(THREAD UPDATE: HE LIED) GNR Manager Fernando Confirms New Album Within 6 Months!!

1 hour ago, zombux said:

youtube and leaks are just a good excuse for this band to not do anything at all, blaming everyone else, just not their laziness and inability to get anything done.

Seriously, why would a leak delay a release?? If anything, it would hurry up a release.

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I don't think the situation is comparable to the early 2000s at all. Axl is a different guy, and Slash being back with him and not in a competing band changes everything

Re-uniting with Slash won't change Axl's unwillingness to record vocals.

If anything, Axl should have been more motivated when they were in competing bands.

If it isn't  his reddit and he knows people are being misled then you have to wonder about his management  style. No problem being left in the dark by a band who want to stay secretive.  However when somebody is impersonating you online, and moderators for the largest gathering of gnr fans ask you directly whether the account is real, and he avoids the question, as Russ said you have to assume it's real.

I'd like for it to be true though :)

1 minute ago, oneway23 said:

If anything, Axl should have been more motivated when they were in competing bands.

Axl had recorded vocals in the early 2000 though - not on all 30+ songs/song ideas that existed by then, but at least on an album's worth songs.

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Axl had recorded vocals in the early 2000 though - not on all 30+ songs/song ideas that existed by then, but at least on an album's worth songs.

That's my point.  Most everything we've heard from CD had vocals recorded at one time and never changed.  I only know of one further session in January 2007.  Uncle Axl hasn't exactly been what I'd call prolific.  The band was.  Him? Not so much.

Edited by oneway23

Just now, fumardude said:

Remember those cd leaks? It only took like 7/8 years after for them to release something lol

And? Who's to say that that had anything to do with the leaks? Who's to say that they were ready to release anything by the time or shortly before those leaks happened?

12 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

But that is the problem. He's not just a hired guy. He's family. He will get away with what others don't. If anything, he will get a slap on the wrist and that will be it.

I hear you but he's not blood family as far as we know. Even if he were which I highly doubt since he bears zero resemblance to Axl whatsoever even blood family can and does get fired at a certain point and after enough fuck-ups. Just depends on how pissed Axl is or becomes. I'm guessing at some point Axl will have had his 'real people' give him the dossier for all of this and then he'll review the data and make a decision then about this particular situation? Just my theory 😳 Like I said I'd fire the guy if it's really him and he did that on reddit of all places ffs 

15 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

As far as Slash goes if they don't release a new album and keep touring to promote that I wouldn't get my hopes up as far as him sticking around for much longer because he likes to stay busy and tbh already looks a little bit bored himself with this really old setlist to me

27 minutes ago, Crowebar said:

I hear you but he's not blood family as far as we know. Even if he were which I highly doubt since he bears zero resemblance to Axl whatsoever even blood family can and does get fired at a certain point and after enough fuck-ups. Just depends on how pissed Axl is or becomes. I'm guessing at some point Axl will have had his 'real people' give him the dossier for all of this and then he'll review the data and make a decision then about this particular situation? Just my theory 😳 Like I said I'd fire the guy if it's really him and he did that on reddit of all places ffs 

Sad part is that Team Brazil & Fernando will be probably the heirs of Axl's properties including intellectual ones (unreleased material, shares from back catalogues, authorization to release new stuff)

The hatred by fans toward this family is equal to Beatles fans toward Yoko Ono and Nirvana fans toward Courtney Love.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crowebar said:

As far as Slash goes if they don't release a new album and keep touring to promote that I wouldn't get my hopes up as far as him sticking around for much longer because he likes to stay busy and tbh already looks a little bit bored himself with this really old setlist to me

Definitely not getting any hopes up, but, will instead be pleasantly surprised.  They could come out with a killer album or implode tomorrow, just like the old band.  It was always teetering right on the edge.

