Sebastian Bach Axl late story

4 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Does anybody remember what documentary Baz's story about Axl showing up 3 hours late due to being in the shower was from? Where Skid Row had to keep playing? I can't find the video anywhere ...

It was from that 2006 Eddie Trunk interview, wasn't it?

That interview was gold... The little story about David Lee Roth calling Axl and Baz 'pretenders to the throne' was funny, Baz responded 'dude, why you being such a dick!?' :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It was from that 2006 Eddie Trunk interview, wasn't it?

That interview was gold... The little story about David Lee Roth calling Axl and Baz 'pretenders to the throne' was funny, Baz responded 'dude, why you being such a dick!?' :lol:

I love that story and think about it often, along with the bit about Axl and Bach headbanging to W.A.S.P.'s "I Wanna Be Somebody" in a car.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

The funniest part was actually Bach asking Gene Simmons if he can give him one of those KISS cellphone covers at Genes house and Gene said "go to KISS-Online.com and you can get it there

Yes :rofl-lol:

Damn I'm gonna have to dig out an old hard-drive and listen to that interview... since it's probably not on youtube anymore....

• Like 1

He talked about it also in a little mtv or vh1 special about GnR in 2005. It was like one of those I Love The 80s type things. It was the same segment where Tom Petty talked about the “Axl & Izzy vs. Vince Neil” situation and said Axl was “probably the most realistic musician I’ve ever played with.” Anthony Keidis was also there and talked about how he was jealous of GnR in the beginning.

6 minutes ago, marinergtfc said:

I’m certain that Baz story about Axl being late because he was having a shower, was from a channel 4 documentary (top ten rock bands or something) - I can’t remember the name of it, but Bill Bailey (uk comedian) narrated it & Alice Cooper presented it, in its top ten form.

It was also in the Eddie Trunk interview, as was pointed out above. And when Bach told the story, Axl said he didn't remember it :lol:

I guess Bach has told this story a few times, because I think it's in his book as well.

2 hours ago, marinergtfc said:

I’m certain that Baz story about Axl being late because he was having a shower, was from a channel 4 documentary (top ten rock bands or something) - I can’t remember the name of it, but Bill Bailey (uk comedian) narrated it & Alice Cooper presented it, in its top ten form.

I remember watching that.

The shower story from Baz is at 5.25 mark

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Blackstar said:

There is a hilarious story about Axl and Bon Jovi in Bach's book.

Axl and Baz were at a bar in London in 2006. At one point Baz spotted Jon Bon Jovi sitting in there somewhere, and went to talk to him because they had had a fallout or something and he wanted to make up. Then he invited him to Axl's table and they had a conversation for a while about the music industry. Bon Jovi had a hit song at that time, and Baz congratulated him for it. Bon Jovi looked at Axl, but Axl said nothing. 

The next day, Baz told Axl that he thought it was very cool of him to congratulate Bon Jovi for his song, and Axl snapped saying, "I didn't fucking congratulate him for his fucking song! You did! I never said that!" - or something like that. 

Hilarious. Didn't Axl get into a fight with a guy in a bar because he said Axl was a "Jon Bon Jovi wanna be"?