Sebastian Bach Axl late story

16 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Hilarious. Didn't Axl get into a fight with a guy in a bar because he said Axl was a "Jon Bon Jovi wanna be"?

I very much remember the phrase "Bon Jovi can suck my dick" leaving Axl's mouth multiple times back in the day. Nice to see he stuck to his guns with that.

The shower concert was out on long Island Ny I arrived at about 10:30pm and i thought i missed the concert and lol people said it did not even start. He ranted all night long. The best was at the NY times critic (it helped my father believe my story)  My best night ever 1st time i heard November Rain

• GNFNR 3

13 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I remember watching that.

The shower story from Baz is at 5.25 mark

I always remembered that, I was actually going to post a clip of it till I seen this. It's a shame channel 4 haven't done another one since I was a kid.

2 other great parts in it:

The one where they tell the joke that Axl kicked everyone out off the band and tried to kick himself, but he wouldn't leave.

The bit where Kiss say they're finished, it's over.. yet a few moments later they're back on tour and playing a carpark.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

The bit where Kiss say they're finished, it's over.. yet a few moments later they're back on tour and playing a carpark.

I can’t look at Steven Tyler without thinking of the bit in this show when someone says he was in such a state he had green teeth and crap in his pants. 

I loved how they described GN’R as a raggedy arsed bunch and it’s so weird to re-watch it now because when it was aired we were still waiting for Axl to re-appear. 

• Like 3

On 04/10/2019 at 6:18 AM, SoulMonster said:

uten_n37.png

I miss that Axl description of the incident being on YT.

Sure I've got a download of it somewhere. For the benefit of those that haven't heard it what makes it all the better is that it's in the middle of a blues jam, and Axl fits the story around the music perfectly.

To this day, me and the wife use a couple of quotes from Axl's story as in jokes. "Typical *insert job* mentality" whenever we encounter anyone over officious and enjoying the small amount of power that their job gives them. And when our young daughter has a really bad tantrum and starts swinging punches at us resulting in us having to restrain her, afterwards we'll impersonate her behind her back using the line "I wasn't even fighting and it took five fucking assholes to hold me down."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, King_Johnny said:

miss that Axl description of the incident being on YT.

Sure I've got a download of it somewhere. For the benefit of those that haven't heard it what makes it all the better is that it's in the middle of a blues jam, and Axl fits the story around the music perfectly.

It's still on youtube :) 

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Which show was this? 

It's a work in progress, eventually all available sources will be used. I have currently come to interviews up to April 1995 :)

I think @King_Johnny meant the show the quote that is already included in the history chapter is from (Dane County Coliseum, Dec. 19, 1987)

On 10/3/2019 at 5:35 AM, Blackstar said:

There is a hilarious story about Axl and Bon Jovi in Bach's book.

Axl and Baz were at a bar in London in 2006. At one point Baz spotted Jon Bon Jovi sitting in there somewhere, and went to talk to him because they had had a fallout or something and he wanted to make up. Then he invited him to Axl's table and they had a conversation for a while about the music industry. Bon Jovi had a hit song at that time, and Baz congratulated him for it. Bon Jovi looked at Axl, but Axl said nothing. 

The next day, Baz told Axl that he thought it was very cool of him to congratulate Bon Jovi for his song, and Axl snapped saying, "I didn't fucking congratulate him for his fucking song! You did! I never said that!" - or something like that. 

the one thing about axl is that he is indeed honest in a twisted way 

and 2nd he will never provide an indifferent opinion and will correct anyone that twists his position 

on top of that he is one of the funniest guys ever it's like he's lost his sense of humour in the last ten years or more wish that would come back and the rants 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

15 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It's still on youtube :) 

So it is, although it took me a while to find it as I naively searched combinations of the show and the date, before I realised how stupid I was being and searched for the bit of the story that grabs the attention of the non GNR fanbase.

