(THREAD UPDATE: HE LIED) GNR Manager Fernando Confirms New Album Within 6 Months!!

10 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

Some of you put yourselfs in this position. 

Own it and move on. 

I cannot be the only one who noticed this poster doing nothing but basically finding a way to defend TB and GNR in every thread and "lecturing" us fans lol.  Like, I just have never seen you actually discuss the music of GNR before.  

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

Common sense tells the real me, not to get involved as it's a waste of my time and energy as the real me knows it was not me at all. 

Well, then the real you should get it's common sense readjusted or better, get a new one, as it is not working.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Here is what I think happened: Fernando thought the band would release music in the first half of 2020 and jumped the gun on it by implying as much on Reddit. Perhaps he wanted to share some good news for once? Be the messenger of good news? But he quickly realised that it was a bit premature of him. Things change quickly in the world of Guns N' Roses. Maybe it is still in the cards (jarmo seems to think so), but Fernando doesn't want to admit having said it if it turns to shit. So he won't own up to it. If it does happen he can point to it and say, "told you so!", if it doesn't happen he will never admit it was him. 

That he should have deliberately sought out fans on Reddit to lie to them about his client's plans, more specifically to announce a new record release, I find highly implausible. And I have some experience with him from before, too. He might come across as inexperienced in his capacity as a band manager and haughty in his dealings with fans, but I doubt he is that sadistic and deliberately unprofessional. There is a difference between being incompetent and willfully violating the one job you have for sadistic pleasures. In general, I find that incompetence is more common than wickedness. 

That’s interesting that you have had dealings with him. Anything you are able to share - we know the mods experiences haven’t been good?

8 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They could do a surprise drop but they'd have to do a lot at once - drop the album, a single (with at least a lyric video), have physicals ready to pre-order, maybe some special edition or colour-variant vinyl, and do a real interview. Basically 10 years worth of activities in GNR-time, in one moment. :lol:

They're not really in a place where they can just drop an album, tweet about it once, and watch the cash come pouring in. They're not as popular as they think they are, but the draw of the reunion album is still there. It's really the last ace they have up their sleeve. It will be big news, but they'll still have to do some promo. I agree with your last paragraph though.

How big do you think David bowie was when he released Black star? If he went out on tour and announced a stadium run around the world (even with the appeal of coming back out of retirement), would he have been successful? it's very questionable... I think he was still a solid sell out at about 15000-20000 per night with the occasional bigger gig, and festival. Even with that, he released his album without any leaks, and he personally didn't give any interviews at all for his record. There was a small splattering of promo, but overall word of mouth was the name of the game and the album did well. 

The glaring difference here is that Bowie is and was cool! GNR remain uncool, even now when they can sell out mega shows all around the world. Next thing is, a David Bowie album isn't met with skepticism "What shit is he going to do now... better not be more of that space shite" GNR are still in PR recovery from CD. 

It will sell on first week, and it will have a divided reaction; that's all I can predict.

My position of "who the hell knows:shrugs:" really hasn't changed one bit since 2011.

7 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Imagine having an issue with what people believe. 

The fact is we have no idea what has happened other then the fact there is evidence they have been recording. Having a tantrum about it is not gonna be helpful to anyone .

We know there has been recording and Slash was at Axl’s house for what we don’t know single album who knows.

Has been rehearsed by the band and was on the alt setlist last cycle.

We are getting something but the main points are

1. How Much

2. How it’s distributed

3. When 

Axl has literally had at least one, if not two or three, album(s) worth of material recorded for a two decades. Unreleased songs like Going Down were on the alt setlist 9 years ago and never got played. All of this means nothing. None of it means anything if it isn't released, and there is zero indication of anything actually being released, other than Fernando's bullshit comment on Reddit and Slash's non-committal comments.

It's fine to be optimistic that something MIGHT get released. MIGHT. But there's no more concrete evidence that we are getting anything than there has been since CD was released. Every point you've raised is exactly as relevant now as when DJ Ashba was saying these exact same things 10 years ago.

Was thinking on this a bit. I really feel like we're only left with a surprise release scenario for this thing.  I just can't see a scenario where Universal or Live Nation knows an album is coming, but is "saving" the promotion for a time closer to the show dates.  That makes zero sense.  If you have a selling point, you use it to drum up hype for both. Period. There's no secret ace up their sleeve to sell more tickets in, say, June. 

So now the question is how likely is a surprise release for GNR?

43 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Was thinking on this a bit. I really feel like we're only left with a surprise release scenario for this thing.  I just can't see a scenario where Universal or Live Nation knows an album is coming, but is "saving" the promotion for a time closer to the show dates.  That makes zero sense.  If you have a selling point, you use it to drum up hype for both. Period. There's no secret ace up their sleeve to sell more tickets in, say, June. 

