After Seeing The NITL Gig 4 times - What I like And Don’t like about the tour

Likes - Axl and Slash back together to jam music 

Songs I like that are new to the set 

Coma - Slither - Better - Sorry - This I love “ Blues Jam “ The solo after Scom ends - Badass Double Talking Jive 

Dislikes - Wichita Lineman - Madagascar-  The Seeker - Prostitue 

Likes - Richard Fortus 

Dislikes - Frank - Dizzy - Miss Reese 

Likes The voicebox solo on Rq

Richards solo on Rq 

Dislikes -Richards solo on KOHD - Ruins the song -This song has to be all Slash - Fortus is great but his clean wah wah solo killed the intensity of the song 

The light show and movie screens are badass 

The stage is very similar to the illusions tour 

The sound is amazing Kudos to the engineers 

Dislikes - Piano in any song but NR And Estranged 

Dislikes - Setlist - Where the fuck is Locomotive- Breakdown - Perfect Crime - That would make this gig way more Epic Than Witchita Lineman or BHS or The fucking Seeker - Embarrassing 

Likes - In General most of the T shirts - Posters

Dislikes - Merchandise- The prices - so high it’s embarrassing 

All in all a great show after 23 years apart 

As a Day 1 fan - it sucks not  to hear Out to get me - My Michelle - Locomotive - You’re Crazy 

and then have to listen to some of these fucking stinkers that I mentioned above 

Ratings 

Slash 5 ⭐️ 

Axl 4 ⭐️ 

Richard 3 ⭐️ 

Duff 5 ⭐️ 

Rest of the band 0 ⭐️ 

Edited by TMAC20
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Creed said:

Fair review and rating. 

There is absolutely no excuse not adding Adler or Matt or even both. Popcorn don't need a full set, but he could be a easily a sidekick for Guns. He could even be just there on stage with a seperate drum set playing the tambourine. Who cares? Stevie is cheap, he loves GnR and the fans love Stevie. Its just a shame. 

Melissa is useless for GnR. The same useless as Pitman. Both are / were touring with GnR and are / were really misusing their talent. Pitman could have done game soundtracks f.ex. Instead he was just touring with GnR and after 20/years we have finally heard what he was doing in studio. Its OK, but the more Pitman a track has, the worse it is for GnR. Instead of renting an orchestra or beltrami for the whole vault, we got pitman and melissa. So if both would just play the Beltrami samples, fine. But i cant see any value of their work for GnR beside that. 

A big let down are also Slash takes on CD stuff. I have expected more creative ideas on songs that needed his guitar work. Like Madagascar f.ex.

The merch and the prices are really insane. But people are paying these prices...so people are co-responsible for these problems.

I could mention a lot more stuff about this tour. but i leave it at this point.

GnR is better than many other acts, but it could have been much better. And i dont see the fun in the entourage. They are just doing a job imo. And thats boring when it comes to music. at least for me. GnR is like a soap opera now. Nothing special happens.

If melissa only did backing vocals, that would he enough to make her a useful member. 

I don't  know but it seems far more obvious what she is doing than what Pitman did. 

Again,  I have never had an issue with her. It was a surprise that they hired a woman in the beginning but I think overall she adds a fun bouncy energy if you watch her on stage.  It's a far cry from old guns, but old guns is gone so I'm open to all things new; until I see something  I don't enjoy

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Again,  I have never had an issue with her. It was a surprise that they hired a woman in the beginning but I think overall she adds a fun bouncy energy if you watch her on stage.

I never do. Seriously. I'm always surprised when I see her on pix, as I haven't seen her during  the show. Then again. The same goes for Fortus and Ferrer. Never watch them.

Honestly, expensive merch doesn’t bug me much. I look at it like the streaming paradigm shift has made music so much cheaper and more accessible for the consumer that if they wanna milk the merch cow...

Doesn't mean candles and toy trucks don’t dilute your brand; that they don’t make you look like everything you were opposed on the come up, when you were hungry and dangerous and the best thing on the block. But the prices I can live with! :) 

I think Dizzy is fine! You can’t shut him out at this point! That’d be stone cold. 

And im not surprised Slash’s CD stuff is uninspired... it’s like doing covers only the songs don’t speak to you. At least with covers they’re usually foundational to who you became as a musician on some level. That’s why they need to co-write new shit! ASAP!

Edited by Ant

Just now, PatrickS77 said:

They have no problems shutting out Steven. I'd rather they shut out Dizzy. He had a good ride.

Haha... I mean, you’re not wrong! Less is likely always more with this band. 

But there’s lower hanging fruit is what I’m saying :).

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

MyGN'R: This is a nostalgia cashgrab tour! 

Also MyGN'R: BRING BACK STEVEN AND IZZY!!!!

How much I don’t understand people who say this..

