Rough Mixes CD #2 Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

17 minutes ago, laoi said:

I cannot get over the difference between shank and shack-lers

My mind is blown! 

Hands down the most exciting few weeks in Gnr land since 2007/8 for me and yes, I include the reformation in that! 

If you like Shank you would love Meta-matic with Buckethead.

I love the background vocals Axl did in Quick Song. Love it when he uses his voice as another instrument. Also love the ooh oohs in the song. Now THAT could be a timeless rock song right there. Listening to the chorus of Sorry is so badass. Those guitars are gnarly. The song could’ve been better with a different delivery. 

23 minutes ago, Jakey Styley said:

Actually, every single leaked track from the last month contains a portion of The General. Find them and put them together to unlock the song. 

They’re all the General just like every song is about Slash.

Therefore The General is Slash

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Underhardy said:

I love the background vocals Axl did in Quick Song. Love it when he uses his voice as another instrument. Also love the ooh oohs in the song. Now THAT could be a timeless rock song right there. Listening to the chorus of Sorry is so badass. Those guitars are gnarly. The song could’ve been better with a different delivery. 

Yeah, quick song is so cool. I had Evader mix for me my favourite guitar solo takes (5,11, and 16) on Axl’s scream on take 2, it’s super cool! 

Is the Robin’s solo of this version identical to take 2, just modified in the studio to a Lower key and distorted? Also, u can hear Axl’s take 2 vocals (lowered) that are missing from this version. 

Edited by TrixAreForKids

18 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

Baz was right about sorry, I guess he was used to the earlier raw version before it was mixed and had its balls chopped off

The first time I heard this version of Sorry I was just like “Oh, so this is what Baz was referring to!”

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Billly B said:

So it was Death Metal?

He described it as doom metal, not death metal. But I definitely hear that in this version - the fuzzy, heavy guitars in the chorus scream early Sabbath so much more than the neutered version on the album. 

9 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

He described it as doom metal, not death metal. But I definitely hear that in this version - the fuzzy, heavy guitars in the chorus scream early Sabbath so much more than the neutered version on the album. 

Sorry it has been so many years, I remember scoffing at him after it was released.

• GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, Billly B said:

Sorry it has been so many years, I remember scoffing at him after it was released.

We all did. Then when I heard the version on this latest disc, my first thought was "Shit! This must've been the version Bach heard!" 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

• 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, ezosk said:

I was browsing through my backups and have found out I've only backed-up rough mixes #1, #3, #4.
Can anyone ...enlighten... me on the matter?
appreciate in advance.

Tracklist:

P.R.L. (the rumored album title for CDII) 

Eye on You 

If the World 

Mustache

Quick Song 

Zodiac 13

Tonto

Realdoll.com

Shackler's Revenge 

I'm Sorry

• Like 1

I was just listening to RM#2 again the other day for the first time in ages. It’s not my favorite of 1-4, but it’s the most interesting I think. There’s some good songs in the making there, and interesting to hear the rough outline for Shackler’s, the far superior version of Sorry, and just how complete ITW so long before we even knew it existed. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

"Realdoll.com" would be a great instrumental outro album closer song if they released CD back in 2001-2002. Totally fits that line-up... all it needs is some Axl rants on it and some movie quotes samples. I can totally see Buckethead dancing while the song is playing lol 

Edited by DarkLotus1111
  • Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

I just listened to the Rough Mixes and the album Version of Shackler's Revenge. How the hell could the guitar tone change so much? The bass also sounded better on the Demo version.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Amir said:

The Sorry instrumental hits like a ton of bricks, so fucking powerful.

But the highlight for me is unironically Eye On You. Add some guitars to the second half and it'd be one of my favourite GNR tracks.

Makes me really happy we have the CD multitracks. Mixing those vocals into the RM#2 instrumental is perfect. It totally makes sense the “doom metal” comments Bach made back in the day after hearing that. 

• Like 3

Back when these came out I made a mix CD of the leaks that were good enough to listen to (as in new songs we never heard before) I got one CD's worth. The rest of the demos were terrible or unfinished. I listen to it all the time. It's better than Chinese Democracy. This is  my list.

Quick song (w/ vocals), Perhaps, Atlas Shrugged, Hardschool, State of Grace, Eye on You, Nothing, Silkworms, Zodiac 13, Dummy, Devious Bastard, The Rebel, Shankler's Revenge, Prom Violence, Oklahoma, Me & My Elvis, and D Tune.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 31illusions said:

Back when these came out I made a mix CD of the leaks that were good enough to listen to (as in new songs we never heard before) I got one CD's worth. The rest of the demos were terrible or unfinished. I listen to it all the time. It's better than Chinese Democracy. This is  my list.

Quick song (w/ vocals), Perhaps, Atlas Shrugged, Hardschool, State of Grace, Eye on You, Nothing, Silkworms, Zodiac 13, Dummy, Devious Bastard, The Rebel, Shankler's Revenge, Prom Violence, Oklahoma, Me & My Elvis, and D Tune.

D Tune is amazing! 

• GNFNR 1