sofine11

GNR Manager Fernando Confirms New Album Within 6 Months!!

Just now, PatrickS77 said:

And? But you have heard those good songs that Izzy had no hand in writing in. The lack of other albums has nothing to do with Izzy not being there.

As evidence that Guns can still write good songs again without Izzy: 1991 songs!

I actually broadly agree that Slash and Rose might be able to do something good but it'll lack what Izzy brought to the table which was something more concise and rock n' roll. 

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

As evidence that Guns can still write good songs again without Izzy: 1991 songs!

Yes. And all of them have released at least some worthwhile songs separately since. Now imagine if the 3 of them work together again. Izzy hasn't exactly set the world on fire since either. But Slash has. :P;)

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I actually broadly agree that Slash and Rose might be able to do something good but it'll lack what Izzy brought to the table which was something more concise and rock n' roll. 

I think there’s something to be said for Izzy just having his guitar and being in the room, you know. Just jamming chords and being the creative kindling. He’s just got that foundational musicality. 

Slash is kind of pummeling as a writer, riff centric... 

Axl as a writer seems kind of tentative... without co-writers. Perfectionism that lends itself to opus writing.

And Duff... I love Duff.

Edited by Ant

3 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Nothing has changed. He has been asked 3 times and avoided answering each time. I think that's conformation it's him.

Ok, thanks!

Hopefully Izzy has or will have a hand in writing for the new album. I imagine he'd be down if they asked him.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MooseMan said:

Not many hits since his departure, true, but rock is hardly popular these days on the charts either. Plus, GN'R's biggest hits aren't "Izzy songs", he wasn't the hit writer, the big ones are Axl's, so one has nothing to do with other. It's not like Axl needed Izzy for Sweet Child or November Rain. So this idea that they can't do shit without him, as you propose, is daft. I'm not diminishing his importance to the band, but he's not and never was the main songwriter.

Axl has written some fucking brilliant songs without Izzy in recent years. He's a fucking fine songwriter as songs like Catcher, Twat, Better, Perhaps, etc, show. Slash has also written some great songs musically since the old days. Anastasia is fucking awesome (musically). They will be fine with or without Izzy, (if they can get a fucking record out).

Its not like Axl wrotte those songs by himself. Did you forget the Shadow Company and a gazillion of hired guns? I honestly doubt Axl could writte any of these songs by himself. 

Edited by default_
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, The Garden of Guns N Roses said:

Thanks for the clarification.  Never heard that term being used before.

Because it is just something some guy came up with. There is no indication the writing credits in CD isn't correct. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, default_ said:

Its not like Axl wrotte those songs by himself. Did you forget the Shadow Company and a gazillion of hired guns? I honestly doubt Axl could writte any of these songs by himself. 

No, I didn't forget about them. Did you forget to read my post correctly and the posts I was replying to also? You are talking about something quite different, Mr. Straw man.