(THREAD UPDATE: HE LIED) GNR Manager Fernando Confirms New Album Within 6 Months!!

4 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

So he lied to us on purpose. What's the big deal? They will make it up for us. "Sailing" will be back on the setlist!

Complaints, complaits....

Again, we don't really know yet. Simple math says this would have to be at the end of March. Anyway, I don't think it's too relevant overall. 

37 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

It wouldn't exactly be the first time a GN'R manager has indicated a release date that didn't come to fruition...

Actually... I don't remember Mercuriadis, Azoff, or even Del James ever giving any particular release date or anything else other than stuff like "hopefully soon" etc., if at all. Axl is the only one who's ever done that, afaik. 

Edited by jamillos

14 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Actually... I don't remember Mercuriadis, Azoff, or even Del James ever giving any particular release date or anything else other than stuff like "hopefully soon" etc., if at all. Axl is the only one who's ever done that, afaik. 

UYI was delayed numerous times, with band members, management, label and publicists indicating a release date/year that would turn out to be incorrect in the end. Then in 1994-1998 this happened again. People around the band started to catch up on this by then, and, like, Bryn Bridenthal would star adding "hopefully" to any suggestions on release dates, or "I've been saying this for the past three years now". Also Goldstein would become very wary about actually indicating a release date, and instead shift to say "it is not coming out until 1999," which, granted, is less committing than saying it will come out in 1999.

26 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

UYI was delayed numerous times, with band members, management, label and publicists indicating a release date/year that would turn out to be incorrect in the end. Then in 1994-1998 this happened again. People around the band started to catch up on this by then, and, like, Bryn Bridenthal would star adding "hopefully" to any suggestions on release dates, or "I've been saying this for the past three years now". Also Goldstein would become very wary about actually indicating a release date, and instead shift to say "it is not coming out until 1999," which, granted, is less committing than saying it will come out in 1999.

Oh, you mean the old history. Still, wasn't it nice to see an album (a double record even) released within the first year of its tour? Wow. Imagine that. :D

15 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Oh, you mean the old history. Still, wasn't it nice to see an album (a double record even) released within the first year of its tour? Wow. Imagine that. :D

It was amazing. In the years before the release I remember picking up every rock magazine I could find here in Norway, hoping there would be news about the next album, and being so excited when I firs heard some of the song titles and the plans of two records released at the same time. I remember taking one of these mags with me to school, showing it to my friends, probably talking nonstop about the band and the coming records. That was when I peaked as a fan. Just an amazing time, and how slowly time went and how frustrated I was when the release date was delayed again and again. It meant so much to me. 

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Was there any officual release date with illusions?. Because it felt like they hit the record stores unannounced?. I dont remember seeing any official release date in oz music magazines?. I remember in early 91, july release date was unnofficially announced.

Edited by Sydney Fan

2 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Was there any officual release date with illusions?. Because it felt like they hit the record stores unannounced?. I dont remember seeing any official release date in oz music magazines?. I remember in early 91, july release date was unnofficially announced.

There would be various "expected release dates", like "mid-July" and "July 23" (Slash's birthday), and so on, but all flew past as Axl spent longer time on finishing the vocals. Geffen eventually released a statement saying the records would be out on September 4, but of course that turned out to be wrong, too, with the record coming out midnight 16. September. I don't know how this actual release date was announced -- nor can I remember .. but I suppose people must have heard about if at least some days before it happened because people lined up for the night sale. 

45 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

It was amazing. In the years before the release I remember picking up every rock magazine I could find here in Norway, hoping there would be news about the next album, and being so excited when I firs heard some of the song titles and the plans of two records released at the same time. I remember taking one of these mags with me to school, showing it to my friends, probably talking nonstop about the band and the coming records. That was when I peaked as a fan. Just an amazing time, and how slowly time went and how frustrated I was when the release date was delayed again and again. It meant so much to me. 

It was an incredible time mate, just amazing. Sadly it’s all in the past but they were great days to be a fan!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Cant be bothered scrolling through the whole thread...... Was this statement true? 

The answer is twofold: Yes, Fernando definitely said it. But no, it's pretty obviously not true.

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I asked someone on the internet multiple times if he is Fernando; he didn't answer therefore it must be him. If that's what's happening here the logic is flawed.

Despite this band being a pack of cunts I'm still looking forward to new material I can separate from them and enjoy - but I'm not holding my breath due to rumour.

Uhm. No, it is not. He was given 3 times the chance to say that it isn't him. He was specifically contacted to clear that up. All things considered, there is no reason for him to not say that it wasn't him if it indeed isn't him, but plenty of reasons to decline to confirm that it is him.

Just now, BangoSkank said:

I was just looking through that reddit thread the other day, thinking that the six months is almost up.

I bet he actually meant it, but, of course, plans changed as they always seem to do in GNR world.

Merck got fired and his comments labeled "an insane thing to do to the fans" by Axl, himself, for making a similar statement in 2006 in regard to an imminent album release.  I wonder if Fernando will have to take ownership of his comments the same way if no album materializes within the next few weeks. 

• GNFNR 1

27 minutes ago, cineater said:

Merck was a good guy.  People cheered when Azoff came on board and GNR sued his ass.  Team Brazil has made a lot of progress with this band.

Irving Azoff, while who may work for some artists, is really only interested in leveraging his other business properties, partners and maximizing wealth across the board. That includes whatever necessary underhanded practices and if necessary, any practices at an artist’s expense 

Not the best hire if you were truly trying to release a record from a band with non-classic members. Irving came aboard to not only cash in on a reunion but to try and leverage one for everyone else’s best interests. Extremely counterproductive for what GNR was trying to accomplish 

Edited by guitarpatch

52 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Not the best hire if you were truly trying to release a record from a band with non-classic members. Irving came aboard to not only cash in on a reunion but to try and leverage one for everyone else’s best interests. Extremely counterproductive for what GNR was trying to accomplish. 

I don't think anything could be more counterproductive for the band than Axl himself. Irving's involvement with GNR begins in March 2008 and ends in June 2009 which is very short and in no way can be considered a factor for album release delays or retarded production approach of Axl. 

I don't deny that he had his own business interests by forcing Axl into a reunion but he had also forced Axl to release CD. Something no one else was able to do otherwise we might not even get CD as of this minute that I'm writing this.

In my opinion Irving could probably tell by his mountain of experience within the entertainment field that Axl's new musical direction was just a myth and he is a failed artist that after all those years was left with barely 13 average tracks worth of release. That is why he saw a potential to revitalize the band by reunion.

--

PS: and by the way even Irving's reunion idea (call it cash-grab or whatever) was way ahead of his time. Couldn't it be better to run this cash-grab reunion tour back in 2008 than now?

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 1