Do you think the touring will continue in 2020?

12 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

True. 

I'd go for 'extended Christmas break followed by news of Slash starting work on a new SMKC album in the new year' though personally. I hope I'm wrong. 

This is my big fear. An instagram in mid January of Slash in the studio with SMKC, followed by a major GNR announcement of more shows in Europe in 2020. 

And then the March shows start and are the exact same as every other NITL show. 

At that point, even the most optimistic fan would have to concede that Guns are officially a touring act. 

Edited by jacdaniel

10 minutes ago, default_ said:

Just to add that at this point KISS is a far superior band over GNR. Great catalog, used to release new stuff constantly, vault stuff is always on the horizon...

They do a lot of merch? Yeah, but they also do a lot of music related stuff.

Not to say they still do a far superior show than GNR.

The KISS comparisons make no sense at all, GNR is away worse.

Lol except for the blatant Paul lip syncing vids I and many others have caught 😂

11 minutes ago, default_ said:

Just to add that at this point KISS is a far superior band over GNR. Great catalog, used to release new stuff constantly, vault stuff is always on the horizon...

They do a lot of merch? Yeah, but they also do a lot of music related stuff.

Not to say they still do a far superior show than GNR.

The KISS comparisons make no sense at all, GNR is away worse.

I can't deny the truth there, but it does piss me off. Fucking KISS :lol::lol:

2 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

This is my big fear. An instagram in mid January of Slash in the studio with SMKC, followed by a major GNR announcement of more shows in Europe in 2020. 

And then the March shows start and are the exact same as every other NITL show. 

May that point, even the most optimistic fan would have to concede that Guns are officially a touring act. 

That's exactly how I see things panning out. I'm already at the stage where all I see is a touring act really, and I consider myself a fairly optimistic fan. 

We've been at the 'this will be just a few more shows, then I'm sure they'll get on to new material' point so many times now over the last couple of years. 

Edited by allwaystired

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

That's exactly how I see things panning out. I'm already at the stage where all I see is a touring act really, and I consider myself a fairly optimistic fan. 

I’m the same. I’ve really enjoyed the reunion and have been optimistic. But the touring is just getting a bit too much now, especially with no changes. 

A new SKMC album would probably be the final nail for me. 

6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

We've been at the 'this will be just a few more shows, then I'm sure they'll get on to new material' point so many times now over the last couple of years. 

Well, not really, if we want to be fair. Nobody promised work on the album during the 2016–2018 touring years; they said not until the tour is done. And then they said there would be solo activities for a few months. And only after that, this spring/summer, they said for the first time there would be just this short fall thing and after that the real work would start. 
It sort of reminds me of people stating the band breached the promised CD release date numerous times during early 2000s, even though the first time Axl ever really promised any date was in December 06, where he said the tentative date to be spring 2007. 
So this is the first time anyone (Slash) gave us something concrete regarding a period when the band is actually planning to sit down and start working on the record for real. And that hasn't been breached yet. Just to be fair. 

12 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Well, not really, if we want to be fair. Nobody promised work on the album during the 2016–2018 touring years; they said not until the tour is done. And then they said there would be solo activities for a few months. And only after that, this spring/summer, they said for the first time there would be just this short fall thing and after that the real work would start. 
It sort of reminds me of people stating the band breached the promised CD release date numerous times during early 2000s, even though the first time Axl ever really promised any date was in December 06, where he said the tentative date to be spring 2007. 
So this is the first time anyone (Slash) gave us something concrete regarding a period when the band is actually planning to sit down and start working on the record for real. And that hasn't been breached yet. Just to be fair. 

We had the vague 'ideas being worked on' (which seems to be the stock response from any band member when questioned) but you're right. I've always maintained that expectations have been unrealistic in terms of when we can hear new material (i.e. suggestions that they're going to suddenly debut something on tour, or drop a surprise new album- these things take time). The concern with me is that no time is being dedicated to that creation at all.....it's going to take (in my view) a significant amount of time off the road for the band to create something as a focused unit. With every batch of touring comes the notion that the 'time off' before that was simply a rest period. And with each batch of touring I feel we just move the goalposts further away. 

I understand that touring makes money. There are also a lot of people who stand to make money from a GNR tour that aren't in the band, who won't be making anything if the band spend six months writing and recording behind closed doors. My fear is that the pressure is on the band to tour in order to make more people more money, rather than disappear from the public eye and spend time doing something that will give them more of a shot at a long-term future. 

At the moment we're looking at short-term gain for as many people as possible at the expense of a long-term plan I can't help but feel. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Nah, Alter Bridge has a new release and Myles will be touring that for the most part of 2020, so I dont think we have to be afraid that SMKC will do stuff in (at least) the beginning of 2020.

1 minute ago, LovelessNL said:

Nah, Alter Bridge has a new release and Myles will be touring that for the most part of 2020, so I dont think we have to be afraid that SMKC will do stuff in (at least) the beginning of 2020.

I didn't know that - I don't really follow Alter Bridge. That's fairly positive news then. 

18 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Pretty much nailed the truth right there 👍🏻😊

2 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

Do you think the touring will continue in 2020?

Yes.

Do you think the touring will continue in 2021?

Yes.

Do you think the touring will continue in 2022?

Yes.

Do you think the touring will continue in 2023?

Yes.

Do you think the touring will continue in 2024?

Yes.

Do you think the touring will continue in 2025?

Yes.

Do you think the touring will continue in 2026?

Yes.

Do you think the touring will continue in 2027?

Axl might retire at 65 years old :shrugs:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For people that want to whinge about the band touring STFU. The band has done 2 american runs, 2 european runs, asia has 2 runs and we in Australia have only had one tour. So STFU and be grateful. I dont care if the band tour oz again as long as its with new music or still under the NITL with a tweaked setlist ( no bhs, or extended songs). I agree with allwaysstired. The band tour extensively because not only do the band make money, but so does their touring crew. So everyone makes mone yh and the band keep their crew constantly employed. Be grateful they are playing and for those going to these run of shows have a beer from me and enjoy the show.

• Like 1

As long as they can tour, they will. Which is what any band should do.. granted GN'R is an exception, because most bands put out enough material to be somewhat prolific. We have around 72 tracks from them. I don't need 200, but if we got another album or two that were good or great, I could die a happy fan

Question: would anyone care if they kept endlessly touring if Axl sounded like 2010 Axl?

Edited by UsedYourIllusion