Your All Time Top 5 GNR songs incl. CD and leaks

1. D Tune (sounds like a Buckethead Pike)

2. Witcha Lineman (Live version of course)

3. Chinese Democracy (1999 Demo Leak)

4. Eye On You 

5. Oklahoma (or Hardschool)

Yes I know there's two instrumentals, but worth making it to the list. I love Nu GNR.  Cheers from South America.

Edited by DarkLotus1111

7 hours ago, adamsapple said:

Topic says it all - narrow it down to five, recent leaks of demos/unreleased songs from "Chinese Democracy" are allowed too...trying to find out the ultimate fan favourites here and maybe the band takes note and plays them in concert. ;)

Mine: 

1. Estranged
  2. Breakdown
  3. Catcher In The Rye (Brian May Version)
  4. The Blues / Street Of Dreams (Live in Pittsburgh 2002)
  5. You Could Be Mine

So for me it's two from Chinese Democracy, in their rougher versions though, but still.

Oh soooo hard.

01. Welcome to the Jungle.

02. There Was A Time.

03. Locomotive.

04. It's So Easy.

05. State of Grace.

Almost made it: Nightrain, Sweet Child O' Mine, Estranged, Better, Don't Damn Me. 

1) Paradise City

2) Welcome to the Jungle

3) Estranged

4) It’s So Easy

5) Sweet Child O Mine

There are many songs which could be 5th place; Mr Brownstone, Sweet Child O Mine, Coma, Better. I went for SCOM because it’s a classic and the most well known but it’s a tough choice. I’d say the top 4 stand head and shoulders above the rest for me 

• Like 1

1. Estranged

2. Dead Horse

3. There Was a Time

4. It’s So Easy

5. Shackler’s Revenge 

Honorable mentions: Rocket Queen, Chinese Democracy, November Rain, Coma, This I Love, Hardschool, well the whole discography is fucking amazing, can’t continue... 

Sorry but I have to question how anyone can put any of those unfinished instrumental demos in their top 5 songs? 

I mean what have you been listening to all these years if you are apparently a guns n roses fan but don’t like the classic songs off appetite and Illusion as much as unreleased demos with no lyrics? Blimey.

Absolutely bizarre but each to their own I suppose.

Edited by dave94
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, dave94 said:

Sorry but I have to question how anyone can put any of those unfinished instrumental demos in their top 5 songs? 

I mean what have you been listening to all these years if you are apparently a guns n roses fan but don’t like the classic songs off appetite and Illusion as much as unreleased demos with no lyrics? Blimey.

Absolutely bizarre but each to their own I suppose.

I listen to Hard School everyday since it leaked. Like I really love this song. But I see that some people just can’t handle different opinions...

Edited by sl4yer
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

I listen to Hard School everyday since it leaked. Like I really love this song. But I see that some people just can’t handle different opinions...

Hard school isn’t an instrumental so doesn’t really relate to my post.

and for the record I think there is a big cognitive bias to these demo songs because they are new and previously unheard. I’ve had Atlas and Perhaps on repeat every day since I heard them but in 6 or 12 months will I prefer these songs over Appetite.. maybe or maybe not. It might be in a years time if still listening to Perhaps then I’d consider it one of my top 5 but at the moment I’d need to wait until the excitement wears off and the dust settles before any of these new songs can genuinely be placed as a top song.

Edited by dave94
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, dave94 said:

Hard school isn’t an instrumental so doesn’t really relate to my post.

and for the record cord I think there is a big cognitive bias to these demo songs because they are new and previously unheard. I’ve had Atlas and Perhaps on repeat every day since I heard them but in 6 or 12 months will I prefer these songs over Appetite.. maybe or maybe not. It might be in a years time if still listening to Perhaps then I’d consider it one of my top 5 but at the moment I’d need to wait until the excitement wears off and the dust settles before any of these new songs can genuinely be placed as a top song.

Try 30 years time like the songs from AFD, which still sound amazing today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dave94 said:

It's always that way. I guess it's the freshness of the songs that makes people go crazy. I remember when Chinese Democracy was released and Sorry and Scraped were by far the most popular songs on some polls because they hadn't been leaked long before. Scraped! The song that's now probably the most hated CD song was the second most liked song back then, because it was fresh.

Looks like the band could very well add Breakdown, Locomotive and There Was A Time to the setlist (or replace other songs with these) and get away with it. ;)

Breakdown should be a staple imo, the lyrics, the changes...one of the absolute best GNR songs ever.

Edited by adamsapple
  • Like 1