The Chinese Democracy 2 Fan Project - Let's make our OWN VOCALS!!

2 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

How is this working exactly? Are ya'll just tryna get vocals done for these or re-recording the music itself?

Just adding vocals to the instrumentals.

24 minutes ago, Cory Trevor said:

OUUU! im down to record some Axl-ey Vox. I can do the high and low voices 

anybody have lyrics to use??

Pick a song and write your own!

2 hours ago, ElectricTear said:

Just wondering... if I'd make own version of unreleased song and release it by myself, would I break copyright laws? 

I've been wondering about that too. I have to assume it would still break copyright law even if you recorded from the ground up. I'm sure others are more well versed in the law than I am, but assume the melodies and chord structures are protected. 

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I've been wondering about that too. I have to assume it would still break copyright law even if you recorded from the ground up. I'm sure others are more well versed in the law than I am, but assume the melodies and chord structures are protected. 

But if there's no proof of having / hearing leaked material that you should otherwise not know about musically can't you make an argument that you yourself came up with said chord structure? It is just music after all ...

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Something that does crack me up is I've had a few different facebook videos with the unreleased songs playing in the background and I don't get the typical "we think you don't own this music" warning that id get if I had a video with a commonly released song.

16 minutes ago, ronartest2004 said:

Something that does crack me up is I've had a few different facebook videos with the unreleased songs playing in the background and I don't get the typical "we think you don't own this music" warning that id get if I had a video with a commonly released song.

Don't even get me started on Facebook and music. It's such a giant pain in the ass. 

• Haha 1

On 2019-10-08 at 8:48 PM, RussTCB said:

You are not allowed to make a cover of an copyrighted unreleased song, atleast in my country.

Edited by jettesnel
  • Thanks 1

On 8.10.2019 at 8:48 PM, RussTCB said:

It would definetely violate copyright. For fun private purposes no problem but if you put that out somewhere in public or even charge money for it you probably gonna have the band frying your asses and rightly so. It's someone elses music, so unless the copyright owners give you the go it's violating copyright.

Edited by adamsapple
  • Thanks 1

On 10/10/2019 at 9:09 AM, SoulMonster said:

But they would likely contest that and be able to prove you are wrong. 

Those songs have already long been copyrighted even if not released/or have lyrics. They have rhythmic and melodic structure even as instrumentals. In any copyright case it comes down to proving an argument that the offending party has heard your work. In this case that’s pretty open/shut here