Why no Street of Dreams?

On 10/5/2019 at 5:35 PM, Stiff Competition said:

I loved seeing it at the ‘06 shows but yeah, Axl would sound terrible on it now.

SoD is generally a pretty “Mickey” song. Compared to Better, it’s easier to sing, and I’m sure he’d sound better. 

On 10/5/2019 at 4:24 PM, Lies They Tell said:

"the feelings that I felt I saved for you and no one else"

Personally I don't see what heterosexual man would write this about a man, but maybe that's just me.

^^ THIS.

People tend to read too much into things.

Not only is there no chance the line above applies to SLASH, I very, very, very much doubt that the line "I don't know just what I should do, Everywhere I go I see you" fits either.

Look for the lines that don't fit rather than the ones that might. That makes it far easier to conclude to whom the lyrics might be referring.

It's not about SLASH. Moreover, some fans tend to forget AXL's proclivity to write about the women in his life.

Edited by thunderram
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, DTV88 said:

Street of Dreams always seemed unfinished to me. The break in the music fees like it’s missing something. 

The fullest version of it I can think of, is one of the rough mixes on the Village Sessions disks, the one with Josh on drums.  That is my favorite version ever of this song, the album version lacks a full low end and I definitely miss the full band parts with the cool guitar lick

I remember being quite irritated by the forced sounding,  raspy verses of the album version when I finally heard it.

I was baffled how most of the beauty and soul from the Rio live version was missing on the album. 

Pretty much the same with Madagascar.