(THREAD UPDATE: HE LIED) GNR Manager Fernando Confirms New Album Within 6 Months!!

51 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I’m pretty sure releasing a new album would please everyone.

There will still be the complainers dont you worry.

People upset they didnt use CD leftovers. People upset it doesnt sound like appetite. People upset theres no rasp. People upset over the drumming/bass/vocals/guitar tone it goes on lol.

Sometimes theres no pleasing some of the fans.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Creed said:

Since Hetfield is in rehab now...the other rumor is that Slash got into drinking again. So lets hope this will not effect the album release.

Where are you getting your stupid rumours from? Seems to me like you listened to Creed way too much

Edited by Flake
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Reopening this thread that @sofine11made yesterday.

We were in contact with Fernando directly today. He was asked 3 times throughout the conversation if the reddit account was his, but he chose not to answer that question during the course of the conversation. 

So... due his dodging of a direct question (THREE times!) we'll just assume the account is his. 

Is it just me, or does anybody else think it's actually fucking insulted that something like massive leaks need to happen before GnR actually does something? And don't give me the GnR's behind the leaks thing. Not buying that. 

Edited by username
  • GNFNR 1

At least I'm hoping it'll be an actual new album. Not another overproduced record with so many layers that half of it gets buried in the mix that's filled with 20 year old songs that have replacement parts from people who had no hand in writing them. 

25 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Lol a new album will surely be met with:

-  It sucks without Izzy on rhythm guitar

-  It sucks without Adler on drums

-  Why is Axl singing that song like that

-  Too many Axl songs

-  Too many Slash songs

-  Yeah but where are the big guns?

-  This sucks

Because if there is something we GNR fans do best, is find the worst part about a great thing

Axl is reading you and will send you a free autographed guns n roses bat for you

• Haha 1

Always a bit skeptical on time lines although if correct this is really good news. I'm just more interested in seeing if its a set a new tracks or reworked Chinese era material. 

I also really hope the 6 month timeline is accurate because if they plan on touring Europe / US again next year it should really be on the back of a new album and not just a continuation of the NITLT affair. Sales must surely start to drop off at some stage without any new material. A March release would make sense. 

WhazUp is right - Axl and Guns can't win with some fans..... they could release 14 new tracks in exactly 6 months time and people would find something wrong with it! 

Why, in the first place, would Fernando contact mygnr or vice versa if TB doesn't like this so called "haters/troll forum" and the forum (most of the users) doesn't like TB.

If you dont like some1, Just ignore him, right? I dont think its plausible.

Weird. Those Reddit posts sure sound like Fernando. 6 months? this is Axl, an official release date is required to make it feel real at least to me. Even then Axl can still delay. I'm confident they will try to complete an album but if true, it doesn't seem like the best idea in the world to say 6 months on Reddit given past events.

Fernando also doesn't have good enough of a relationship with Gn'R fans online and he still avoids the real questions, valid questions so it's best if Axl just posted something here, elsewhere, or via his Twitter account imo (again if it was actually Fernando but it's his writing style, signature smugness, choice of words)

Edited by Rovim

1 hour ago, vloors said:

There will still be the complainers dont you worry.

People upset they didnt use CD leftovers. People upset it doesnt sound like appetite. People upset theres no rasp. People upset over the drumming/bass/vocals/guitar tone it goes on lol.

Sometimes theres no pleasing some of the fans.

I think it's far more likely that people will be upset because they WILL use CD-leftovers. I mean they already have Hard School on the setlist.  Everything's pointing to the direction that CD-leftovers will be used. No I won't be upset if they don't use any leftovers. I'm just saying that it's the most likely scenario that they will use them. And some people will be upset about it.

I agree though, you can't please the whole fanbase cause people want different things. The best effort you can do is to try to include at least a couple of songs for the afd fans a couple of songs for cd fans etc. Of course even that won't please everyone.

Edited by Lies They Tell

21 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I'm sure there will be a lot of complaining if it includes any or a few of the recent leak, reworked by the current band. Like, "We have heard this, we want something we haven't heard."

in all fairness, "teh biggestest band in da world bak togetha" might actually deliver something genuine and not tracks made over 20 years ago by people who have nothing to do with the band anymore.

25 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I'm sure there will be a lot of complaining if it includes any or a few of the recent leak, reworked by the current band. Like, "We have heard this, we want something we haven't heard."

I'd be happy if Atlas is really on there because I feel like people should hear that song. 

5 minutes ago, zombux said:

in all fairness, "teh biggestest band in da world bak togetha" might actually deliver something genuine and not tracks made over 20 years ago by people who have nothing to do with the band anymore.

Yes, of course.

But from the China Exchange interview it seems that Axl wants to put out at least some of this material with Slash and Duff, probably thinking that it will have a better chance with the public than CD had.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

But as much as I love the 2000 era stuff and that band, the whole thing should be re-recorded. To have a mix match of different players from different eras on one song could make it sound disjointed. Vocals too

2 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Lol a new album will surely be met with:

-  It sucks without Izzy on rhythm guitar

-  It sucks without Adler on drums

-  Why is Axl singing that song like that

-  Too many Axl songs

-  Too many Slash songs

-  Yeah but where are the big guns?

-  This sucks

Because if there is something we GNR fans do best, is find the worst part about a great thing

you may add -

- because Frank is on it

- because Rich is there

- because it is sucks