(THREAD UPDATE: HE LIED) GNR Manager Fernando Confirms New Album Within 6 Months!!

1 hour ago, Padme said:

Here there is a review of a the show. And an short interview with the Production Manager. The guy also worked with them during the UYI Tour. I don't know if Production Manager means Tour Manager :unsure:

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/entertainment/music-news-reviews/article235428927.html

Production Manager basically oversees the crew that handles sound, lights, stage setup, etc., if I'm not mistaken

1 hour ago, Padme said:

Here there is a review of a the show. And an short interview with the Production Manager. The guy also worked with them during the UYI Tour. I don't know if Production Manager means Tour Manager :unsure:

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/entertainment/music-news-reviews/article235428927.html

Here’s a breakdown for everyone 

Personal Managers: Personal Managers are involved in counseling and advising artists (or songwriters, producers, engineers, instrumentalists/musicians, etc) on all matters related to their musical careers. Traditionally, personal managers primarily focused on shopping for Record and/or Publishing deals for their clients, and then helping to navigate their clients through the deals and beyond. Today, the role of the personal manager has evolved into a much more hands-on approach regarding helping their clients reach fans directly, and assisting clients in running their own recording, publishing, merchandising and performing/touring operations. Even though (for certain types of “mainstream” artists/musicians/songwriters) traditional Record and Publishing deals may still make some sense, the deals that most managers pursue for their clients are in the areas of sponsorship, branding, merchandising, and/or licensing. The personal managers’ job therefore is to – while helping clients run their own “companies” – help figure out which deals (if any) complement the clients’ independent operations and fit into their long-term career plan

Business Managers: The Business Manager, usually an accountant by trade, manages the income and expenses of the client. Business managers usually take care of making payments to musicians, background singers, roadies, tour managers, etc., on behalf of the artist. They also assist clients in the areas of assets and investments, savings, taxes (local, state, federal, and International), etc.
Many artists are not well versed in the intricacies of, in particular, the tax obligations that relate to their performance, licensing, sponsorship, recording, and merchandise income; equipment purchases and sales, business expenses, etc. Business managers help their clients organize their money affairs while also assisting with investments, savings, and retirement funds.

Road Manager: The Road manager normally takes care of logistics while the artist is on tour (or on the road). Duties include making sure that everything on the road is provided for as spelled out in the contract and all monies are paid on time. The artist can then concentrate solely on performing and interacting with fans, and not be distracted and pre-occupied with whether the promoter, venue booker, booking agent, sponsor or brand partner has met their obligations. The road manager also follows up on items promised as part of the contract such as accommodations, per diems, advances/deposits, rentals, commissions, and so on.

Tour Manager: The Tour manager on larger tours coordinates all the Road managers along with the details and logistics of the tour itself. Sometimes, particularly on “smaller” or independent artist tours, the road manager and the tour manager are the same person. The Tour manager is in charge of all the details that relate to the entire tour including communications, merchandising, tour routing, catering, hospitality, etc.

Production Manager: Production managers can be found on larger tours involving major record label artists. Production managers work closely with tour managers, helping with certain details having to do with the production of the show; like renting sound, video and lighting equipment, dealing with trucking issues, etc. Production managers also deal with the publicity for the show, as well as assist with scheduling and coordinating both the touring crew and the local venue crew (stagehands, carpenters, riggers, etc.).

Technical Manager: The Technical Manager (or Technical Director) is usually the person in charge of set design, construction, and control during the performance. They work closely with the production manager.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Padme said:

ITs not the same, with big bands and big tours there are several people over seeing different aspects of the show

23 minutes ago, BangoSkank said:

It would be cool if this album has a cohesive creative direction that they all agree on, but I'm worried that Axl and Slash still don't see eye-to-eye aesthetically. 

Them playing each other's songs seems more like a gesture of goodwill than anything else.

This is the Axl Rose show for sure.  But, it's not nothing to have your pic through 30 unreleased songs and choose which ones you'd want to work on.  A few current band originals would be really sweet, but that's a stretch.  

Also - I don't think the opinion that Axl doesn't wanna record vocals still stands.  He obviously recorded way more than we thought back in the day and I'm not sure when that This I Love remix was recorded, but those vocals are great.

2 minutes ago, parisrocks said:

This is the Axl Rose show for sure.  But, it's not nothing to have your pic through 30 unreleased songs and choose which ones you'd want to work on.  A few current band originals would be really sweet, but that's a stretch.  

Also - I don't think the opinion that Axl doesn't wanna record vocals still stands.  He obviously recorded way more than we thought back in the day and I'm not sure when that This I Love remix was recorded, but those vocals are great.

If he was willing to record new vocals in 2018 for Looney Tunes then I’d imagine he’s willing to record new vocals for GNR

9 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Oh me too, no doubt about it. I just wouldn't be a prick to the hardcore fanbase like he is!

Is he really? I haven't been on this forum much in recent years so I've kind of missed the relevance of where he fits into things.

17 minutes ago, W. Axl Kev said:

Is he really? I haven't been on this forum much in recent years so I've kind of missed the relevance of where he fits into things.

If that reddit account is his (and he was asked 3 times by Russ if it was him and he wouldn't give an answer) then yes, he is a grade A prick.

1 hour ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Has anyone made positive claims that he had a drinking problem? I think in absence of that we can assume it was never a big issue for him.

He has overdosed and been in rehabs. So there's that.

Awesome avatar by the way.. 

1 hour ago, parisrocks said:

Yeah - I think he's open to singing on it and Slash is open to playing on it and Duff is open to anything. 

And Slash laying down guitar work on already recorded Chinese-era stuff would be awesome, I've just always been under the impression that he does not care for that style of music - wondering how that's gonna play out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

When was that for Axl though, 86?

Bill is my kindred spirit. 

Yes it was a long time ago but it was still an issue at one point. Doesn't matter to me either way just throwing my two cents in.. I drink way too much myself... 

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

Yes it was a long time ago but it was still an issue at one point. Doesn't matter to me either way just throwing my two cents in.. I drink way too much myself... 

Ok, I just don't think there's any evidence that Axl has a drinking issue so it's just pure speculation. We know he has an issue with carbs though!

• Like 1