Your All Time Top 5 GNR songs incl. CD and leaks

1. Estranged

2. Rocket Queen

3. Yesterdays

4. Street of dreams

5. Pretty tied up

Haven't lived with the latest music long enough to put it in there. But If any song from the leaks was potentially going to make my list it would be State of Grace. Atlas and Perhaps are quite good but not on the level of State of Grace, for me at least.

Not to call people out :D but are you shitting me with the inclusion of Eye on you? That is an absolute pile of crap, there's no way you're listening to that more than occasionally after a few months. A favourite song is one you come back to time and again. We're talking ALL TIME, not favourites right now. Even favourite right now, is stretching me to my limits with Eye on you, I just think it's terrible. I'd sit through 10 repeated listens of Silkworms and twice as many of My World. By Far my least favourite song that I've heard Axl sing.

On 29/09/2019 at 4:41 PM, dave94 said:

I’ve never really understood why November Rain is viewed as some sort of classic to the wider public but Estranged is completely unknown

For me Estranged is the ultimate UYI song, perfect combination of Axl and Slash

The video. 

Most people who have invested a bit of time into the back catalogue, generally end up preferring Estranged. I love November rain too though. 

On 27/09/2019 at 12:24 PM, Creed said:

there are no hits on CD. I'm with Bob Ezrin. I would give CD another chance, if they would rerecord the whole thing with Izzy/Gilby and Matt/Adler + UYI production team/value. No fuckin Pitman or Melissa shit. Just the band, real orchestra, 2 background singers here and there.

There are ridiculous rumors that they rerecorded? Better and CD, which would be really weird, cause rerecording just a few songs is pointless.

1. Civil War

2. KOHD

3. Don't Cry

4. November Rain

5. WTTJ

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the performances on the songs. Also, you're talking about a completely different album if those guys wrote and recorded it.  

Also, we've talked about this before and Bob Ezrin should know this too. It's not always about hits, sometimes you make music for different reasons than just getting high record sales. Positive that Axl was hoping that he's sell as much as he could, but anyone who listened to the record could have told him that it was not going to be all over the radio as it was simply too downbeat, there's no obvious track that you can latch onto straight away. I.R.S and Chinese are the closest, Chinese could have been a top 30 hit actually.

Look Matt would have played on that record had Axl decided he wanted him, Matt was not going to quit and stay gone. He'd have gone back if he got asked, just like he'd go back in heartbeat if he got the call now. As for Gilby, he didn't write a tap with GNR so mentioning him outside of being a good utility player on tour is pointless. He looked cool, played the parts etc. but was he a great player? better than Ashba but not anyone worth pining over.

Anyway, give it a 2nd chance, don't that's up to you; but you'll never hear your pie in sky re-recorded version... at least we can hope.

Finally, there was real orchestra for certain songs on CD.

Edited by Tom2112

AAAAARGH, it's impossible...but here goes! TOP 5 GN'R SONGS..

Estranged (Best song of any band)

Nightrain (Best live song by far)

Breakdown (Love the intro, outro, solo)

One In A Million (Axl's vocals)

Dead Horse (Vocals, solo, drum fills, that NUTCRACKER!!) 

(Live songs that would light a rocket up the set lists ass: Locomotive, Breakdown, Dead Horse, Get In The Ring, Perfect Crime, Hardschool, Perhaps, Shotgun Blues, Don't Damn Me, Hair of The Dog, I.R.S., TWAT, Back Off Bitch) .. one can dream lol

I’d even take Anything Goes before anything on CD.

People always trash it... but especially in the context of AFD as a continuous album.... it’s a fun, let their hair down goofy romp before they blow it out again for RQ.

Got the talk box and the guiro scraping in there... like they just found a chest full of oddball musical shit... and they rock out!

Edited by Ant

1. Nightrain

No song ever gives as much energy as this song does over and over again. Live versions are intense, even today.

2. Estranged

When I'm in the mood, this song is absolutely orgasmic in it's vibe. When I'm just listening to it on an ordinary day, it's still an amazing song that just does it for me.

3. Don't Cry

The first GnR song I've learned to love and still is one of my all time favorites. It's also a very relatable song for anyone who has ever felt heartbroken, I guess.

4. Better

When the song kicks in after the first verse ("The hardest part...") just sets the tone immediately and it keeps rocking from there on.

5. Don't Damn Me

Love the guitar, love the lyrics. And absolutely love the drums. Masterpiece that can always get me go crazy.

TWAT, YCBM, Paradise City, WTTJ and Move to the City are the songs that complement my top ten. The order of songs varies on a regular basis but Nightrain is definitely my favorite at any time of the day.