Why no Street of Dreams?

15 minutes ago, Original said:

Who woulda thought he could pull off Coma again? Motivated Axl can pull anything off if he wants.  See Axl/DC.  

I don't know, he struggles with the Chinese stuff over the last year. I'm beginning to see some cracks in his higher register.  A few years ago he could sing the mid section of better every night, now he struggles and or alters the melody to get through it.

I think he'd get through SOD, but it would be tough. I'd like to hear it again, especially instead of catcher.

31 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

I loved seeing it at the ‘06 shows but yeah, Axl would sound terrible on it now.

I saw it in 06 as well and it was great, also decent in 2010. Never liked them album version so haven't  listened to that for years but the recent leaks of it have re-woken my interest  for the song.

Will always be The Blues to me though

1 minute ago, Shacklermyrye said:

I saw it in 06 as well and it was great, also decent in 2010. Never liked them album version so haven't  listened to that for years but the recent leaks of it have re-woken my interest  for the song.

Same here, I changed the name in iTunes so when it plays it says “the blues”

Edited by Stiff Competition
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Yeah “The Blues” I agree.  I went with the CD title of it I guess. 

5 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

Same here, I changed the name in iTunes so when it plays it says “the blues”

Me too lol

There was a time it was supposed to be called "Stardust" which is an awful name for a song.

After bullishly insisting that Sorry was in large part about Slash and old band I now agree with @russtcb that SoD is about Slash hence never even on NITL setlist. Blues sounds like it's about a woman but read the lyrics, don't have to be romantic, could easily be about Slash. Especially the last verse.

And the 'shut up and sing' part of Sorry I always thought referenced the story of Duff or Slash in the studio telling Ax to shut up and sing but fans also shouted that during Illusion rants. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

After bullishly insisting that Sorry was in large part about Slash and old band I now agree with @russtcb that SoD is about Slash hence never even on NITL setlist. Blues sounds like it's about a woman but read the lyrics, don't have to be romantic, could easily be about Slash. Especially the last verse.

And the 'shut up and sing' part of Sorry I always thought referenced the story of Duff or Slash in the studio telling Ax to shut up and sing but fans also shouted that during Illusion rants. 

I thought Sorry was about the media and critics in general 

i can’t say I’ve listened to that song enough times to really analyse though. It’s pretty mediocre throughout and those bizarre vocals “but I don’t want to do it” just make me want to press Next

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

"the feelings that I felt I saved for you and no one else"

Personally I don't see what heterosexual man would write this about a man, but maybe that's just me.

Fact is that they hadn't played SOD in along time with the past line up either. The setlist is already a bit too ballad heavy if you ask me, so no need to bring SOD back.

If they necessarily want to play a certain amount of covers, I wish they'd replace Wichita Lineman with Down On The Farm. Axl would probably still sound great on it, cause he can use his natural voice there. The setlist could use some more punk rock.

• Like 1