sofine11

(THREAD UPDATE: HE LIED) GNR Manager Fernando Confirms New Album Within 6 Months!!

25 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

You realise this makes you seem VERY childish right? 

"I am a Day 1 fan" 

"I probably know more about this band than anyone on this board - I lived it" 

No you didn't. Like many/most people on this board, you're a fan. 

You’re right I am a fan - way before the internet - had to to read -Rolling Stone -  Metal Edge - Hit Parader - Rip magazines time get info 

Didn’t know being a day 1 fan made me childish 

to each their own -  Proud to be a childish fan 

ty for the compliment 

I don’t have any inside info just a Wealth if knowledge I have stored in my blank mind since 1987 - Yes I am that damn old 

Edited by TMAC20
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

You’re right I am a fan - way before the internet - had to to read -Rolling Stone -  Metal Edge - Hit Parader - Rip magazines time get info 

ty for the compliment 

I don’t have any inside info just a Wealth if knowledge I have stored in my blank mind since 1987 - Yes I am that damn old 

Slash's name has huge brand value. So, if it includes Slash's work, Looney Tunes must've mentioned his name, right? At least once? It's that simple. No need to create division among us fans. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

ty for the compliment 

I think you might find that reading magazines and being interested in the band before the internet REALLY isn't that unique among the fanbase here. 

Claiming to know more about the band than anyone on the forum because you were there on "day 1" (whatever that means)  and that you 'lived it' is the childish part. 

Good to know your "wealth if (of) knowledge" gives you the information that Slash paid on a cartoon track literally no-one (including the makers) have said he did.  

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 4

55 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

ty for the compliment 

Born in 1987 is now considered “that damn old?.” 

Shit, I must be ancient then. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Born in 1987 is now considered “that damn old?.” 

Shit, I must be ancient then. 

I think he his a fan since 87, not born in 87. Whatever. 

• Like 2

I’ve been a fan since 87 

im a hell of a lot older than that 

I don’t wanna rub anyone the wrong way 

imo it’s Slash in the solo by the tone - I have no way of knowing except by listening to the track 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

I’ve been a fan since 87 

imo it’s Slash in the solo by the tone - I have no way of knowing except by listening to the track 

Fair enough. 

To be honest, I see where you're coming from, but if it WAS him we'd absolutely know about it. It would be a big deal that they'd definitely make the most of. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

Listen 2 the tone of the guitar 

I thought it was a for gone conclusion that Slash played this number - but like I always say I am a “ Day 1 fan “ of GNR 

I probably know more about this band than anyone on this board - I lived it 

I don’t know anything about Axls solo record “ CD” 

The band plays the looney tunes number on the PA right before they hit the stage 

might be a coincidental 🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸

“I probably know more about this band than anyone on this board”

”I don’t know anything about Chinese Democracy”

”Slash recorded Rock The Rock even though that’s never once been stated by anyone anywhere”

• Like 3

I mean the song is very much in the mode of AC/DC and the solo follows suit. But I can see how someone might say the solo has a somewhat Slash-ey tone. It sounds like if Slash covered an AC/DC solo, the same way that Atlas' solo sounds like Brian May covering a Slash solo, to my ears.

Its not Slash, as we know. And I dont get why Slash wouldnt have appeared in the cartoon if he played on the track?

But Slash is back, he's Axls guitar player. So I can see how someone might just figure its Slash. Whatever. :shrugs:

• Like 1

Not to be an asshole, but I read back through the "argument" and it's just laughable. 

Saying that it's "Slashs tone" means absolutely nothing. I can go to Guitar Center today, pick a Les Paul off the rack, plug into a Marshall and dial in "Slashs tone" in a matter of minutes. 

@ZoSoRosecould probably do it even faster than me. 

• Like 2

If Slash was there, the public definitely would have been informed. 

Also, yay! Every now and then, the good old "I'm a bigger fan than you" debate is bound to re-emerge, being based on the "years of service", because it's totally comparable and makes sense! :rolleyes:

Please let me count all the ways I don't give a fuck about Rock The Rock.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You do realise that there is your ''new material'' for you if it is Slash? Axl and Slash on a new song: that fulfills most people's criteria. Duff is probably on it also.

