Someone with some editing skills should really make a great video from this performance. I'm so fucking jealous, seen them 19 times already but never my favourite song...

And just when I was thinking of going to less shows when they come back to Europe they play this tune

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Not going to lie....I was impressed by this. Ironically one of the harder songs yet sounded like one of the best vocal wise. It’s always been in my top 5. 

Edited by Trin9498
  • GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, Trin9498 said:

Not going to lie....I was impressed by this. Ironically one of the harder songs yet sounded like one of the best vocal wise. It’s always been in my top 5. 

It's one of GNRs coolest songs in my opinion. It I were to describe it..funk metal? And the lyrics are just plain badass.

• Like 3

It's so freakingly awesome that they played Locomotive, it's one of my favorite songs and I thought they really did a great job on it. Better than expected and dare I say that Axl sounded better than when he sang it in '92. Real exciting with them throwing in some of these UYI deep cuts, it's something that I've missed on the setlist.

• Like 1

The "International Federation of the Phonographic Industry" can fuck off with their copyright strikes.

• Like 2

i don't get it

how in the fuck can you get striked for phone-recording a concert. What the actual fuck is going on

On 10/9/2019 at 2:14 AM, Nosaj Thing said:

I’m too late :max:

If someone have the audio version (mp3)..please, PM me. Thanks.

45 minutes ago, Derick said:

I’m too late :max:

If someone have the audio version (mp3)..please, PM me. Thanks.

watch before they take it down

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, rendestroi95 said:

watch before they take it down

It’s disgusting how that is how we have to subtitle each video we post on here

• Like 1

God dammit. All videos are down and I'm pulling my hair out to find one that still exists so I can finally hear what I wanted to for years! Anyone got a working link? 

On 13/10/2019 at 1:47 AM, Gibbo said:

:slash: :takethat:

Guns N' Roses - Locomotive - Live At Wichita 2019 [Fransad] https://bittubers.com/post/732e872b-adc4-4160-bc55-a80f1d5ca89d

Awesome. Thanks!

I must agree the band sounds really tight. Even Axl sounds ok for the majority of the song. But it must be a joke when people state that he sounds better than in 92. 

• Like 1

Cool moments from this song that kind of don't have anything to do with the music.  From the Gibbo vid, I liked the following:

1) Frank's reaction during the last 2 seconds of the song.  Seemed happy that they pulled it off, and also relieved, and also like he had fun playing it too.

2) From 5:35-6:01 Slash looks like his feet are in concrete.  He looks like one of those animatronics at Chuck E. Cheeses.  And I don't mean this in a negative way, I just thought it was noteworthy because it shows how much concentration and focus he (and presumably the rest of the band) had to put in to pull off a song of this caliber that they haven't played in close to 30 years.

3) The smile/smirk Duff has on his face from 1:22-1:27 appeared to me like he couldn't believe they were actually playing this song.  Almost like disbelief it was actually happening, but happy it was.

4) From 2:05-2:10 it almost looks like Duff is smiling again, but trying to make eye contact with Axl almost like "Dude, I can't believe we're playing this right now!"

Anyway, just my interpretation of some of the moments outside of the music.  Pretty cool to see.  Probably won't have a live moment like that again with GNR.  Only other moments that were similar were when they played Coma in 2016 and Estranged in 2011.

• Like 2

On 10/10/2019 at 8:28 PM, StrangerInThisTown said:

Anyone else think "If love is blind I guess I'll buy myself a cane" is one of Axls best lyrics?

This song is probably his best lyrically out of the entire GNR catalog in my opinion. 

Little nitpick:  Slash has absolutely forgotten to neck bend his Gibson when the outro starts and he's not using his wah pedal anymore.  :(