Why no Street of Dreams?

14 hours ago, adamsapple said:

I have yet to hear a live version of Estranged that can keep up with the studio version, with The Blues it's the opposite: the studio version kinda sucks compared to the song in concert. Estranged is my fav GNR tune but at this point I'd much rather have The Blues or Breakdown in concert and see them replace/rotate Coma with Locomotive. Estranged is ten minutes and Coma is another ten minutes and in concert (!) none of them can keep up with their current rendition of Rocket Queen wich is another ten minutes but a live keeper. Add to this KOHD and all the crappy covers and you have roundabout 90 minutes of a lot of energy going down the drain when they could play so many other great songs they rarely ever play.

Any not so good live version of Estranged is miles better than any Street of dreams version could ever be. Estranged and Coma are highlights during the show. Without those 2 I don't think I would have went 21 times.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Any not so good live version of Estranged is miles better than any Street of dreams version. Estranged and Coma are highlights during the show. Without those 2 I don't think I would have went 21 times.

Estranged is a 100% must for every show!  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, SlashisGOD said:

I still don't believe the song is about Slash. If so, Axl sure has some problems. 

9 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Couldn’t be about Slash, a little on the broke back mountain side of things if it is 

I'll never understand these type of posts. It is possible for someone to care deeply for a person of the same sex and have absolutely nothing to do with sexuality. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I'll never understand these type of posts. It is possible for someone to care deeply for a person of the same sex and have absolutely nothing to do with sexuality. 

I do get that, but I don’t think Axl and Slash were ever that close to begin with. I don’t think they were ever even best of friends. Axl/Duff, Axl/Izzy, Slash/Duff seem like closer friendships. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah two men can be really close of course. I'm close with a couple of my friends, but the lyrics to me seem more about a romantic relationship gone wrong.

1 hour ago, jacdaniel said:

I do get that, but I don’t think Axl and Slash were ever that close to begin with. I don’t think they were ever even best of friends. Axl/Duff, Axl/Izzy, Slash/Duff seem like closer friendships. 

I doubt that if they weren't close at one point Axl would have gotten so mad at Slash leaving.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jacdaniel said:

See below. 

27 minutes ago, SlashisGOD said:

Yeah two men can be really close of course. I'm close with a couple of my friends, but the lyrics to me seem more about a romantic relationship gone wrong.

To me it doesn't have to do with a romantic relationship or not even a friendship. 

It's got more to do with an artistic relationship. I've broken it down before but the short version is that I feel like the lyrics of The Blues are Axl expressing how completely disappointed he was in Slash as an artist. 

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

See below. 

To me it doesn't have to do with a romantic relationship or not even a friendship. 

It's got more to do with an artistic relationship. I've broken it down before but the short version is that I feel like the lyrics of The Blues are Axl expressing how completely disappointed he was in Slash as an artist. 

I told you you should put your explanation in your sig or maybe in your profile. You know it will be coming up for all eternity :lol:

• Haha 1

1999 - Axl is sad about Slash leaving and writes The Blues.

2009 - After singing; 'Everywhere I go I see you' for a decade he decides to hire Ashba to ease his pain. And the extra swag.

2015 - Axl decides to drop both the song and Slashba.

2016 - Slash returns, all is good. 

I now too believe this song was about Slash.

No come on, this is about a chick. :lol: Or Axl lost his testicles, which would explain why he went full Mickey. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Such a beautiful composition, heartfelt lyrics, one of the best songs imo.

He should sing it alone, at the piano. No drums. No guitars. Just him at the piano and his voice, really feeling the song.

He'd get standing ovations from the entire crowd up to the very last row and people would run to buy a copy of Chinese Democracy the next day.

3 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Such a beautiful composition, heartfelt lyrics, one of the best songs imo.

He should sing it alone, at the piano. No drums. No guitars. Just him at the piano and his voice, really feeling the song.

He'd get standing ovations from the entire crowd up to the very last row and people would run to buy a copy of Chinese Democracy the next day.

I doubt Axl's gonna get standing ovations for his singing anytime soon.

• Haha 2

I was about to reply some of the posts, but then I saw that those were from a time that we didn't even have covid yet lol

But anyways: the reason why they don't play this song is because it's hard for Axl to sing. It's not about rasp or mid-range, but the absurd high notes. Yeah, he tried to sing lower before, but that was only the outro. The whole song is challenging. 

And I sure don't believe it's about Slash. It's a lote more likely that Hard Skool and Sorry were about him, but they don't seem to mind playing those songs live. 

10 hours ago, Macho Vidal said:

Just stumbled upon the 2019 The Blues/SOD acoustic leak.  Who plays guitar on this version?  For that matter, what lineup is this?

Don't believe this is legit, I guess it's fan made. 

23 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I was about to reply some of the posts, but then I saw that those were from a time that we didn't even have covid yet lol

But anyways: the reason why they don't play this song is because it's hard for Axl to sing. It's not about rasp or mid-range, but the absurd high notes. Yeah, he tried to sing lower before, but that was only the outro. The whole song is challenging. 

And I sure don't believe it's about Slash. It's a lote more likely that Hard Skool and Sorry were about him, but they don't seem to mind playing those songs live. 

Don't believe this is legit, I guess it's fan made. 

when did Axl stop performing Street Of Dreams live? it wasn't recently iirc. Not sure if it cause it was too hard to sing for him but who knows.