After Seeing The NITL Gig 4 times - What I like And Don’t like about the tour

On 10/6/2019 at 1:52 PM, TMAC20 said:

Likes - Axl and Slash back together to jam music 

Songs I like that are new to the set 

Coma - Slither - Better - Sorry - This I love “ Blues Jam “ The solo after Scom ends - Badass Double Talking Jive 

Dislikes - Wichita Lineman - Madagascar-  The Seeker - Prostitue 

Likes - Richard Fortus 

Dislikes - Frank - Dizzy - Miss Reese 

Likes The voicebox solo on Rq

Richards solo on Rq 

Dislikes -Richards solo on KOHD - Ruins the song -This song has to be all Slash - Fortus is great but his clean wah wah solo killed the intensity of the song 

The light show and movie screens are badass 

The stage is very similar to the illusions tour 

The sound is amazing Kudos to the engineers 

Dislikes - Piano in any song but NR And Estranged 

Dislikes - Setlist - Where the fuck is Locomotive- Breakdown - Perfect Crime - That would make this gig way more Epic Than Witchita Lineman or BHS or The fucking Seeker - Embarrassing 

Likes - In General most of the T shirts - Posters

Dislikes - Merchandise- The prices - so high it’s embarrassing 

All in all a great show after 23 years apart 

As a Day 1 fan - it sucks not  to hear Out to get me - My Michelle - Locomotive - You’re Crazy 

and then have to listen to some of these fucking stinkers that I mentioned above 

Ratings 

Slash 5 ⭐️ 

Axl 4 ⭐️ 

Richard 3 ⭐️ 

Duff 5 ⭐️ 

Rest of the band 0 ⭐️ 

You must not have gone to any gigs in 2016. I went to the one in Nashville and we had My Michelle AND Out ta Get Me with Adler in the drums

• Like 1

Adler is a dope head who is not really wanting to help himself. The moment he hurt his back and would need surgery, they knew he was a ticking time bomb again. From a business standpoint it was an accurate decision to not include him in a lot of gigs. 
Fortus and Slash’s chemistry is awesome. It’s not Slash and Izzy but it the closest it gets and Fortus is a great musician. Their Wish You Were Here duet is amazing. 

On 10/12/2019 at 8:18 AM, 865Gunner said:

You must not have gone to any gigs in 2016. I went to the one in Nashville and we had My Michelle AND Out ta Get Me with Adler in the drums

I was there too man 

just saying they should always be on the setlist 

On 10/12/2019 at 7:26 AM, 865Gunner said:

Adler is a dope head who is not really wanting to help himself. The moment he hurt his back and would need surgery, they knew he was a ticking time bomb again. From a business standpoint it was an accurate decision to not include him in a lot of gigs. 
Fortus and Slash’s chemistry is awesome. It’s not Slash and Izzy but it the closest it gets and Fortus is a great musician. Their Wish You Were Here duet is amazing. 

Lets be real. He was never to be included on many other than those 2-3 tour dates and for what, 2-3 songs. No need to kick him. He will never ever be included ever again to be on stage with The Big 3.. I like living in the present.  I am a fan of them all and all of the old music. They threw him a bone which, no pride, he took. I really hate when fans say he is a dope head. He is clean/ sober . He had within the last 10 years an oxy issue. Slash had an oxycontin issue within the last 10 years too . Oxy, like he never read the news all over the place about oxycontin.                                                                               It nice you said Slash has good chemistry with Fortus. Fortus and Frank are both great and will be hired until the end of time, lol. Lucky guys.  It has been only, just 18 years at this point.      Izzy will never again ever share a stage or even write and record  behind the scenes with The Big 3.                                                            I saw ACL, the first show. I enjoyed it for what was. It is too sad that due to drugs, alcohol, crazy tempers,  etc. that these 5 could not have done this as happy, clean, sober, normal, adults like in 1990. Wasted decades .                                       However,  all 5 guys today are personally and professionaly happy, clean, sober, busy, healthy, normal, and sane. As GnR fans, I think we all would like that about them.

Edited by Amaya

Ya know, this lineup thing.. I think there a few absolutes here that have to be included in any argument with the lineup.

We know that Adler was rehearsing in 2016. Don’t know what his role was going to be, but it probably would’ve been significant. Probably definitely all AFD songs. 

We know that Izzy was involved. Axl has told us that Izzy didn’t like the terms and it didn’t get worked out. Don’t know what Izzy’s gonna do, was the paraphrase. 

So they tried to have the AFD5, and it wasn’t a weak sauce pretend effort. With those initial dreams dashed, they moved on. Axl kept his guys, and Slash and Duff signed off on it. So here it is. I’m not sure if we can honestly ask more of Axl, Slash, and Duff. they tried to make it happen. I would just hope that they leave the door open. And if the time is right, two-thirds of the rhythm section will step aside and allow the AFD to tour. If the OG5 got the stage, nobody better bitch about Dizzy and Reese!

Edited by PirateRadio
  • Like 2

On 10/15/2019 at 7:47 PM, Amaya said:

Lets be real. He was never to be included on many other than those 2-3 tour dates and for what, 2-3 songs. No need to kick him. He will never ever be included ever again to be on stage with The Big 3.. I like living in the present.  I am a fan of them all and all of the old music. They threw him a bone which, no pride, he took. I really hate when fans say he is a dope head. He is clean/ sober . He had within the last 10 years an oxy issue. Slash had an oxycontin issue within the last 10 years too . Oxy, like he never read the news all over the place about oxycontin.                                                                               It nice you said Slash has good chemistry with Fortus. Fortus and Frank are both great and will be hired until the end of time, lol. Lucky guys.  It has been only, just 18 years at this point.      Izzy will never again ever share a stage or even write and record  behind the scenes with The Big 3.                                                            I saw ACL, the first show. I enjoyed it for what was. It is too sad that due to drugs, alcohol, crazy tempers,  etc. that these 5 could not have done this as happy, clean, sober, normal, adults like in 1990. Wasted decades .                                       However,  all 5 guys today are personally and professionaly happy, clean, sober, busy, healthy, normal, and sane. As GnR fans, I think we all would like that about them.

I thought Adler had had another issue with drugs a few years back, not just oxy.

either way I agree with you, the band as it is is fucking awesome. I got to see Adler drumming with them in Nashville. If I got to see Izzy playing a song with them I’d be ecstatic. But Frank got better when Slash and Duff came in and worked on tempo with him (You Could Be Mine before Slash and Duff came back sounded awful), and Fortus like I said, is as close to Izzy as it gets. It will never be Izzy and I don’t think that he or Frank want to be the guys that they “replace” but Fortus and Slash jamming is awesome as hell

• Like 2

On 2019-10-11 at 10:01 PM, F*ck Fear said:

I only went to the one. Toronto 2016. Best Guns show out of the 6 I've been to, if only because Axl, Slash & Duff were on the same stage again.

However, I got TWAT in 2010 and that was fucking awesome.

I was there too and yes it was awesome 👍🏻😊🍻

• Like 1

Melissa was awesome when I saw them. I saw them at Hershey Park and Axl introduced her as Melissa Reece's Pieces and she wore a Reece's shirt that she probably bought at the Hershey Chocolate World shop.

Before that time I hadnt really followed GNR as closely since 1996 so I was unaware of the Reese addition, but their new upgraded rock sound as a whole was refreshing and enjoyable and she looked great on stage.

2 hours ago, Blue Phoenix said:

This may be an unpopular opinion, but for me the 2006 line up was the best GNR ever had!

Not a knock on that lineup, well respected but not only is that unpopular, but thats is completely insane!!!!! LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1