Backdrops during live concerts

What should be on the big screens during live concerts?  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I stand by my statement since about 2011: I think the background videos more or less look like Windows screensavers from the late 90s. 

YES! Spot on! For fucks sake they might as well livestream Del James playing Wolfenstein 3D. 

• Haha 2

The "rock n roll"ones are chessy as fuck. Skeletons banging?

I like the Better,CITR ones the most. The speech "captions" overlayed on a live video on Madagascar looks fucking awesome IMO

The Coma one is pretty cool too

Edited by Mendez
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

For the most part they are pretty cheesy but have have gotten a little better since 2016.. The reality is that there are cheesy elements to the band this day and age anyway so it kind of makes sense..

I bet they'd be way better if Slash did the art direction (even though even he is not cheese-immune :) ). 

I liked the SOYL lyric video.

As was said above, it's the low-grade CGI-ness of it that sucks. But whatever! Not a hater... it's the last of my NITL grips :D .

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1

I think Jungles is pretty cool, with the TVs and skulls. I'd actually kinda hate seeing the crowd, the majority of people just stand there; unless you want to just show the pit? I just wonder if they could get some better, non-repetitive animations. All the lyrics videos and similar art style just doesn't mesh well for me

9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I stand by my statement since about 2011: I think the background videos more or less look like Windows screensavers from the late 90s. 

Too funny. I never thought of it, but you’re correct, there is resemblence to those late 90’s screen savers. Unfortunately that is a true statement. Given how artistic Axl is as an entertainer you would believe he would be more involved with what is presented on the monitors. This is an area in which U2 excel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Too funny. I never thought of it, but you’re correct, there is resemblence to those late 90’s screen savers. Unfortunately that is a true statement. Given how artistic Axl is as an entertainer you would believe he would be more involved with what is presented on the monitors. This is an area in which U2 excel.

Yeah, man... the 360 tour grossed like 740mill.... the one with the insane claw stage! NITL is going to get pretty close to that by next year (565million and counting). Doesn’t feel like similar production values...

It’s Perla’s fault. Damn those fun-bags.

Edited by Ant
  • Haha 1

The thing is I think they're just a symptom of the low quality stage show the band currently put on.

Not to say the shows aren't great. They are in terms of performance.

But compare GNR's stage setup to almost any similar sized (and many smaller) bands and they are shockingly basic.

Look at Metallica bringing better screens and backdrops.

To smaller bands such as 21 pilots using managing to use the venue in their act.

IMHO GNR need to modernize their set and stageshow (Especially for the prices).

This would include adding a B-stage.

BTW how have we got to 2019/2020 without GNR doing an electro-acoustic 'lies' section of the show on a b-stage? That literally writes itself.

Also we really need the band to understand that a longer show doesn't mean a better show. I personally love the 3 hour sets but even I think the pacing isn't great.

Maybe they will for whatever is coming in 2020 but we will see.

TBH I'm happy as long as I get Axl and Slash tearing their way through the catalogue.

31 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

The thing is I think they're just a symptom of the low quality stage show the band currently put on.

But compare GNR's stage setup to almost any similar sized (and many smaller) bands and they are shockingly basic.

To smaller bands such as 21 pilots using managing to use the venue in their act.

BTW how have we got to 2019/2020 without GNR doing an electro-acoustic 'lies' section of the show on a b-stage? That literally writes itself.

Also we really need the band to understand that a longer show doesn't mean a better show. I personally love the 3 hour sets but even I think the pacing isn't great.

TBH I'm happy as long as I get Axl and Slash tearing their way through the catalogue.

Oh no. Maybe they can pull off more touring without new songs by changing up the stage set up :(

3 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

All good, valid and logical points and that's exactly why none of this will happen 

• Like 1