I mean it would be awesome of course to see big 5 playing together again but..

-It’s disrespectful to current members, especially Fortus who plays great and doing his best + he is in this band for a very long time

-Izzy was on rehearsals, we don’t really know why he doesn’t play with them now. If it’s because he couldn’t get along with them, do you really want to watch a band like that?

I understand some of you love Izzy, I do too but guys, have respect to current members, they are great musicians and don’t deserve any hate.

To the topic I liked most of things. I think they put on a great show. But I would change the NR/KOHD/BHS part. Too much long, slow songs. Take them somewhere else in a set or put some faster songs between. Drop BHS for good. And if KOHD was shorter no one would cry. I like the solos but it lasts too long.

Edited by sl4yer
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Seriously, the merch pricing is high but is no different than what almost every arena/stadium band charges. Hell, Pearl Jam used to be the most fan friendly band out there but they charge $40 a shirt these days. Slayer charges $40-45 a shirt these days. It just is what it is. 

I saw them 5 times during 2017-18 and while I enjoyed every second of it, it annoys me, that Axl always seems to give a little more in the US.. 

if I had to rank all the legs it would probably be

NA 2016
NA 2017 (some shows were better than others, but the 4 hour shows were amazing)
NA 2019 (so far, very close to NA 2017)
SA 2016
ASIA/OCEANIA 2017
SA 2017
EU 2017
EU 2018
ASIA/AFRICA/HAWAII 2018

3 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

I saw them 5 times during 2017-18 and while I enjoyed every second of it, it annoys me, that Axl always seems to give a little more in the US.. 

if I had to rank all the legs it would probably be

NA 2016
NA 2017 (some shows were better than others, but the 4 hour shows were amazing)
NA 2019 (so far, very close to NA 2017)
SA 2016
ASIA/OCEANIA 2017
SA 2017
EU 2017
EU 2018
ASIA/AFRICA/HAWAII 2018

NA 2016 - No contest

NA 2017

SA 2016 - Just watch You Could Be Mine from Chile.. I enjoy current leg but objectively he was in better shape back then

NA 2019

EU 2018 - This one is underrated imo. Axl started weak but after few shows he was pretty good. Pretty similiar to what we have right now. Sometimes even better sometimes worse. But if you watch videos from Poland, Russia, Tallin, Nijmegen or Mannheim - he was pretty good. This tour brought some surprises like SOYL and Slither too.

Asia/Oceania 2017

Europe 2017

SA 2017

ASIA 2018

6 hours ago, sl4yer said:

How much I don’t understand people who say this..

I mean it would be awesome of course to see big 5 playing together again but..

-It’s disrespectful to current members, especially Fortus who plays great and doing his best + he is in this band for a very long time

-Izzy was on rehearsals, we don’t really know why he doesn’t play with them now. If it’s because he couldn’t get along with them, do you really want to watch a band like that?

I understand some of you love Izzy, I do too but guys, have respect to current members, they are great musicians and don’t deserve any hate.

To the topic I liked most of things. I think they put on a great show. But I would change the NR/KOHD/BHS part. Too much long, slow songs. Take them somewhere else in a set or put some faster songs between. Drop BHS for good. And if KOHD was shorter no one would cry. I like the solos but it lasts too long.

The correct take is to just hope Izzy had/has some involvement in the studio. Whether he's there live doesn't concern me.

• Like 3

I get the whole Steven Adler being a potential liability. I also get Izzy being Izzy. It would be nice to see them both up there for a few tunes once in awhile as special guests. Izzy used to show up here and there back in the day. Wish he'd do some more of those again because they were special moments. For me they were anyway. It'd be super sweet if Izzy was a contributer in the studio for any potential new future releases as well. 

Make it happen please Axl 👍🏻😁

On 10/6/2019 at 4:31 PM, Coma16 said:

I thought GNR merch was expensive. Then I attended Radiohead concert and saw their stupid expensive prices (with no lineups or crowds). Foo Fighters prices were nice and reasonable.

I took my daughters to see the Jonas Brothers a couple nights ago... $70 and $75 for hoodies... :shrugs: 

In the last month or so, I've also seen Iron Maiden and Guns, and both were about the same as far as t-shirts and other merch.

Thank god i watched them 3 times in 88 is all i gotta say me being a true purist i actually went to the Illusion tour as well and did liked it a lot more than the current and i did go and see tnem 2 years ago in Miami and yea thank god i caught em in their prime is all i can say lol sorry dont mean to hate on the current tour as i understand a lotta newer fans wanted to see the original lineup but after still not seeing Izzy at all or Steven except for 3 shows it sucks a little bit

• Like 1

15 hours ago, History2010 said:

perhaps I am just lucky, but I have heard all three of these songs across my three NITL gigs. 

I heard them all too 

Just saying man they should all be on the setlist every night