TheSeeker

Rough Mixes CD #2 Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

Anyone else think the "ooh oohhhs" in Quicksong seem extremely out of place?  The vocal line seems fine, but definitely not the "Ohhs".  Hope those get dropped.

18 minutes ago, dogman said:

Anyone else think the "ooh oohhhs" in Quicksong seem extremely out of place?  The vocal line seems fine, but definitely not the "Ohhs".  Hope those get dropped.

No. I like the ooh oohs more than the vocal line. Nice scream in the song, though. 

• GNFNR 1

I cannot get over the difference between shank and shack-lers

My mind is blown! 

Hands down the most exciting few weeks in Gnr land since 2007/8 for me and yes, I include the reformation in that! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, laoi said:

I cannot get over the difference between shank and shack-lers

My mind is blown! 

Hands down the most exciting few weeks in Gnr land since 2007/8 for me and yes, I include the reformation in that! 

If you like Shank you would love Meta-matic with Buckethead.

5 hours ago, username05 said:

source?

fortune_teller_gypsy_psychic_crysta.jpg

Actually, every single leaked track from the last month contains a portion of The General. Find them and put them together to unlock the song. 

• Like 1

I love the background vocals Axl did in Quick Song. Love it when he uses his voice as another instrument. Also love the ooh oohs in the song. Now THAT could be a timeless rock song right there. Listening to the chorus of Sorry is so badass. Those guitars are gnarly. The song could’ve been better with a different delivery. 

23 minutes ago, Jakey Styley said:

Actually, every single leaked track from the last month contains a portion of The General. Find them and put them together to unlock the song. 

They’re all the General just like every song is about Slash.

Therefore The General is Slash

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ax1 said:

If you like Shank you would love Meta-matic with Buckethead.

Love it

I immediately thought of jump man listening to shanklers! 

• Like 1

Hmmm...liked this version of "Sorry" better.  I felt Axl's lyrics on the CD version diminished the song.  One of the few times I've felt this way.

Baz was right about sorry, I guess he was used to the earlier raw version before it was mixed and had its balls chopped off

• GNFNR 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Underhardy said:

I love the background vocals Axl did in Quick Song. Love it when he uses his voice as another instrument. Also love the ooh oohs in the song. Now THAT could be a timeless rock song right there. Listening to the chorus of Sorry is so badass. Those guitars are gnarly. The song could’ve been better with a different delivery. 

Yeah, quick song is so cool. I had Evader mix for me my favourite guitar solo takes (5,11, and 16) on Axl’s scream on take 2, it’s super cool! 

Is the Robin’s solo of this version identical to take 2, just modified in the studio to a Lower key and distorted? Also, u can hear Axl’s take 2 vocals (lowered) that are missing from this version. 

Edited by TrixAreForKids

18 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

Baz was right about sorry, I guess he was used to the earlier raw version before it was mixed and had its balls chopped off

The first time I heard this version of Sorry I was just like “Oh, so this is what Baz was referring to!”

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

The first time I heard this version of Sorry I was just like “Oh, so this is what Baz was referring to!”

So it was Death Metal?

43 minutes ago, Billly B said:

So it was Death Metal?

He described it as doom metal, not death metal. But I definitely hear that in this version - the fuzzy, heavy guitars in the chorus scream early Sabbath so much more than the neutered version on the album. 

9 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

He described it as doom metal, not death metal. But I definitely hear that in this version - the fuzzy, heavy guitars in the chorus scream early Sabbath so much more than the neutered version on the album. 

Sorry it has been so many years, I remember scoffing at him after it was released.

• GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, Billly B said:

Sorry it has been so many years, I remember scoffing at him after it was released.

We all did. Then when I heard the version on this latest disc, my first thought was "Shit! This must've been the version Bach heard!" 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1