but then again his mother unfollowed susan...sooo yeah right up TB alley to reveal that

Cause of that picture with Stephanie Seymour? lol