(THREAD UPDATE: HE LIED) GNR Manager Fernando Confirms New Album Within 6 Months!!

New Slash interview confirming there is no set timeline for new GNR album, also lots of praise for Izzy

https://www.guitarplayer.com/players/slash-reveals-the-method-behind-his-riff-writing-madness?fbclid=IwAR05pSfwTGwCcX0iVhWEpPsOYwbTGNtJhPkcfFtjWORC8iisWlHhs6kwDdk

What about Guns N’ Roses - any new music in the works?

We finally started working toward getting some material recorded. We get back together in October and go out on the road, and then as soon as that’s over, we’ll hunker down and start moving toward getting a record done.

And when do you think we might hear that record?

I have no idea at what pace that will happen. [laughs] With Guns N’ Roses it’s best not to speculate. You just do it when it’s gotta be done.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Lol, the contract is perfectly valid in regards to signatures. Their legal names and aliases are stated in the beginning (btw, Axl's legal name is W. Axl Rose, not William Bailey).

Besides, the signature is just a mark representing the individual who signs it, and doesn't have to be a legible real name (most signatures are stylized anyway, and you can't make someone's name just by seeing the signature). For centuries there were contracts signed just with a cross or an "x" (due to illiteracy) and they were totally valid.

Thanks for yet another insightful post. Make sure to tell us more the next time you talk to "Iz", "Ax", "Gilb" and all your other friends.

can you repeat at least 10 more times how I call them?

also, why the fuck do you care how I call them!? :facepalm:

LOL where did I ever say I was talking with them or I was friends with them :facepalm:  LOL

if you type a post, at least TRY to reffer to what is being said cause your comments do make you look stupid.

p.s. I am sorry that Iz, Ax, Gilb makes intellectual challange for you and your understanding who is being considered, but like 99.99% do know who we alk about and have no trouble understanding.

you do know who I reffer to when I say Dizz, right?

As far as contract goes...you do know that there ARE different countries following different laws and what applies in one country as obligatory DOES NOT apply in the other, right? ...or is that too demanding for you as well?

Edited by shotsfired cro
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

New Slash interview confirming there is no set timeline for new GNR album, also lots of praise for Izzy

https://www.guitarplayer.com/players/slash-reveals-the-method-behind-his-riff-writing-madness?fbclid=IwAR05pSfwTGwCcX0iVhWEpPsOYwbTGNtJhPkcfFtjWORC8iisWlHhs6kwDdk

What about Guns N’ Roses - any new music in the works?

We finally started working toward getting some material recorded. We get back together in October and go out on the road, and then as soon as that’s over, we’ll hunker down and start moving toward getting a record done.

And when do you think we might hear that record?

I have no idea at what pace that will happen. [laughs] With Guns N’ Roses it’s best not to speculate. You just do it when it’s gotta be done.

there we go folks 

slash is pissed and wants izzy back in the motherfucking fold asap or else this motherfucking shit tour will implode sooner than later and the idea of an album will become as fodder as fernando's short 2 minutes of reddit fame 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

there we go folks 

slash is pissed and wants izzy back in the motherfucking fold asap or else this motherfucking shit tour will implode sooner than later and the idea of an album will become as fodder as fernando's short 2 minutes of reddit fame 

lol calm down there bro all he said was what's great about working with Izzy. I'm sure he wants him back but it obviously didn't work out so and he's made enough albums without Izzy at this point. They should still get him to come in for some songwriting sessions tho, that would be sweet to see Stradlin credits on a new album

• Like 1

Just now, StrangerInThisTown said:

lol calm down there bro all he said was what's great about working with Izzy. I'm sure he wants him back but it obviously didn't work out so and he's made enough albums without Izzy at this point. They should still get him to come in for some songwriting sessions tho, that would be sweet to see Stradlin credits on a new album

yes - they need him asap slash nor axl nor duff for that matter can write fuck all without the iz mister providing that spark 

and God damnit get him in the shows i wanna fucking hear 1400 years and dusty balls 