So now the question is how likely is a surprise release for GNR?

A surprise release is the only way something will happen before the tour, IMO. 

I sincerely doubt it'll happen, but it's the only way at this point. 

• Like 2

I don’t want them to put out an album at this point. 

Just do a UYI anniversary and do it really well, give us another pro shot official release... and end it.

There’s no writing spark, there’s no creative tension, there’s no shared hunger or drive... what legacy band has released something that stands up to their classic material? Sabbath, Van Halen, Metallica, Aerosmith, Motley... it’s all “extra.” You spin it for a week and it’s done and dusted; back to the real stuff. That’s the best case scenario... the worst drags your classic material down a couple notches by association. There’s every indication what made GNR great stayed in the 90’s.

“Oh but Fernando said this!” “Maybe they can find time between...” 

Haha.... fuck it

Edited by Ant

18 minutes ago, Ant said:

I don’t want them to put out an album at this point. 

Just do a UYI anniversary and do it really well, give us another pro shot official release... and end it.

There’s no writing spark, there’s no creative tension, there’s no shared hunger or drive... what legacy band has released something that stands up to their classic material? Sabbath, Van Halen, Metallica, Aerosmith, Motley... it’s all “extra.” You spin it for a week and it’s done and dusted; back to the real stuff. That’s the best case scenario... the worst drags your classic material down a couple notches by association. There’s every indication what made GNR great stayed in the 90’s.

“Oh but Fernando said this!” “Maybe they can find time between...” 

Haha.... fuck it

I feel the same way, nothing indicates there is any kind of creative spark between any of them. It would be extremely surprising at least. The whole thing feels totally hollow and lame at this point. 

A surprise release as the only option now? I kinda agree but I just can't see that - Guns surprising us with something real, something great that involves new, original music? I just can't see that in 2020 or beyond.

35 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Part of the purpose of a surprise release these days is to avoid leaks and streaming to maximize potential profits out the gates.  I could see that being an attractive scenario for Axl.  Though, we know he puts a lot of stock into album art and physical releases, which may complicate things.  

Then of course there's the probably more likely third option, where they have a mishmash of old Chi Dem era tracks and new Slash riffs that they have no idea how to package and release, which sees that this stays in limbo...maybe forever.

39 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I think we’re on to an album release supporting possible Fall arena dates at this point. Not that I think it’s happening, but that the most realistic next opportunity 

17 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They could do a surprise drop but they'd have to do a lot at once - drop the album, a single (with at least a lyric video), have physicals ready to pre-order, maybe some special edition or colour-variant vinyl, and do a real interview. Basically 10 years worth of activities in GNR-time, in one moment. :lol:

They're not really in a place where they can just drop an album, tweet about it once, and watch the cash come pouring in. They're not as popular as they think they are, but the draw of the reunion album is still there. It's really the last ace they have up their sleeve. It will be big news, but they'll still have to do some promo. I agree with your last paragraph though.

Yeah and it could be done. It's little harder with a bigger band like this and so many moving parts that are involved to make it happen.

Last year on 4/20, Third Man Records dropped a new sleep album and it was in stores that day. No on even knew they were signed to the label at the time. But when you are talking about a huge company like Universal Music, all the band members and their separate entourages, etc...it's not that easy to keep a secret.

10 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

Yeah and it could be done. It's little harder with a bigger band like this and so many moving parts that are involved to make it happen.

Last year on 4/20, Third Man Records dropped a new sleep album and it was in stores that day. No on even knew they were signed to the label at the time. But when you are talking about a huge company like Universal Music, all the band members and their separate entourages, etc...it's not that easy to keep a secret.

I would think in this situation, UMG wants to maximize sales of physical copies (since a part of the fanbase is older) on top of streaming. Makes more sense to gather pre sales to capitalize on that sector before letting the album out. Maybe you get a surprise release single to help flame that. I just don’t see an entire album dropped as a surprise. Not with the amount of $/larger advance that’s possibly at stake for UMG. 

You could see something pop up in the late spring, I just think a Spring album release scenario has passed at this point. 

20 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I heard from a verified source Guns will drop a surprise album on February 30th. No other day will work for them.

Knowing this regime, this more than likely is the plan, and when they find out that day does not exist they will be completely blindsided placing the album even deeper into limbo.

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Knowing this regime, this more than likely is the plan, and when they find out that day does not exist they will be completely blindsided placing the album even deeper into limbo.

And they’ll blame us for it!

”Complaints! Complaints! Complaints!”

Edited by rocknroll41
  • GNFNR 2

Slash already gave up

Axl is impossible, and after 25+ years and only 1 album he just don't care anymore about releasing new music for the fans.

Duff goes whichever way the wind blows

And the rest of them have about as much say in new music as we do.

Guns N Roses will never release another album of new music