Do you think the touring will continue in 2020?

NITL was supposed to be finished in 2018. Then they announced the current run of US shows which we were told would just be a short run. Then Slash more or less confirmed another run next March. Now there are some small rumors starting about Europe next summer.

A new album can’t be close. Whenever they’re not touring, Slash has been releasing new music and touring with SMKC as well as doing his horror film stuff. Duff as well. 

Slash himself more or less said that they hadn’t started on an album. I imagine when the current run ends that will pretty much wrap up 2019. 

Next year should be interesting. If more runs are announced, I’ll start to doubt that they’re actually working on an album. 

Will have to keep an eye on Slash in particular as he’s a workaholic. If he goes quiet and GNR are not on the road, that will be encouraging. 

Personally though, I think we’ll be getting more dates. What do you all think?

The difference is, There Was No Time for serious work on something new before this fall mini tour, as they all were touring solo. But now they will have had some time before March 2020, albeit not much, to have created something and maybe to introduce it then. And if this March thing doesn’t get stretched to more and more months to follow, the March dates could be but a partial public rehearsal for new material. Or not. In any case, one month wouldn’t stand in the way of anything as long as it’s just that single month (and maybe an occasional appearance on a festival later on). They can work on stuff throughout the year. 
I still don’t understand why they haven’t released a NITL DVD though. 

12 minutes ago, jamillos said:

The difference is, There Was No Time for serious work on something new before this fall mini tour, as they all were touring solo. But now they will have had some time before March 2020, albeit not much, to have created something and maybe to introduce it then. And if this March thing doesn’t get stretched to more and more months to follow, the March dates could be but a partial public rehearsal for new material. Or not. In any case, one month wouldn’t stand in the way of anything as long as it’s just that single month (and maybe an occasional appearance on a festival later on). They can work on stuff throughout the year. 
I still don’t understand why they haven’t released a NITL DVD though. 

We were saying exactly the same for this run of dates though.......

10 minutes ago, CCudder said:

Of course it will. They are now equally as big of a joke as KISS

Kiss released a new studio album in 2012 and a live album in 2016......

7 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I wouldn't go that far but they do make me chuckle sometimes. The toy trucks and the laundry bags.

Comparing guns to Kiss is a huge stretch 😂 Nobody will ever be able to top the absurdity of the Kiss brand and merch. Not sure why anyone would even want to attempt that and they're not even done milking Kiss yet either. Gene will be dead for 50 thousand years and somehow/someway his offspring will probably be still milking that brand ffs. He's the epitomy of greediest dude ever with Paul right there going along with all of it 😳

Just now, Crowebar said:

Comparing guns to Kiss is a huge stretch 😂 Nobody will ever be able to top the absurdity of the Kiss brand and merch. Not sure why anyone would even want to attempt that and they're not even done milking Kiss yet either. Gene will be dead for 50 thousand years and somehow/someway his offspring will probably be still milking that brand ffs. He's the epitomy of greediest dude ever with Paul right there going along with all of it 😳

Not really wishing to defend Kiss TOO much here.....but their concert tickets aren't too pricey (a fraction of the current price of GNRs) and they release music to go along with all the tat. Both things should really be commended! 

• Like 1

Yeah I think Lollapolooza in South-America in March is more or less given, and you see a lot of bands who play there in March make their way across Europe where festival season starts late May / Beginning of July. Wouldnt surprise me if they'd do another Euro festival run, they havent hit that much festivals in 2018.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

NITL was supposed to be finished in 2018. Then they announced the current run of US shows which we were told would just be a short run. Then Slash more or less confirmed another run next March. Now there are some small rumors starting about Europe next summer.

A new album can’t be close. Whenever they’re not touring, Slash has been releasing new music and touring with SMKC as well as doing his horror film stuff. Duff as well. 

Slash himself more or less said that they hadn’t started on an album. I imagine when the current run ends that will pretty much wrap up 2019. 

Next year should be interesting. If more runs are announced, I’ll start to doubt that they’re actually working on an album. 

Will have to keep an eye on Slash in particular as he’s a workaholic. If he goes quiet and GNR are not on the road, that will be encouraging. 

Personally though, I think we’ll be getting more dates. What do you all think?

There are rumors about another Europe leg ? Are there any "sources" or is this just soley based on assumptions that had been made ?

18 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

We were saying exactly the same for this run of dates though.......

Like I said, the difference is in the solo touring – we knew it would be happening in 2019, and they said nothing much for GN’R would be done during that time. But as of November, no solos should be happening, unless Slash starts something new with SMKC. So that’s the difference. 

2 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Like I said, the difference is in the solo touring – we knew it would be happening in 2019, and they said nothing much for GN’R would be done during that time. But as of November, no solos should be happening, unless Slash starts something new with SMKC. So that’s the difference. 

True. 

I'd go for 'extended Christmas break followed by news of Slash starting work on a new SMKC album in the new year' though personally. I hope I'm wrong. 

Just to add that at this point KISS is a far superior band over GNR. Great catalog, used to release new stuff constantly, vault stuff is always on the horizon...

They do a lot of merch? Yeah, but they also do a lot of music related stuff.

Not to say they still do a far superior show than GNR.

The KISS comparisons make no sense at all, GNR is away worse.

Edited by default_
  • Like 1

Just now, allwaystired said:

True. 

I'd go for 'extended Christmas break followed by news of Slash starting work on a new SMKC album in the new year' though personally. I hope I'm wrong. 

That can't be ruled out, unfortunately...