10 minutes ago, Crowebar said:

I doubt Axl sees it that way. And who are these real people of his you're speaking of? As far as I can tell from the outside, TB are his real people.  I don't know who else would be there.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Crowebar said:

He has got his solo project to be busy with and be artistically challenged. GNR pays the bils and provides to keep up his lifestyle, regardless of what business SMKC does. And I don't think he will voluntarily give up the ability to play stadiums in any city of the world.

2 minutes ago, Shacky Shack said:

We will hear a lot of Fortus on the new album : 

I dunno, Fortus has never really excited me with his lead playing. He's definitely got technical chops for days, but there's something very beige about his playing to my ears.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Sad part is that Team Brazil & Fernando will be probably the heirs of Axl's properties including intellectual ones (unreleased material, shares from back catalogues, authorization to release new stuff)

The hatred by fans toward this family is equal to Beatles fans toward Yoko Ono.

I agree. And I think it's ridiculous to a point. You can disagree with their business decisions (at least the ones they are really responsible for... after all they still have to work with and do what Axl wants) and their perceived ineptitude at handling some things, but their importance to Axl's general well being shouldn't be understated. Like I said before, I don't think Axl would still do it, if they wouldn't be in his life.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Care to share?

Context: @rocknroll41 asked me to share a story about a personal encounter I had with Fernando.

It was brief but rubbed me the wrong way. It was outside of the Brooklyn Bowl when they played in ’13. 

I missed the ticket on sale, but live close by and was just going to go to try and get a ticket either outside or on a drop. Two of my friends were inside already.

I also wanted to try and meet Axl, shake his hand and say, “You’re awesome,” or something. He’s one of my favorites and I’ll likely never get this opportunity again. 

It’s not hard to figure out where the talent entrance is, but I see a guy who works for the venue, looking official. I ask him is there any way you can tell me where Axl is coming in from? I let him know I'll be cool and I’m trying to look as chill as possible. I ask it quietly, I have no merch to sign, just want to see Axl come in.   

The guy leans in like he has info. and says they’re actually letting him out over there. And points to a spot across the street by another building. I’m with the maybe the most harmless looking fan from South America too. 

So we wait over there, thinking this is odd, but sticking with it because we had word from an official source this is where it was happening. 

Well, of course Axl’s car pulls up in the original spot where we were and we race across the street to try and see him, but the door shuts and we miss it.

I look at the dude and I say, “I thought you said he was being dropped off there?” He shrugs and starts walking away. 

I then ask him, “Do you know if there are any extra tickets at the box office?”

He says, “Uh, yeah, there’s some! I’ll be right back!” 

Of course, he never comes back. 

I find out from someone outside that this was Fernando and after researching it a little, it’s confirmed.

Now of course he doesn’t want fans bombarding Axl as he goes in or ticket scalpers trying to up sell on the street. But I was very obviously not that. And he could have just said, “Sorry, can’t help you,” instead of giving phoney information and treating me like an annoyance. I’m there to support the new GN’R project, something that has been critically lauded and made fun of. Don’t be hostile towards people like me, try and make more of us.

Pair that with story-after-story of TB getting hostile with legitimate fans and it rubs me the wrong way. It just seems like they don’t know how to differentiate between fans who love the band and hostile scalpers. You have to watch out for the latter, but don’t alienate the former.

So it’s not what, but how. Again, I in no way felt I deserved meeting him or a ticket, but also, don’t be a dick about it.

Luckily I eventually got in because I bought a ticket off of a guy who was being thrown out - only missed four songs.

Edited by BangoSkank
context

7 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Do people ever think where exactly Fernando gets this attitude, personality & way of operating from???

HINT HINT ... AXL ROSE 

No. If you never have to work in order to achieve anything and everything is given to you and all of a sudden you’re managing the biggest band in the world, chances are you become an asshole, but of course you need to have the asshole dna in you.

• Like 1

Just now, Flake said:

No. If you never have to work in order to achieve anything and everything is given to you and all of a sudden you’re managing the biggest band in the world, chances are you become an asshole, but of course you need to have the asshole dna in you.

Just saying ..... He obviously takes after the father figure in his life ..... There's no denying Axl's influence on him .... It's right in your face