Rough Mixes CD #4 Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

5 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

Me & My Elvis sounds a lot like a Blink 182 song to the point where I could hear Tom singing in my head

for me its a mix of "Me and my monkey" lyrics by Robie Williams and "Never let me down again" feel by Depeche mode.

me and my monkey lyrics fits the CITR/Perhaps/Atlas/ trilogy... might as well be tetralogy. 

Me and monkey

With a dream and a gun
Hoping my monkey
Don't point that gun at anyone
Me and monkey
Like Butch and the Sundance Kid
Trying to understand
Why he did what he did
Why he did what he did

Edited by username05

There are good ideas in the instrumentals, but without Axl I have no idea if they could be good songs.

I think in general Axl prioritized working on ballads and left a lot of heavier songs unfinished.

About Nothing, I like what Axl sings, but music doesn't. He chose the worst instrumental to put some lyrics.

And Thyme, so many years waiting to hear it and it's only a couple of minutes of orchestra! It reminds me of Madagascar

Thyme is growing on me. It sounds like an n64 orchestra.

I really love Nothing. A finished version definitely would have been a hit in 2001, at least in the UK.

Is there anyone that can work their magic and lower the ambient loop in As It Begins? It gets kind of irritating when it doesn't even loop in time with the piano.

Edited by Azifwekare

1 minute ago, Azifwekare said:

Judging by the last poem, it seems like he's trying to use it to get the VMA rehearsal

Oh - well, can’t complain at all if that’s what he wants to do. I have no doubt it will appear at some point.

Whats the big deal with the VMA rehearsals anyway?