TheSeeker

P.R.L. - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

I don't know about this one. I kind of like it but it's hard for me to see/hear it as a GNR song, even by NuGNR standards. Maybe it's because of the lack of guitars, I don't know (+ Axl missing of course).

Not sure there is much if anything left with vocals from the locker room discs. Still badass to hear the instrumentals. Almost better IMO 'cause I'm hoping some of these will  be reworked for the new record. So they will be "new" to me.

The second album was supposed to be titled "P.R.L." and the tracklist in theory would have been

1. Thyme

2. P.R.L.

So listen to both tracks in that order if you want an idea of how the second album would have started

• Like 2

Another leak?? How many leaks has been filtered? I'm lost with this. Hope we could hear new released music soon.

Axl quote on the second album from 1999 for perspective:

http://htgth.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=28

Loder: How's your guitar playing coming along now?

Rose: It's all right. I just wanted to be good enough to be able to contribute what was needed to this main album. It took working on the majority of these things and at least the couple albums' [worth] of material to figure out what should be on the first official Guns album. I wouldn't say it's like, you know, that we recorded a double album, or that we have all of our scraps to be the second one. There is a distinct difference in sound. The second leans probably a little more to aggressive electronica with full guitars, where the first one is definitely more guitar-based.

The guitars obviously hadn't been added to P.R.L. yet, but yeah this is way more "aggressive electronica" than anything on the first album

Wait. So they're doing the last disc track by track?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Wait. So they're doing the last disc track by track?

No this is some guy who went rogue and said he had it months ago along with State of Grace and other tracks

• GNFNR 1

17 minutes ago, The Glow Inc. said:

Sounds like something by the Crystal Method or a song off the Matris O.S.T

Definitely thought of The Matrix OST as soon as it started playing.

I'm listening with crappy headphones provided for free by a bus company on my way to Oaxaca, but I'm still digging it. Can see this kicking ass with guitars and vocals.

• GNFNR 1

We're going song by song now? Oh come on... 

It sounds like a movie soundtrack. 

20 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Axl quote on the second album from 1999 for perspective:

http://htgth.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=28

The guitars obviously hadn't been added to P.R.L. yet, but yeah this is way more "aggressive electronica" than anything on the first album

Rose: No, and I don't want to be in a situation again where I have to depend on other people and have [to] start all over. So we have material that we think is too advanced for old Guns fans to hear right now and they would completely hate, because we were exploring the use of computers [along with] everybody really playing their ass off and combining that, but trying to push the envelope a bit. It's like, "Hmm, I have to push the envelope a little too far. We'll wait on that." So we got a list of things.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

No this is some guy who went rogue and said he had it months ago along with State of Grace and other tracks

Oh, damn!

• GNFNR 1

Ok, now this sounds like The Prodigy. The breakbeat style makes me think that this might even be one of the tracks that Brain and Extrakd wrote.

I would love to hear what this sounded like after the guitars were added.

12 minutes ago, jamillos said:

We're going song by song now? Oh come on... 

It sounds like a movie soundtrack. 

this is how the orchestration should have sound like...instead we got pitmans synth...

Edited by Creed

It’s cool to hear maybe once or twice and I appreciate whoever’s leaking these but I do have to say, it’s a bit of bummer to hear these without vocals or even guitars. Still of course interesting.

Kind of eh on this one. I’d have to see what Axl could do with it before truly judging it.