Which leak would make the best single for a new album?

Best single?  

399 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, Sosso said:

First Single:

Hardschool (comeback)

Second Single:

Atlas Shrugged (ballad)

Third Single:

State of Grace (experimental)

That would be my plan for the promotion of a comeback album

I agree with the first two, but for the third single, i would use Perhaps. Everybody will be looking for another November Rain or Estranged, and Perhaps at least has the pianos and the stop/start thing going on.

I think they're going to do the exact opposite of what we all may be thinking and the 1st single/release will be a brand new hard hitting classic gnr tune with modern-ish flavours that none of us has heard that they recently wrote/worked on. Followed by all of the above suggestions. I could see them doing that and surprising everyone

I believe that the perfect order would be: 

1) Hard School - with the closest guitar/drums/bass instrumental as possible to Old GNR (UYI) in quality/recording style. That would create a sensation to everyone: "OLD GNR IS BACK" - PERFECT - Slash needs to create one of his timeless guitar solos for this

2) Perhaps - Radio Friendly too. Brings back memories from Estranged ... all of that ... GNR + PIANO. Has everything to be a perfect follow up.

3) Atlas -  It will be easier to present a less "Radio Friendly" material but that has a lot of potential.

4) SOG - moment to really show that Chinese Democracy was a great point of the band ... and made the sonority move forward.

Just these 4 songs could make a lot of "impact" if worked correctly ... they are an amazing material that the band has. If they want to be really relevant again, they have the tools to do it.

• Like 1

I don't hear a single out of any of the leaks myself. I think it's best to start over with the current line-up in place. With Slash and Duff back, it's true "Guns n Roses" that casuals/most people "remember." With that being said, none of the leaks fit into Slash or Duff's style at all. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, papashaun said:

I don't hear a single out of any of the leaks myself. I think it's best to start over with the current line-up in place. With Slash and Duff back, it's true "Guns n Roses" that casuals/most people "remember." With that being said, none of the leaks fit into Slash or Duff's style at all. 

We're actually not sure yet if Hardschool was actually a song that GnR was working on in 95-96 based on the Jackie Chan name they gave it and Duff saying they were  working on a song for an upcoming Jackie Chan move in 96. Would make sense why they brought this into the alt setlist as it may actually be a Slash/Duff song to begin with.

Edited by Basic_GnR_Fan
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

We're actually not sure yet if Hardschool was actually a song that GnR was working on in 95-96 based on the Jackie Chan name they gave it and Duff saying they were  working on a song for an upcoming Jackie Chan move in 96. Would make sense why they brought this into the alt setlist as it may actually be a Slash/Duff song to begin with.

I dont think it was a Slash&Duff composition. I mean that time Axl was trying to distance himself so far from that guys musically speaking

None of those songs

Lord, they were left off of Chinese Democracy, why would any of them be able to cross into the mainstream?

Hard School is the best of a poor bunch of rock songs Axl assembled. You could release that but I’m very sure you would have a situation where it’s quickly forgotten. 

It might get you guys excited but I think it’s more the idea of Axl rocking out...because the song isn’t exceptionally good. I would rate even some of the more disposable stuff on UYI as superior; Bad Apples and Garden of Eden, for example.

If Axl wants a truly successful first single, he should go back to the drawing board. These songs were written a time when the Real Slim Shady needed to please, stand up.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

What was the "hard drive" comment?

The last Chairman poem had a reference to a hard drive.

"Rumors abound, of hard drives galore. A fascinating story, of that we are sure. Trust us to know the spyglass is out. When "Land Ahoy" shouted, we'll bring 'er about."

State of Grace...

The build up to the first scream........goose bumps.....haven't felt those for a while.

Plus its' short and makes you wonder where that screams been, and it's different.

I agree with the comment that if Hard School was reworked with a little with more rasp, seems mashed up to me.

I like Atlas but...meh (My wife loves it, says it's like an ear worm, even said it reminded her of Cather!!)

Then Perhaps, perhaps.

• Thanks 1