(THREAD UPDATE: HE LIED) GNR Manager Fernando Confirms New Album Within 6 Months!!

22 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I could step into the role tomorrow and book more tours. There's more to managing a band than keeping them on the road all year around, you have to plan ahead and not overexpose your assets! I don't know how far ahead they have plans, nut in previous times they seemed to book on the go, and make plans around their last minute bookings... that isn't good business, that is exactly how great things slip through your fingers, and you ultimately lose a lot of money. NITL has earned a lot of money... I know, but one right move does not excuse 10 bad ones (appetite for democracy dvd being a great example of badly executing an easy project).

No you couldn’t. Especially since it is illegal in most states for a manager to book an artist shows....

Nobody is making Axl go out on the road. Nobody is going to force him to write and nobody is going to force him to release music he feels isn’t ready. 

I’m certain from experience in the music business that there’s nothing autopilot about managing an act like GNR. You can surely disagree about the direction you see as a finished product, but effort and the ability to make that machine function shouldn’t be called into question. That’s a job few can pull off for as long as they’ve been there 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

And do you know why she left Stephanie to work with Axl? I've always thought she had left because something happened between them.

So is Axl also mad with Susan because of the picture? Now I'm wondering.

It's all so pathetic I can't even start!

From my understanding Stephanie fired her and Axl liked her/her family so much that he called and told her to come work for him.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Politania said:

http://ladydairhean.0catch.com/Axl/Interviews/article0155.htm 

I don't know how credible it is, because  it's not original interview- just rewritten and probably translated

Oh yeah I remember when that came out!

I don't have much patience for the TB drama and hate so I don't follow much, but that thing with Susan was just too bizarre.

Thanks for posting the link. ;)

1 hour ago, Bozo said:

The hate that most of you directs towards Fernando and TB are simply crazy. Just let this people do their jobs. GNR is reunited, everybody is at peace and the business is running smoothly. U are just putting this people in a no win situation. Damn if they do, dams if they don't. 

U just have to realize that Axl is a complicated guy sometimes, and he likes the work that TB put together. As a family business it may not be the best PR, it may not explore the trademark at its potential, but its working fine, with no outsider bullshit.

Just relax, jesus ...

I'm guessing you're not familiar with the long history of open contempt that TB has treated the fan base with. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I'm guessing you're not familiar with the long history of open contempt that TB has treated the fan base with. 

Seriously? I've never felt anything but love from TB.  The same way Liam and Noel love each other.... no wait, that's a terrible example :)    

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

No you couldn’t. Especially since it is illegal in most states for a manager to book an artist shows....

Nobody is making Axl go out on the road. Nobody is going to force him to write and nobody is going to force him to release music he feels isn’t ready. 

I’m certain from experience in the music business that there’s nothing autopilot about managing an act like GNR. You can surely disagree about the direction you see as a finished product, but effort and the ability to make that machine function shouldn’t be called into question. That’s a job few can pull off for as long as they’ve been there 

My God... 

If nobody can get him to do anything then he doesn't  need management. Managements job is to push and facilitate the artist. 

"Shouldn't  be called into question" you seriously have no clue🤣🤣🤣🤣 

I commend  them for not stepping in the way and ruining the reunion, but they were not working to put that band back together. These people lived with Axl, knew that his feelings for Slash had softened and still they were taken by surprise  when he asked them to get Slash's number. ANY other management  would have had Slash's contact well before that, having anticipated it. 

They aren't all bad, but you and some others give far, far too much credit for the success of the NITL to TB. And you can say the opposite but if they were as good as you make ou, then they could have done a lot better with previous line up.

Edited by Tom2112

4 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

My God... 

If nobody can get him to do anything then he doesn't  need management. Managements job is to push and facilitate the artist. 

"Shouldn't  be called into question" you seriously have no clue🤣🤣🤣🤣 

I commend  them for not stepping in the way and ruining the reunion, but they were not working to put that band back together. These people lived with Axl, knew that his feelings for Slash had softened and still they were taken by surprise  when he asked them to get Slash's number. ANY other management  would have had Slash's contact well before that, having anticipated it. 

They aren't all bad, but you and some others give far, far too much credit for the success of the NITL to TB. And you can say the opposite but if they were as good as you make ou, then they could have done a lot better with previous line up.

