sofine11

GNR Manager Fernando Confirms New Album Within 6 Months!!

23 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Just like the AFD box which came a year after the anniversary, lol.

It came out in the 30th year since appetite was released, what's wrong with that?

1 hour ago, Sanomatovic said:

Knowing the band, it would be called Ides of March and released in July

July 2021.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

And who's claim to fame is designing toy trucks and laundry bags with a guns logo attached!

In fairness I'd take the job too if offered.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, W. Axl Kev said:

In fairness I'd take the job too if offered.

Oh me too, no doubt about it. I just wouldn't be a prick to the hardcore fanbase like he is!

9 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Oh me too, no doubt about it. I just wouldn't be a prick to the hardcore fanbase like he is!

Is he really? I haven't been on this forum much in recent years so I've kind of missed the relevance of where he fits into things.

17 minutes ago, W. Axl Kev said:

Is he really? I haven't been on this forum much in recent years so I've kind of missed the relevance of where he fits into things.

If that reddit account is his (and he was asked 3 times by Russ if it was him and he wouldn't give an answer) then yes, he is a grade A prick.

1 hour ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Has anyone made positive claims that he had a drinking problem? I think in absence of that we can assume it was never a big issue for him.

He has overdosed and been in rehabs. So there's that.

Awesome avatar by the way.. 

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

When was that for Axl though, 86?

Bill is my kindred spirit. 

1 hour ago, parisrocks said:

This is the Axl Rose show for sure.  But, it's not nothing to have your pic through 30 unreleased songs and choose which ones you'd want to work on.  A few current band originals would be really sweet, but that's a stretch.  

Also - I don't think the opinion that Axl doesn't wanna record vocals still stands.  He obviously recorded way more than we thought back in the day and I'm not sure when that This I Love remix was recorded, but those vocals are great.

Yeah - I think he's open to singing on it and Slash is open to playing on it and Duff is open to anything. 

And Slash laying down guitar work on already recorded Chinese-era stuff would be awesome, I've just always been under the impression that he does not care for that style of music - wondering how that's gonna play out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

When was that for Axl though, 86?

Bill is my kindred spirit. 

Yes it was a long time ago but it was still an issue at one point. Doesn't matter to me either way just throwing my two cents in.. I drink way too much myself... 

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

Yes it was a long time ago but it was still an issue at one point. Doesn't matter to me either way just throwing my two cents in.. I drink way too much myself... 

Ok, I just don't think there's any evidence that Axl has a drinking issue so it's just pure speculation. We know he has an issue with carbs though!

• Like 1

If I were looking at it from a logical standpoint (which this band apparently never does) Axl has plenty of unreleased material that it would be easy to have Slash and Duff play on and then call it a day. Slash also has plenty of ideas, as he said in interviews that he wrote material for his solo work and stuff he felt would fit in GNR. He was releasing an album every 2 years, so clearly has some ideas, and Duff has also been releasing material. The band has slowed down on touring a bit, and may have been writing without us knowing. I think it would be safe to expect an album in the next couple years (although next March would be optimal).

13 minutes ago, BangoSkank said:

Yeah - I think he's open to singing on it and Slash is open to playing on it and Duff is open to anything. 

And Slash laying down guitar work on already recorded Chinese-era stuff would be awesome, I've just always been under the impression that he does not care for that style of music - wondering how that's gonna play out.

A couple reworked CD era songs would be ok as long as they come up with some new stuff too. Would love to see them work on material and ideas that may have collaborated on in the past.  I would actually love to see an instrumental in vain of the newest Blues Jam they have been playing. They are really onto something there and I even like what Fortus brought to the table. He stayed in his lane, wasn't to loud and gave a nice tasteful backdrop for Slash to paint over.. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

They've had plenty of time to chip away at writing and recording, so I'm not too concerned.

That is for damn sure.. All the time they spend on the road and time in between shows, I hope they spent some time jamming together.. I know Slash plays constantly and you can record freakin demos on your phone now.. 

13 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

That is for damn sure.. All the time they spend on the road and time in between shows, I hope they spent some time jamming together.. I know Slash plays constantly and you can record freakin demos on your phone now.. 

Agreed. They have no excuses to not at least have demos. Fully mastered songs are a different story but demos are fairly easy to get done. 

I really hope Duff and Slash do some serious rework on Axl's stuff. I can see good potential for Hard School, but right now it's just random and sounding suuuper dated.

I also hope they mix it with new material from Slash and Duff.

I would love to have as final product an album more like Appetite and far away from the CD over produced dramatic megalomania.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 9/27/2019 at 4:52 PM, DieselDaisy said:

I mean Beta removing Susan because Susan was seen being chums with Stephanie Seymour!! How old is Beta? It is toddler school playground politics: ''your friends with her so I'll not be your friend anymore na na na-na-na''.

Did she really unfollow Susan over this? And what exactly did Beta say in the comments? I see people mentioning she got into it with some fan in the comments of the post, but no one had a screenshot.

Edited by GnR Chris

50 minutes ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

I really hope Duff and Slash do some serious rework on Axl's stuff. I can see good potential for Hard School, but right now it's just random and sounding suuuper dated.

I also hope they mix it with new material from Slash and Duff.

I would love to have as final product an album more like Appetite and far away from the CD over produced dramatic megalomania.

Agree on all accounts except Hardschool. Haven't heard or care to hear it so I can't comment on that. 

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

What makes you think that?  

About the alcohol addiction or that Axl still drinks? I'm not sure about the addiction part but as far as I'm aware he never had that bad of an addiction compared to Duff or Slash, but Axl still drinks, he and Angus went out to a restaurant near the end of the ROB tour and Axl had like a glass of wine or something, and Axl still goes to nightclubs and probably gets a few drinks there. That's all the info I got.

About the O/T discussion:

What is known of Axl is that he OD'd once on pills in 1987. Never went to rehab.

2 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Did she really unfollow Susan over this? And what exactly did Beta say in the comments? I see people mentioning she got into it with some fan in the comments of the post, but no one had a screenshot.

It has been posted here, maybe the social media thread?

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Axl have never been in rehab as far as anyone knows. It's certainly not public knowledge that he has.

Axl admitted to using heroin and not getting addicted, which speaks more to his bipolar disorder than anything

I think it's more likely that he took heroin, had a manic episode because of the heroin, got hospitalized for the manic episode, and that's the only reason why he kicked it so quick

Axl spins things in ways that make himself feel better about reality - he admitted to being diagnosed bipolar with a question test (that's standard - there's no blood test for bipolar disorder) and then years later tried to backtrack on it