(THREAD UPDATE: HE LIED) GNR Manager Fernando Confirms New Album Within 6 Months!!

Just now, WhazUp said:

I mean, it isn't like they had time to get what you describe together - 2016 to now is a long time and years and years before that Axl already wrote many songs that remain unreleased they could have used and easily recorded well.  Ultimately Axl is just, for whatever reason, allergic to releasing stuff and I don't see his behavior changing from what was the CD era

Again if they believe the album is not ready to live up to the hype and are worried that the product will kill any future albums they have every right to make sure it's perfect. 

A hyped thing that was rushed just to please the minority on the internet or whatever percentage will lead to them more problems in the future.

Look at what happened with the Sequel Trilogy for Star Wars. For years people bitched at GL but once they were fed a rushed spoonfeed and no storyline trilogy that had horrible decisions angered them even more

1 minute ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

We truly don't know if that was Fernando. Again that could have been a troll, The most hyped album of all time being rushed and getting negative reception will kill any momentum and future recording projects.

If you want an example of that look at the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy

When people slagged his gross concentration on pumping out lame merch, he acted like they insulted his mother.  It was Fernando. 

2 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I don't know if I would call expecting an album almost a half a decade after a reunion to be "rushing" them, though.  And GNR already has a huge precedient for killing their own momentum by not releasing much the past 30 years

Your right that their track record hasn't been good. But I guarantee that the label and whatever forces in the industry that are behind them now Slash and Duff. It's not like when it was just Axl.   The main reason the label didn't like Axl's vison for CD was literally that he did not have Slash and Duff with him. But now I can hope that they are recpetive to a CD sequel now Slash and Duff will be on it.

1 minute ago, sofine11 said:

When people slagged his gross concentration on pumping out lame merch, he acted like they insulted his mother.  It was Fernando. 

Do you know what impersonating is?

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

Do you know what impersonating is?

I do. I'm also not a complete moron to believe that's what was happening on Reddit. He's quite active there you know. Check it out.

Edited by sofine11

2 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Again if they believe the album is not ready to live up to the hype and are worried that the product will kill any future albums they have every right to make sure it's perfect. 

I honestly think that it is more, the band more into coasting and making money touring than it is them making sure a new is "perfect" - considering 2016 to 2020 is 4 years already since the reunion with nothing new

If they need a half a decade to produce a good sounding rock album or even a mere single, I have greater concerns for the band than simply them touring nonstop with nothing huge changing in between

1 minute ago, janrichmond said:

If it was a troll why didn't he just say 'it's not me' and all this bollocks would be over and done with.

Reasons why? 1) It was him

2) It was him trolling

3) He doesn't give a shit and enjoys our reactions = trolling

Precisely.  And frankly none of those answers make him a good manager and/or swell human being when it comes to interacting with the fans.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

3 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

If it was a troll why didn't he just say 'it's not me' and all this bollocks would be over and done with.

Reasons why? 1) It was him

2) It was him trolling

3) He doesn't give a shit and enjoys our reactions = trolling

100% this. Anyone still giving Fernando and GN'R the benefit of the doubt hasn't dealt with either of them for long enough. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

The best way GNR can do this is look at what Disney did with the Star Wars sequel trilogy and do the complete opposite of that 

But since 1993, GNR has never been known for "best ways", mostly wasted years unfortunately lol.  

There are other extremes that are just as bad as if they did a GNR "Star Wars sequel trilogy" and I strongly believe we are currently experiencing some of those extremes.  Considering we have a lead singer not into releasing music for 20 years overall, and having a band more into coasting than doing much else

Edited by WhazUp

Just now, RussTCB said:

100% this. Anyone still giving Fernando and GN'R the benefit of the doubt hasn't dealt with either of them for long enough. 

I suppose that’s the thing folk should understand. You and the other mods have first hand experience of dealing with TB so are actually in a position to give this response/view.

• GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

That pits of it is that now they're in a situation where they'll literally NEVER say that the album simply isn't coming, because it would hurt ticket sales.  It's how they operate.  They have promoters and millions upon millions at stake.  So we'll get coy little hints about how this tour will somehow be "different" and they'll go down with that ship.  Eventually someone will get another Slash soundbite about how they want to release music, but there's all these phantom factors...

• GNFNR 1

That pits of it is that now they're in a situation where they'll literally NEVER say that the album simply isn't coming, because it would hurt ticket sales.  It's how they operate.  They have promoters and millions upon millions at stake.  So we'll get coy little hints about how this tour will somehow be "different" and they'll go down with that ship.  Eventually someone will get another Slash soundbite about how they want to release music, but there's all these phantom factors...

So what if there is an album next month? Because it seems that you literally believe they have nothing when we know there is something but don't know what it is

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

So what if there is an album next month? Because it seems that you literally believe they have nothing when we know there is something but don't know what it is

Axl's had multiple albums worth of "finished" music for 20 years.  That's never gotten us an inch closer to a release. It doesn't matter what I believe he has or doesn't have, because it makes no difference.

• Like 1

Axl's had multiple albums worth of "finished" music for 20 years.  That's never gotten us an inch closer to a release. It doesn't matter what I believe he has or doesn't have, because it makes no difference.

You didn't answer my question. What if there is an album next month and we actually get a release of something. 

If we got a new album next month that would fucking rock.  I would absolutely love to be wrong - however I have to say that if I was a betting man, I would put lots of money on "no new album this year" and even "no major changes on this 2020 tour" based on what GNR has done - and not done - from 1993 onwards

Edited by WhazUp

15 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

You didn't answer my question. What if there is an album next month and we actually get a release of something. 

You talk like we want this to fail and have no album. That is not true. I think pretty much all of us that doubt a release will be more than happy to be proven wrong. 

Axl/TB  are like the boy who cried wolf. We have given up believing him.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

You talk like we want this to fail and have no album. That is not true. I think pretty much all of us that doubt a release will be more than happy to be proven wrong. 

Axl/TB  are like the boy who cried wolf. We have given up believing him.

Any other fan base would be popping corks If a manager went on record with that same claim. With GNR and TB it’s met with eye rolls and venom. Both of which have been well earned. Not clearing the air only adds insult to injury.

• GNFNR 1

56 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

I am not actually bothered when a band decides not to share updates with fans. That is a band decision, and really we don't need to know what's going on until the record is done and they want to release it. I have a big problem with the band and their management actively making fun of their fanbase that are still interested in the release of new music... the same fanbase that they will be spamming endlessly to go out and buy their new album (IF they release one), get radio DJs to play their single (IF they release one) and buy overpriced VIP packages for live dates, or buy overpriced AFD vaults. That is not cool. So, whether or not an album does come out next month is beside the point now.

Things don't need to be so negative, but the jackass knowingly prods at the fans, and he knows that we pour over every word and detail... so it's just one more example of them not appreciating people who love this band, as far as he's concerned the years in the wilderness are over now so the fans that stayed the course who were once vital, are now expendable because the less 'in the know' fan is still happy to come out to shows, buy a tshirt and comment on FB and twitter about how great everything is... educated fans are simply too hard to handle, so they brush us off as crazies and obsessives that can't be pleased. The less in the know fan does not rush out first thing to buy your new album, in fact they might not even be aware there's a new album at all... so question is, who do you need to take care of? personally, I don't think it's one or the other but seemingly they do!

I will happily listen to whatever they decide to release when and If it comes out, we all will! but my perception and enjoyment of the band has changed dramatically in recent years... especially in the last year.  I danced when Ashba quit, I think I'll pop a little bit of the Bubbly if TB ever step down or are removed as management. 

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 2