(THREAD UPDATE: HE LIED) GNR Manager Fernando Confirms New Album Within 6 Months!!

Okay.. is this a rumor or it's confirmed?

There is no official information on the GUNS N ROSES homepage! DONT make me crazy !!!

1 hour ago, shotsfired cro said:

you may add -

- because Frank is on it

- because Rich is there

- because it is sucks

No that's not fair. In my opinion Richard Fortus is absoluty a great guitarist in Guns N' Roses. I can't wait to hear Rich's studio work with Guns N' Roses. I waiting for years.

Edited by t-p-d-a

1-hardschool

2-Quick song

3-zodiac

4-pheraps

5-oh my god

6- d tune

7-state of grace

8-atlas

9-oklahoma

10-devius bastard

11-me & my Elvis

12-the general

13- prom violence

14-as it began

Whit a great production,This album, is better than uyi and chinese

Edited by Izzy squire
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, of course.

But from the China Exchange interview it seems that Axl wants to put out at least some of this material with Slash and Duff, probably thinking that it will have a better chance with the public than CD had.

Well I hope he does just that then because it'd be a freaking shame if the stuff I've heard is just thrown in the trash can. I could care less if they're 20 year old songs either. Most of them are really good and ready to go and the general public deserves to hear them professionally mixed/mastered/released. With Duff and Slash simply recording their parts on them and those songs being released as almost the original gnr it'll be hitsville as far as I'm concerned and sell very well. I'll be buying it if they do. I honestly don't see the point of re-releasing Chi Dem or Better because that truly would be beating a dead horse. If it were up to me and I was Axl/GnR I'd seriously be wanting to at least attempt to try completely obliterating anything/everything that they've done in the past. So to me anyway that'd be releasing 3 cd's but kind of like the way they did it with UYi so u could at least buy one of them if you don't have the scratch and the rest later on or if you did have the scratch buy all three at the same time

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Izzy squire said:

1-hardschool

2-Quick song

3-zodiac

4-pheraps

5-oh my god

6- d tune

7-state of grace

8-atlas

9-oklahoma

10-devius bastard

11-me & my Elvis

12-the general

13- prom violence

14-as it began

Why on earth would OMG be on there? A tune Slash and Duff hated in 1996/7. That’s crazy! 

1 hour ago, nycgunner said:

Isn’t this subject heading a tad bit misleading? Maybe it could be “Fernando doesn’t confirm or deny that a reddit account with his name claims a new album within 6 months”

Doesn’t sound like he expressly confirmed an album release

The dude was asked three times during the same conversation and chose to ignore the question while continuing to carry on the conversation. 

Seems to me like it's his account. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Crowebar said:

Well I hope he does just that then because it'd be a freaking shame if the stuff I've heard is just thrown in the trash can. I could care less if they're 20 year old songs either. Most of them are really good and ready to go and the general public deserves to hear them professionally mixed/mastered/released. With Duff and Slash simply recording their parts on them and those songs being released as almost the original gnr it'll be hitsville as far as I'm concerned and sell very well. I'll be buying it if they do. I honestly don't see the point of re-releasing Chi Dem or Better because that truly would be beating a dead horse. If it were up to me and I was Axl/GnR I'd seriously be wanting to at least attempt to try completely obliterating anything/everything that they've done in the past. So to me anyway that'd be releasing 3 cd's but kind of like the way they did it with UYi so u could at least buy one of them if you don't have the scratch and the rest later on or if you did have the scratch buy all three at the same time

What I got from reading between the lines of the China Exchange interview is that Axl played the material he has for Slash and Duff, and that he intended to let them pick the songs they liked the most and felt they could work with. I guess this is how it went down, and I can see Hard School being one of the songs Slash would pick (regardless of whether he was originally involved in it or not).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Izzy squire said:

1-hardschool

2-Quick song

3-zodiac

4-pheraps

5-oh my god

6- d tune

7-state of grace

8-atlas

9-oklahoma

10-devius bastard

11-me & my Elvis

12-the general

13- prom violence

14-as it began

Ugh. 

An entire album of CD era outtakes would be too much. The album should be 8-9 new Axl/Slash/Duff/Fortus songs and the best 4-5 CD era outtakes reworked.

• Like 1

This is reminiscent of Van Halen going back to their '77 demos for their last album, except, of course, that Van Halen was actually responsible for writing those songs, so, I never understood the outcry of "cop-out!" from some corners.  Slash & Duff are going to end up ironically playing on songs that they didn't write.  That's just too delicious!

