Your "best of the locker" CDs

Axl should have released this album back in 2000, and passed it on like a kidney stone, and be done with it -- sink, or swim.

Then the band should've moved on to release more music. The Blues & State Of Grace would've done well as singles. I can picture The Blues playing alongside Sting, Matchbox 20, and Sheryl Crow adult contemporary stations. And State Of Grace playing on alternative metal stations (Korn, Disturbed, Marilyn Manson.) Maybe the album would've not been an Appetite for Destruction killer like Axl's eluded to wanting to do, but it wouldn't have been a critical disaster like Van Halen III either. It would've done well to hook in older fans who've moved on, and interest younger folks that don't know anything about GN'R. Come to think of it, the album was likely strategized in such a way. Axl's a meticulous bloke. No wonder the dude was so bitter, and dodgy later on. He was ready to release the damn thing 8 years before it came out. And by that time, Slash/Duff got in their rebuke (Contraband) and the world had moved on from industrial rock.

Anyway...

1. State Of Grace

2. Hard School

3. Atlas

4. Perhaps

5. Eye On You

Everything else on the CDs: There's a lot of instrumentals to go through. I can't recall them all. Zodiac, Quick Song and Oklahoma I remember being good. From what I gather, there were instrumentally superior rock songs that are better than the ones that ended up on record. 

The Chinese (Double Guitars) is excellent. As are the rest of the Freese demos. Riad sounds much tighter, bassier, and the drums are killer. The Blues, Catcher and Madagascar are superior to their 2008 counterparts. I think everything else benefitted massively from Buckethead's contributions (especially ProstituteIRS, and TWAT.)