• Like 2

To be fair though, SMKC can't be back next year because Alter Bridge have an album coming out in 2 weeks and will then tour that for 2020 so Slash is dependant on GNR for something to do. GNR will tour next year with or without a new album. But I don't think Slash will sit around almost 6 months until march and do nothing, that time will be spent on GNR music. Let's hope for the best

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

This is the document (partnership agreement), images and transcript:

http://www.a-4-d.com/t3745-1992-10-dd-guns-n-roses-partnership-contract-memorandum-of-agreement

But it's not impossible that the name clause was added later to the signed document, as in this particular copy it's been typed over and exceeds the limit of the page.

On the other hand, like I said earlier, as far as Duff's account is concerned about it taking place in Barcelona 1993, I doubt that he was in position at that time to have perception of what was going on and then remember it the details years later.

I guess there's no way for us to know, and we'll never know.

That is probably a draft copy or it would have signatures on it and  Initials on every page. There's no doubt that whatever it was that slash and duff signed, it was under duress and explains why they spent years in court fighting Axl. I'm sure they reached an agreement in the end that allowed Axl to release CD under the guns n roses banner while slash retained the rights to the bullet logo.

2 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

That is probably a draft copy or it would have signatures on it and  Initials on every page. There's no doubt that whatever it was that slash and duff signed, it was under duress and explains why they spent years in court fighting Axl. I'm sure they reached an agreement in the end that allowed Axl to release CD under the guns n roses banner while slash retained the rights to the bullet logo.

Probably it is a draft copy, but I guess you didn't see the images, because it does have signatures and initials next to the clauses, and it's the one that was used in Slash's and Duff's 2004 lawsuit. The lawsuit was settled in 2006, but it wasn't about the issues you mention.

And how "there's no doubt it was under duress", since there are different and contradicting accounts? We simply don't know.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Probably it is a draft copy, but I guess you didn't see the images, because it does have signatures and initials next to the clauses, and it's the one that was used in Slash's and Duff's 2004 lawsuit. The lawsuit was settled in 2006, but it wasn't about the issues you mention.

And how "there's no doubt it was under duress", since there are different and contradicting accounts? We simply don't know.

Ok, by slash and duffs account it was under duress or there wouldn't have been a need to be on court in the first place?

any idea of the results in 2006? The probably all signed NDAs or something 

33 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Ok, by slash and duffs account it was under duress or there wouldn't have been a need to be on court in the first place?

any idea of the results in 2006? The probably all signed NDAs or something 

Slash has given contradicting accounts. First he said it was a "legal faux pas" and that he was misinformed about the consequences of the clause by the band's lawyers; later he aligned with Duff's version about "under duress" (although he gave a different timing about when the contract was signed); and in his book he said nothing about the circumstances under which he had signed it.

The lawsuit wasn't about "under duress" or the circumstances of the signing of the contract in general  (it took as given that the contract was signed on the date that is stated in it). They couldn't sue for that anyway, since the statute of limitations (the time limit the law allowed for legal action) had expired. It was about Slash's and Duff's rights as original partners (synch rights etc.). Then Axl counter-sued.

Slash went to Axl's house that night in 2005 with intention, according to himself, to settle the lawsuit, but obviously it didn't happen. 

I don't think they signed any NDAs, but I think it's common practice to not disclose the terms of the settlement.

Actually the case is listed in the L.A. Superior Court database as "Dismissed/Other" and then specifically as "Dismissed without prejudice" which probably means that they agreed to withdraw the lawsuits but with the right to open the case again. So I don't think it changed anything.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

yes - they need him asap slash nor axl nor duff for that matter can write fuck all without the iz mister providing that spark 

and God damnit get him in the shows i wanna fucking hear 1400 years and dusty balls 

Izzy doesn't have anything on Axl as a songwriter. He's overrated as hell by folks like you, but each to their own.

Edited by MooseMan
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, MooseMan said:

Izzy doesn't have anything on Axl as a songwriter. He's overrated as hell by folks like you, but each to their own.