I’ve only said we don’t have all of the info to say what kind of job they’ve done. Haven’t seen the contracts to see if they’ve been screwed over, taken advantage, the back and forth with labels, agents, promoters, lawyers, vendors, etc or know what the directive from the man himself for all of it. 

If you’re basing your judgement on not having a phone number on call, that’s fresh. They did know how to get his number when needed. Can the same be said of any of us? 

All I’ve said is that it takes a lot to manage a band on that level day to day. Far more than “booking shows”. If they didn’t know wtf they were doing in that environment or hadn’t developed enough relationships within the industry , then none of this would have happened. It would have blown up in their face week 1 or at least when the end of year statements came in. 

Sure they have a combative stance against this sector of the fanbase. I wish it were different as it could be more of an asset for the some of the stuff they’d like to push through on a fanatic level. However in the grand scheme of GNR’s business (especially in 2019) there are probably more important things to determine success or not 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Annabelle said:

Yes. At this point the GNR brand equals nostalgia. Good for them I guess, they keep making money but it’s just that. Nothing of substance anymore.

Is how them want to recover the lost time.  But to recover the lost time instead be in the road , them should try new music. This tour already to reach saturation point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I am familiar with all the confrontation that happened here, including with Axl himself. And i can say that this is a natural consequence of the amount of negativity that rises in every hardcore fanbase. There are some batcrazy ppl in these environments, that inevitably explode whatever bridges may have between artists and their fans.

If i was in the band camp i would never, ever, expose myself in places like here. And i believe this is for the better of parts. Everyone must know their places ... And that's how it goes.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Bozo said:

I am familiar with all the confrontation that happened here, including with Axl himself. And i can say that this is a natural consequence of the amount of negativity that rises in every hardcore fanbase. There are some batcrazy ppl in these environments, that inevitably explode whatever bridges may have between artists and their fans.

If i was in the band camp i would never, ever, expose myself in places like here. And i believe this is for the better of parts. Everyone must know their places ... And that's how it goes.

I would hope you wouldn't expose yourself anywhere :lol:

Sorry, I knew what you meant but I had to take the cheap joke :)

You say you're "familiar with the confrontation that happens here" but that's not the question I asked. What I asked was if you're familiar with the open competent TB has for the fans? They express it on a pretty regular basis. 

We've reached out to the them over and over offering to help in anyway we can but it always ends up the same way: they retreat and display a "woe is me" attitude or a "what can we do" attitude instead of making any effort to build a bridge with the fan base. 

I can tell you from personal experience with the entire situation that the relationship between TB and the fans is the result of TB, not the fans. I can't speak for the entire fan base of course. I realize there are other forums with "batshit crazy" fans (as you put it) but this isn't one of those places. We try and have tried for a very long time to weed out all of the troublemakers. You would think TB would take advantage of that, yet they don't. They just sit back and whine instead. "Complaints, complaints, complaints", indeed. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

4 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Fernando Watch Update:

https://www.reddit.com/user/flebeis/

He's now claiming he's going to clam up and shut us out. Let's see if he sticks to it or not.

I hope he doesn't, it's hilarious watching him get shitty with everyone who disses the toy trucks. I'm tempted to sign up to reddit just so I can troll him.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Towelie said:

Is Fernando really GNR's manager? I thought he just represented Axl? I can't imagine Duff and Slash agreeing to Team Brazil running their business in Guns??

The band itself has a separate manager (forget her name). TB works directly for Axl, managing his schedule specifically (or something).

• GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, Towelie said:

Is Fernando really GNR's manager? I thought he just represented Axl? I can't imagine Duff and Slash agreeing to Team Brazil running their business in Guns??

TB is GNR’s management. Slash and Duff have their own management who look after their own interests. I would assume they’ve negotiated terms on splits before TB gets paid 

• GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, Towelie said:

They have a tour manager, Angie Warner. Live Nation hired her

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

You know, if Fernando wasn't just blowing smoke, and the album really is pretty much right around the corner...Does anyone think any original songs penned by Slash, Duff, and Axl together are on the agenda? 

The way Axl operates studio-wise I'd personally be shocked if anything other than Chi Dem era tracks "painted over" by Slash and Duff make the cut.