Funnily enough the Bon Jovi bit is the only uninteresting aspect of the story for me. What I love is just hearing Axl's humour and natural storytelling "they were right - we are scumbags" "these same 5 guys holding ice packs on their heads" "pretty low, right, for a big fucker" "so to distract him I told him to fuck off" and then as I've already mentioned "I wasn't even fighting and it took five fucking assholes to hold me down" which has to be my favourite Axl quote of all time.

When I used to listen to this more frequently the whole show was on YT and earlier in the set Axl explains that the doctors told him he shouldn't sing that night. He says he doesn't know what's going to come out when he sings but "I couldn't just stay on the bus".

Pretty sure the YT channel where I used to listen to the show was run by Chris Buck, a guitarist well worth checking out. His channel was a goldmine of GNR rarities, demos, live shows etc. Sadly the channel is long gone of course.

Edited by King_Johnny
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, King_Johnny said:

So it is, although it took me a while to find it as I naively searched combinations of the show and the date, before I realised how stupid I was being and searched for the bit of the story that grabs the attention of the non GNR fanbase.

Funnily enough the Bon Jovi bit is the only uninteresting aspect of the story for me. What I love is just hearing Axl's humour and natural storytelling "they were right - we are scumbags" "these same 5 guys holding ice packs on their heads" "pretty low, right, for a big fucker" "so to distract him I told him to fuck off" and then as I've already mentioned "I wasn't even fighting and it took five fucking assholes to hold me down" which has to be my favourite Axl quote of all time.

When I used to listen to this more frequently the whole show was on YT and earlier in the set Axl explains that the doctors told him he shouldn't sing that night. He says he doesn't know what's going to come out when he sings but "I couldn't just stay on the bus".

Pretty sure the YT channel where I used to listen to the show was run by Chris Buck, a guitarist well worth checking out. His channel was a goldmine of GNR rarities, demos, live shows etc. Sadly the channel is long gone of course.

I wonder how many times Axl sang going against a doctor's recommendation.  My guess would be more than once.

On 10/12/2019 at 8:43 AM, 865Gunner said:

There is a video somewhere on YouTube where Baz tells a story about Axl randomly calling him and him picking up and Axl just saying “hey Baz” and Baz knowing who that was and then Baz gets all creepy and says oh my god he’s baaaaaack

That's in the beginning of the live My Michelle Baz guests on at one of those festivals in '06

On 10/4/2019 at 1:05 AM, tomc102968 said:

The shower concert was out on long Island Ny I arrived at about 10:30pm and i thought i missed the concert and lol people said it did not even start. He ranted all night long. The best was at the NY times critic (it helped my father believe my story)  My best night ever 1st time i heard November Rain

Ha. Yep. I was 15 and at that one too. My first Guns show ever. Totally crazy and looooong night. By the time we let traffic clear out of the NVMC parking lot- the sun was coming out. A buddy of mine had his Geometry final exam that same morning (like 3 hours later)- and somehow managed a “B”. Lol.

On 10/2/2019 at 10:09 PM, rocknroll41 said:

He talked about it also in a little mtv or vh1 special about GnR in 2005. It was like one of those I Love The 80s type things. It was the same segment where Tom Petty talked about the “Axl & Izzy vs. Vince Neil” situation and said Axl was “probably the most realistic musician I’ve ever played with.” Anthony Keidis was also there and talked about how he was jealous of GnR in the beginning.

That was the MTV buzz worthy moments special from 2001

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Ah yeah you’re right. It had to have been 2001 cause Keidis still had bleached hair but some of his natural brown hair was already starting to grow back. Idk why I thought it was 2005.

Yeah it's been awhile since I've watched this. Pretty sure I have it on a vhs somewhere. You could really tell watching this that Baz is in love with Axl. He's a bit over the top when talking about him lol.

On 13-10-2019 at 10:02 PM, 2020_Intensions said:

That's in the beginning of the live My Michelle Baz guests on at one of those festivals in '06

Wasn't that Rock In Rio '06? I remember Axl doing some weird creepy face while saying something in Portuguese.

Come to think of it, it could also have been Download 2006.

Edited by UcudBmine