Dude I think everyone who has a brain inside their skull would agree that with G'nR the sum of all the parts was infinitely greater than any one of the individuals by themselves. 

Whether Axl, Izzy, Slash or even Duff were the better songwriter I guess is a matter of opinion. And in my opinion I agree with you that Axl was the best of them all. Unfortunately he is certainly not the most prolific of them..!  :-(

• Like 4

Think GUNS have blown any chance of having Izzy sit in any writing sessions due to the peanuts offer during the reunion and maybe the past was brought up due to Izzy bowing out early during the Illusion tour maybe they doubted he would last a tour. Think Izzy contributes Slash the most out of all the rhythm guys he has played with. Fortus has the talent to lead a writing session and I feel he's underrated with his loyalty to the band when things weren't always going so well. It will be interesting to see what happens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

ok so he doesn't have anything on him but they need each other - or am i mistaken that there's been some hits post his departure - you're right rock the rock was huge

Not many hits since his departure, true, but rock is hardly popular these days on the charts either. Plus, GN'R's biggest hits aren't "Izzy songs", he wasn't the hit writer, the big ones are Axl's, so one has nothing to do with other. It's not like Axl needed Izzy for Sweet Child or November Rain. So this idea that they can't do shit without him, as you propose, is daft. I'm not diminishing his importance to the band, but he's not and never was the main songwriter.

Axl has written some fucking brilliant songs without Izzy in recent years. He's a fucking fine songwriter as songs like Catcher, Twat, Better, Perhaps, etc, show. Slash has also written some great songs musically since the old days. Anastasia is fucking awesome (musically). They will be fine with or without Izzy, (if they can get a fucking record out).

Edited by MooseMan
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, MooseMan said:

Not many hits since his departure, true, but rock is hardly popular these days on the charts either. Plus, GN'R's biggest hits aren't "Izzy songs", he wasn't the hit writer, the big ones are Axl's, so one has nothing to do with other. It's not like Axl needed Izzy for Sweet Child or November Rain. So this idea that they can't do shit without him, as you propose, is daft. I'm not diminishing his importance to the band, but he's not and never was the main songwriter.

Axl has written some fucking brilliant songs without Izzy in recent years. He's a fucking fine songwriter as songs like Catcher, Twat, Better, Perhaps, etc, show. Slash has also written some great songs musically since the old days. Anastasia is fucking masterpiece (musically). They will be fine with or without Izzy, (if they can get a fucking record out).

very compelling argument - rock sucks these days so lets call it a day

CD era songs sub par to the standard of classic gnr along with slashs solo work

sweet child and NR wow too bad they've been milked to no tomorrow

read what slash says about the subject rather than being a mac daddy - the spark that they lack is the elephant in the room - maybe they can prove everyone wrong with a mac daddy big mac hit 

u can't deny that they haven't been able to write as a team without the iz

if axl is so superior at songwriting why didn't he go solo and not rely on the gnr name - could've gone solo if hes so awesome alone

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

2 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

So.... are we still talking about Fermanager's "announcement" or is this just general musings /bitching thread? 

hardly an announcement 

its like  a little kid that hurls some beguiling statement in class and runs away down the hall before anyone can question further

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

25 minutes ago, MooseMan said:

''Patience''? Reached #4 in US and #10 in UK. He also co-wrote ''Don't Cry'' (#10/#8) and ''You Could Be Mine'' (#3 in UK). Considering Izzy wrote the chords for ''Sweet Child'' I'd say Rose did need Izzy for that song also although that is a rather weird way to put it as that song was triggered by Slash, not Rose; it would be more appropriate to say ''the band needed Izzy'' as that song was truly a band effort.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Edward Nygma said:

Fortus has the talent to lead a writing session and I feel he's underrated 

I’ve never seen anything to prove this correct. Not even song credits on CD.

Fantastic player for sure, and great for the tour. But his songwriting ability is anyone’s guess