(THREAD UPDATE: HE LIED) GNR Manager Fernando Confirms New Album Within 6 Months!!

1 minute ago, guitarpatch said:

Luckily this alleged proclamation hasn’t picked up any major steam online. I’d say the damage hasn’t been done yet to affect a timeline (if there even is one at this point)

Timing is paramount in today’s music scene. Attention spans are minimal and you really need a short burst strategy to get traction.

I’m actually interested in seeing how they roll this out when it’s time

Those retarded outlets like blabbermouth and alternativenation read this forum. A thread with this name will have them read it and post about it, it's just a matter of time and then it will spread like a wildfire and it might end up affecting the release date haha

2 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

YouTube isn’t a problem for this band...unfortunately 

youtube and leaks are just a good excuse for this band to not do anything at all, blaming everyone else, just not their laziness and inability to get anything done.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Manfisman said:

Can we get a little more context on the conversation with Fernando? Was it a call or via text? Maybe there's a chance that he didn't read/heard the question?

It was a text conversation and again, he was asked directly three different times. He read the question all three times, then continued on with the conversation without answering it. 

16 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Reopening this thread that @sofine11made yesterday.

We were in contact with Fernando directly today. He was asked 3 times throughout the conversation if the reddit account was his, but he chose not to answer that question during the course of the conversation. 

So... due his dodging of a direct question (THREE times!) we'll just assume the account is his. 

14 minutes ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

why not locked?

See my post above. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Those retarded outlets like blabbermouth and alternativenation read this forum. A thread with this name will have them read it and post about it, it's just a matter of time and then it will spread like a wildfire and it might end up affecting the release date haha

It’s still 6 months out. I wouldn’t say it affects anything to push it. It’s more of the pressure it puts on everyone to deliver something. Although everyone forgets after 4 days anyways   

However for example. If they wanted to keep things silent and hit with a major announcement and capitalize with preorder options simultaneously, this could deflate things as the cat is officially out of the bag 

Who knows. I’m interested to see how they roll things out. I hope it goes well

I think something is happening. I think Slash was at axls recording when the amp company leaked it on their Facebook.

Stuff is happening, because now for the first time since 1993 we have a band that does not have revolving band members. This is the band and NITL is running dry so something needs to happen or silence. They have pretty much said they will be a band and tour for years to come.. an album is inevitable.

3 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

I think something is happening. I think Slash was at axls recording when the amp company leaked it on their Facebook.

Stuff is happening, because now for the first time since 1993 we have a band that does not have revolving band members. This is the band and NITL is running dry so something needs to happen or silence. They have pretty much said they will be a band and tour for years to come.. an album is inevitable.

No guarantees in this life.  They've earned the rep of "believe it when I see it."

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

It was a text conversation and again, he was asked directly three different times. He read the question all three times, then continued on with the conversation without answering it. 

See my post above. 

I'm wondering if I made thier most hated fan list.. ( don't say there's no list.. I know first hand there's a list of forum members for over a decade that are monitored by team Brazil and the guns camp) 

I just want new music like everyone else here.. I think it's bullshit that (if it is him which I believe it is) he will attack fans for the perceptions when we don't get any formally addressed updates. It took "Fernando" almost 2 days to respond to that question compared to a quick backhanded response to fans about merchandise and being uninformed fans. 

Edited by murph

8 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

The new album that’s done and ready to release: I am inevitable

Axl: And I... am... Axl Rose

8 minutes ago, murph said:

I'm wondering is I made thier most hated fan list.. ( don't say there's no list.. I know first hand there's a list of forum members for over a decade that are monitored by team Brazil and the guns camp) 

I just want new music like everyone else here.. I think it's bullshit that (if it is him which I believe it is) he will attack fans for the perceptions when we don't get any formally addressed updates. It took "Fernando" almost 2 days to respond to that question compared to a quick backhanded response to fans about merchandise and being uninformed fans. 

They can add me to that list.  He doesn't personally know the fans any more than we personally know him, and yet, he's never done anything but judge and condescend, so now I'm going to judge him.  He's never come off as anything more than a spoiled, entitled twit.  Glad to know that it sounds like he hasn't changed since I've been away.

Edited by oneway23
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, murph said:

I'm wondering is I made thier most hated fan list.. ( don't say there's no list.. I know first hand there's a list of forum members for over a decade that are monitored by team Brazil and the guns camp) 

Yeah I tend to agree with that. Doesn't seem like a very nice way to treat any fans to me. Tbh I can't seem to recall ANY other band or their mgmt. being as abusive to a beyond super loyal fanbase like that ever in my whole life. It makes zero sense whatsoever to me. But what would I know right? 😳

Seems odd that he can put a time frame on the release but revealing a working title is something he'd have to wait for the band to announce.

Also there should not be one song from the CD era carried over to a new release. Axl should release a solo effort with all the stuff he has finished if he wants it out there. Everything on this new release should be, well, new.

If that account really is Fernando, as touched on previously by other posts, it highlights just how absurd the management of this band is. @guitarpatchhit the nail on the head. Timing and striking at the right moment is critical in the music arena nowadays. Flop and top are finite margins. If it is actually him, he is an even bigger clown than I initially thought. 

Edited by baggio86

It also should be noted that for how big of a news story this would be.. It seems that reddit thread is deliberately getting down voted to fall deeper in the sub.. 

Everything around it has 30-40 up votes and that thread itself has a total of 2

3 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

Seems odd that he can put a time frame on the release but revealing a working title is something he'd have to wait for the band to announce.

Also there should not be one song from the CD era carried over to a new release. Axl should release a solo effort with all the stuff he has finished if he wants it out there. Everything on this new release should be, well, new.

Don't disagree, but, good luck waiting for that.  You're setting yourself up for heartache.

3 minutes ago, lightBLASTER said:

Why so much bitching? This is good news.

Because he won't even confirm it's his account on Reddit. It comes off as unprofessional, kinda rude, and more of the same shit of keeping hardcore fans in the dark. We don't even know if the good news is real.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Underhardy said:

I could see that cheeky Fernando saying to himself, “If I just dodge the question, it seemingly confirms this new album, and gets the fans hyped enough to stay intrigued.” 

That thought has crossed my mind. Whenever they post anything on FB or wherever, people ask new music. They all know that. It's not only 'annoying diehards' that want new music. If anything, casuals might expect it more than us, because maybe they don't know how this band works. So they try to awkwardly confirm that it is planned to be released in 6 months, but by not confirming anything officially, if there is no new album (because we all know everything always goes wrong with GNR, by no means by their own volition or fault, but because the world/life/label/leakers...), they can say they've never set any date or made any promises or official announcements. So it will be on us again, for believing some anonymous reddit poster who might technically be anyone trolling.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

Basically that the new album is coming in 6 months. 

*within

23 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

Hope is a great thing.  The worlds needs more hopeful people in it, but, you weren't around in the early 2000s, were you?

I don't think the situation is comparable to the early 2000s at all. Axl is a different guy, and Slash being back with him and not in a competing band changes everything

2 hours ago, Crowebar said:

Axl should fire the guy if it's really him. I sure as hell would. Like wtf?? Dude announces a new gnr anything on reddit ffs? 😂 One would like to believe and think it'd be Axl/GnR doing that on their official web page no? "This whole thing is fucked up..." 

But that is the problem. He's not just a hired guy. He's family. He will get away with what others don't. If anything, he will get a slap on the wrist and that will be it.