Rough Mixes CD #4 Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

49 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

...and?

That’s it. :lol: that’s the reason why people think the two songs are one and the same. I personally don’t know either way, tho. There could be tons more songs from the village sessions that aren’t even on the discs, with ides possibly being one of them.

Edited by rocknroll41

2 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

This is pointless what if-ism, but if only he would've gone solo and gotten all three albums out. Man, there is an awesome alternate dimension somewhere where all of that happened.

Seriously, these instrumentals are really interesting. And good. This band had so much potential! No wonder Axl allegedly got depressed after things didn't work out.

I still think that if that happened we would’ve never had NITL, so I still pick this timeline over that one!

I have been one of the worlds worst critics of CD  

After Listening toChinese Democracy And Better at Louder Than Life I can feel the love 

Sorry is a killer song and This I Love  with Axl and Slash trading off licks is Epic 

If Axl would have called it the “ Axl Rose Experience “ I would have dug it more but using the Gnr moniker kinda ruined it for me and I never gave it a chance 

Edited by TMAC20
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, TrixAreForKids said:

D-Tune is wicked cool. Was humming guide vocals (lol) and this song with an awesome solo is A+.

Circus Maximus is also really cool. Love the intro that kicks in with drums. 

hope to see them all done in the future.

There's a LOT of potential in those instrumentals, that's for sure. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Amir said:

Listened to D Tune for the first time with a good set of headphones, and it is really fuckin' cool, though obviously Soul Monster is still the highlight from this disc.

Haven’t had a chance to listen to any full discs with quality headphones yet, really excited to do so on my flight to Santiago tomorrow. 

• GNFNR 2

• 3 weeks later...

Two little things I just noticed:

1) Me & My Elvis reminds me structurwise extremely of Ten Years Gone with the building guitar melodies at the end of the song.

2) I don't think it matches perfectly but when I listen to the solo section of D-Tune at 3:10, I immediatley thought of his "funny" little solo section at RIR 2001 (at 1:34:10 in the clip), except that here the rhythm is much more organ-based.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Lipfel said:

Two little things I just noticed:

1) Me & My Elvis reminds me structurwise extremely of Ten Years Gone with the building guitar melodies at the end of the song.

2) I don't think it matches perfectly but when I listen to the solo section of D-Tune at 3:10, I immediatley thought of his "funny" little solo section at RIR 2001 (at 1:34:10 in the clip), except that here the rhythm is much more organ-based.

Totally agree on the second point.I thought tje same