2020_Intensions

Sebastian Bach Axl late story

Does anybody remember what documentary Baz's story about Axl showing up 3 hours late due to being in the shower was from? Where Skid Row had to keep playing? I can't find the video anywhere ...

4 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Does anybody remember what documentary Baz's story about Axl showing up 3 hours late due to being in the shower was from? Where Skid Row had to keep playing? I can't find the video anywhere ...

It was from that 2006 Eddie Trunk interview, wasn't it?

That interview was gold... The little story about David Lee Roth calling Axl and Baz 'pretenders to the throne' was funny, Baz responded 'dude, why you being such a dick!?' :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It was from that 2006 Eddie Trunk interview, wasn't it?

That interview was gold... The little story about David Lee Roth calling Axl and Baz 'pretenders to the throne' was funny, Baz responded 'dude, why you being such a dick!?' :lol:

I love that story and think about it often, along with the bit about Axl and Bach headbanging to W.A.S.P.'s "I Wanna Be Somebody" in a car.

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, Amir said:

I love that story and think about it often, along with the bit about Axl and Bach headbanging to W.A.S.P.'s "I Wanna Be Somebody" in a car.

WASP and back-alley caviar deals... I gotta listen to that interview again at some point :lol:

4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

The funniest part was actually Bach asking Gene Simmons if he can give him one of those KISS cellphone covers at Genes house and Gene said "go to KISS-Online.com and you can get it there

Yes :rofl-lol:

Damn I'm gonna have to dig out an old hard-drive and listen to that interview... since it's probably not on youtube anymore....

• Like 1

He talked about it also in a little mtv or vh1 special about GnR in 2005. It was like one of those I Love The 80s type things. It was the same segment where Tom Petty talked about the “Axl & Izzy vs. Vince Neil” situation and said Axl was “probably the most realistic musician I’ve ever played with.” Anthony Keidis was also there and talked about how he was jealous of GnR in the beginning.

13 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yes :rofl-lol:

Damn I'm gonna have to dig out an old hard-drive and listen to that interview... since it's probably not on youtube anymore....

You're in luck

• Like 3

2 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

You're in luck

Man I haven't listened to that in over ten years. I forgot how funny it was.

I really think bach got axl out of being a recluse and back in the public eye again around this time period.

8 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

WASP and back-alley caviar deals... I gotta listen to that interview again at some point :lol:

Splenda! :D 

I’m certain that Baz story about Axl being late because he was having a shower, was from a channel 4 documentary (top ten rock bands or something) - I can’t remember the name of it, but Bill Bailey (uk comedian) narrated it & Alice Cooper presented it, in its top ten form.

6 minutes ago, marinergtfc said:

I’m certain that Baz story about Axl being late because he was having a shower, was from a channel 4 documentary (top ten rock bands or something) - I can’t remember the name of it, but Bill Bailey (uk comedian) narrated it & Alice Cooper presented it, in its top ten form.

It was also in the Eddie Trunk interview, as was pointed out above. And when Bach told the story, Axl said he didn't remember it :lol:

I guess Bach has told this story a few times, because I think it's in his book as well.

12 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

You're in luck

11 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

So can anyone find a clip of Baz telling the story? 

See above.

I crack up all the time at the David Lee Roth story. 

Similarly love hearing Baz get grossed by "Christine Sixteen". 

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

See above.

Well that's a full 2 hour interview lol .. also I'm looking for a video I could have sworn I saw of him telling the story

2 hours ago, marinergtfc said:

I remember watching that.

The shower story from Baz is at 5.25 mark

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

That's it! Thank you!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

its so hard to understand that Channel4 has UYI proshots that still havent seen the day of light...

• Confused 1