New Slash interview about Smkc

TMAC20

Just Read A decent interview 

about Slash having several songs that he calls “ Exciting And Heavy ass Riffs “ for Smkc 

The Band has soundchecked them and recorded them all in some format not ready for a Lp but  bits and pieces that the band will continue to work on 

Love that this band just keeps on keeping on 

Slash stated “ when I get a little break from Guns we will get together and record a new record that like I said he is very excited about 

That will Be Album #4 for Smkc 

With the crazy ass setlist with Gnr I enjoyed SMKC better at the Nashville gig than I did Gnr at Louder Than Life 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

2014 me would smack myself for saying this but....

Yawn

I'm going to have to agree with you.  I want a follow up solo album from Myles after Alter Bridge does their usual tour stops for their new album above another SMKC album.  I was actually in the same plane as him going from Orlando to Raleigh after Alter Bridge's Walk the Sky listening party.  Talked to him for a few minutes after the flight.  Pretty chill and professional guy.  The one main thought I said to him was "I hope it doesn't take long for him to do another series of solo shows," because the solo show I saw in LA was probably the best I have ever saw him perform and the best show I have ever seen.  He did say he wants to get writing on another one so that he can do those shows.  I just hope his schedule isn't too busy to the point where it takes another 10 years or so to get another solo album out.

Edited by Anguyen92

In another interview Slash said there is some good material for this album. I have a feeling at least a couple of killer riffs but probably more which is always exciting and some more Slash soloing. A Guns album is more exciting for me, but it's really it's own thing cause it takes a long time for Axl to release an album and The Conspirators do have a different sound compared to Gn'R's.

Slash can do both anyway and should cause it gives him the ability to keep doing something musical and tour. Heavy ass riffs. Soon is the word.

Edited by Rovim

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder how Slash decides what goes to SMKC and what he hangs onto for Guns.

I know the prospect for a new Guns album is shaky but I think Slash is preparing on his end. I wonder if it’s a quality thing, like this is too good for SMKC, or a vibe... and If it’s a vibe, I wonder what that vibe is! His conception of the GNR sound was really different in 94 vs 87, let alone 2019.

Mark Tremonti got a preview apparently? And it was super groovy? That’s exciting. I wonder if Fortus can groove.

Edited by Ant

6 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

Where's that coming from?

TMAC20 (OP of this thread) said in another post he heard it from a Myles / Tremonti interview on Blabbermouth about a month ago. I only have the second-hand info -- maybe he can link it. 

Edited by Ant

On 10/30/2019 at 5:12 AM, Ralphelmo said:

Where's that coming from?

On 10/30/2019 at 11:13 AM, Ant said:

TMAC20 (OP of this thread) said in another post he heard it from a Myles / Tremonti interview on Blabbermouth about a month ago. I only have the second-hand info -- maybe he can link it. 

There's nothing on blabbermouth that says that.