Stop moaning about ''new material''. The band have already delivered. 

• Haha 1

I think we need to let go of the prospect of a new album and shift our gears towards looking forward to stuff like a UYI box set (unlikely but possible), the UYI tour doc (even more unlikely but still possible), and a ChiDem box set (the most unlikely, but still more possible than a new album, I guess).

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Please let me count all the ways I don't give a fuck about Rock The Rock.

We would be here all day 

• Like 2

If Fernando or the other people in that circle didn't act like this, then people wouldn't be on forums having a go at them. That he thinks it's funny to go reddit and get gnr fans excited about new music when it's not even remotely confirmed for a 6 month timeline says all you need to know about the guy.

There definitely is a connection between people who grow up close to money, and douchery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

41 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I think we need to let go of the prospect of a new album and shift our gears towards looking forward to stuff like a UYI box set (unlikely but possible), the UYI tour doc (even more unlikely but possible), and a ChiDem box set (the most unlikely, but still more possible than a new album, I guess).

I can't see the doc or the CD boxset happening. The UYI boxset is possible, but I don't think it's going to happen; the band seem to look at those records as after thoughts and that people don't know the music. Partially true, not because the music isn't good! it's because the songs were basically unrepresented by GnR since 1999 until about 2011.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

I’ve been a fan since 87 

No, there are some Slash(y) licks used, but this is 100% not Slash on guitar. Slash has a wider vibrato, and his tone is almost always a lot creamier than this... and there's the stylistic things like modern Slash seems to end all his solos with a faster lick. 100% might be a bit much, but I'm betting with 99.8% certainty.

As someone else pointed out, there is no way that it isn't capitalised on that Slash and Axl recorded together for the first time since 1993... on a looney toons song. 

For the record, I like the song. It's dumb as it gets but it's fun! like Tenacious D and Axl sounds great on it! 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I can't see the doc or the CD boxset happening. The UYI boxset is possible, but I don't think it's going to happen; the band seem to look at those records as after thoughts and that people don't know the music. Partially true, not because the music isn't good! it's because the songs were basically unrepresented by GnR since 1999 until about 2011.

Slash mentioned the doc in a recent interview, so you never know. Plus, the band started resurrecting more UYI rarities as recently as last year, so that could mean something. I agree with you that the ChiDem box set is a stretch, but it would be a great way for the band to get all of those leftovers out there, instead of having Slash paste new guitar parts on top of twenty-year-old songs that he didn’t even write. The only problem is the record label may still feel a “sting” from the whole ChiDem era, and may just wanna forget about it. Who knows, tho. Maybe Axl signed off on the AFD box set under the condition that the label would then in turn agree to a ChiDem box set in the future... Or maybe I’m just grasping onto straws, at this point.

Edited by rocknroll41

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Slash mentioned the doc in a recent interview, so you never know. Plus, the band started resurrecting more UYI rarities as recently as last year, so that could mean something. I agree with you that the ChiDem box set is a stretch, but it would be a great way for the band to get all of those leftovers out there, instead of having Slash paste new guitar parts on top of twenty-year-old songs that he didn’t even write. The only problem is the record label may still feel a “sting” from the whole ChiDem era, and may just wanna forget about it. Who knows, tho. Maybe Axl signed off on the AFD box set under the condition that the label would then in turn agree to a ChiDem box set in the future... Or maybe I’m just grasping onto straws, at this point.

It's all up for grabs at the moment. I find it hard to believe that Axl spent all those years working on those songs and kept them buried, had a album that he considered finished in 2014... didn't release it! and is now working on those songs again, having Slash and Fortus bastardize the tracks he considered ready for release. If he's willing to do that, then anything is possible! 

As for the doc, Slash did talk about it, but I have heard him talk about it for years! I don't put any stock in what gets said anymore. It would be so amazing if they put it out combined with up to date interviews with all the people involved in the making of the record. 

I don't think Axl was bargaining that hard with the label over the boxset, he wanted it to be right etc. but I can't see him saying CD boxset or no AFD boxset... even he would be able to see the crazy in that statement.

7 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

The band plays the looney tunes number on the PA right before they hit the stage 

might be a coincidental 🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸

illuminati confirmed

• Haha 1