In this case, though, Slash & Duff laying tracks over existing material is probably the best we could hope for, at this point.  The commonality between GN'R & Van Halen is that neither band is realistically capable of simply getting in a room & bashing out a set of tunes anymore.  The relationships are far too fragile to endure the friction that comes with a band creating.

• Like 1

You people are all crazy.

When a band is working on a new album, usually they demo a few new songs, release a single, whatever.

GnR is doing absolutely nothing on that front.

When NuGnR emerged, at least they were playing Madagascar, The Blues, etc live.

It's all bullshit media hype.

If we don't get new songs played by the band this year, then there won't be an album next year.

:shrugs:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

You people are all crazy.

When a band is working on a new album, usually they demo a few new songs, release a single, whatever.

GnR is doing absolutely nothing on that front.

When NuGnR emerged, at least they were playing Madagascar, The Blues, etc live.

It's all bullshit media hype.

If we don't get new songs played by the band this year, then there won't be an album next year.

:shrugs:

But there is no law that they have to play an unfinished songs now. Especially if they want to make it a surprise. So them not playing a new song, really means nothing.

Just now, PatrickS77 said:

But there is no law that they have to play an unfinished songs now. Especially if they want to make it a surprise. So them not playing a new song, really means nothing.

Especially in this day & age.  I know a few bands do, but, no band really wants to play a new song live anymore because of youtube.

2 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Just occurred to me if this happens, I wonder if there would be any music videos.

I very much doubt we'll see anything with the band actually starring in it. At most probably one of those "lyric videos" which seem to have become popular the last few years.

13 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

Especially in this day & age.  I know a few bands do, but, no band really wants to play a new song live anymore because of youtube.

I would also couple it with the fact that 90 percent of the audience doesn’t want to hear it 

However yes. If they play something new that video would be making press rounds and god forbid it’s not the best performance. Could deflate any momentum they had in mind for a release even if it were good. Timing is everything these days

That being said, “Victory or Death”? 

Edited by guitarpatch

38 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

What I got from reading between the lines of the China Exchange interview is that Axl played the material he has for Slash and Duff, and that he intended to let them pick the songs they liked the most and felt they could work with. I guess this is how it went down, and I can see Hard School being one of the songs Slash would pick (regardless of whether he was originally involved in it or not).

I could see that with HS. How Duff/Slash wouldn't like/pick Perhaps and a bunch of others would be beyond my comprehension at this point after hearing some of those gems 😳 Would make zero sense...

3 minutes ago, Bansidhe said:

I very much doubt we'll see anything with the band actually starring in it. At most probably one of those "lyric videos" which seem to have become popular the last few years.

Or just make it out of archive footage, all the documentary footage they have from over the years.

1 minute ago, Underhardy said:

I could see that cheeky Fernando saying to himself, “If I just dodge the question, it seemingly confirms this new album, and gets the fans hyped enough to stay intrigued.” 

Axl should fire the guy if it's really him. I sure as hell would. Like wtf?? Dude announces a new gnr anything on reddit ffs? 😂 One would like to believe and think it'd be Axl/GnR doing that on their official web page no? "This whole thing is fucked up..." 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

I would also couple it with the fact that 90 percent of the audience doesn’t want to hear it 

However yes. If they play something new that video would be making press rounds and god forbid it’s not the best performance. Could deflate any momentum they had in mind for a release. 

That being said, “Victory or Death”? 

All good points.  Even a new song by 3/5th of the Appetite line-up would be a bathroom break for most of the audience.  Happens to every band.  There are the fans like us who would be going berserk and claiming the song will light the world on fire, and then there's reality and everyone else in it.

Just now, Crowebar said:

Axl should fire the guy if it's really him. I sure as hell would. Like wtf?? Dude announces a new gnr anything on reddit ffs? 😂 One would like to believe and think it'd be Axl/GnR doing that on their official web page no? "This whole thing is fucked up..." 

this happens when you let some random incompetent, but arrogant and sometimes even flat out hostile bunch of people "manage" a multimillion music act. I know no other "management" which managed to perfectly disconnect and alienate the band from its fanbase.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Crowebar said:

Luckily this alleged proclamation hasn’t picked up any major steam online. I’d say the damage hasn’t been done yet to affect a timeline (if there even is one at this point)

Timing is paramount in today’s music scene. Attention spans are minimal and you really need a short burst strategy to get traction.

I’m actually interested in seeing how they roll this out when it’s time

Edited by guitarpatch