(THREAD UPDATE: HE LIED) GNR Manager Fernando Confirms New Album Within 6 Months!!

I think it would be great if they released an EP with an A side of 5 or 6 new songs written brand new, and a B side or disc 2 with 5 or 6 leftovers from the Chinese democracy sessions in their current format without Slash re-recording; Atlas, Perhaps, Hard School, I assume a couple of others must exist too. 

Provides a way to get the CD era stuff out, fans are happy with new music up but they only have to worry about writing and recording 5 new songs 

i have a feeling a full album would never live up to AFD or UYI so an EP is maybe less pressure 

• Like 1

Fernando is kind of a pompous dick whose only claim to fame is being Stephanie Seymour’s nanny’s son. He hit the jackpot leeching off of axls coattails, otherwise, he’d be trying to sell you an otter phone case at Best Buy. I don’t think he knows when Axl will release an album or not. If he was an actual hot shot of one of the biggest bands in the world, he wouldn’t be wacking his pud on reddit and arguing with us peasant scum fans. Just ignore him and he will go away.

1 minute ago, vloors said:

I do feel for the guy and the band dealing with some of the crazy fans around criticising every little detail on everything.

Whatever they decide to do is always going to be hard to please everyone. 

Im just happy they are still around. 

You’re right. I honestly don’t know what they ever did to receive so much criticism.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Just my opinion...its true, Metallica and Maiden are faaar superior in what they offer to fans. I just feel Axl must be pretty hard to “force” his brand to do things. I may be wrong but only TB and Axl know the truth hahaha

If I was Fernando’s friend I would drive him nuts with my GnR inquires hahahaha

GNR is still under control of UMG’s contract from the 90’s. Once that is up then it’s fair to compare what’s offered as they’d be on the same playing field. The issue is that they haven’t released enough material to rid themselves of a draconian contract to step into their peers situations. Whether their fault or not.

Until then, it makes absolutely no sense to release proshots and let UMG rake in the profits from it. 

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Reopening this thread that @sofine11made yesterday.

We were in contact with Fernando directly today. He was asked 3 times throughout the conversation if the reddit account was his, but he chose not to answer that question during the course of the conversation. 

So... due his dodging of a direct question (THREE times!) we'll just assume the account is his. 

Shouldn't the direct question he was dodging have been "Is there a confirmation of a new album in the next 6 months?"

1 hour ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

You’re right. I honestly don’t know what they ever did to receive so much criticism.

The band has only released 4 original albums, double ep, a cover album, a live album, 3 live DVDs (Tokyo, Vegas), and a boxset only in 30 years. Look at ACDCs first 30 years after there debut release, 13 studio albums, a EP, soundtrack album, 2 live albums, 3 box sets, & 2 live DVDS. GNR has had chances to release stuff even more chances in recent years, but they choose not too, that's why we criticize them, lack of info from the band and most importantly lack of material. 

1 minute ago, lame ass security said:

Man, that would've been easy money for you.😄

Yeah I bet on this (and won) before on here. But I’m out of work right now, and knowing my luck at the moment, this’d be the one time in GNR history that something like this was actually true!!