Carl "the Cuban" Ruiz

Anyone who has watched "Guy's Grocery Games" knows Carl the Cuban Ruiz. He had a great personality and was so funny. He was an excellent cook and often won on GGG when he competed.

The cause of death is not known yet. He was only 44 years old. He owned a few restaurants too. 

Guy tweeted about losing his dear friend.

This saddens me so much. Another good guy gone too soon.

Oh this is so sad. He was one of my favourite judges, right up there with Arti and Demaris. He was so full of life and good energy. And just yesterday I was making a toasted sub, the bun was too thick so I scooped out some bread just like Ruiz taught me. Learned a lot about sandwich construction from him. His smiles so contagious that Im even smiling now.

RIP

I know it was shocking to read about it. I did love him too. He was funny and a great chef and so fair to other cooks. He will be missed so much.

Did you watch The Masked Singer? Never would have guessed the eagle. lol I guess anyone can be a singer for a day. 

I also think the penguin is Sherry Shepard. She sounds just like her. Guess time will tell?

On October 10, 2019 at 1:01 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I know it was shocking to read about it. I did love him too. He was funny and a great chef and so fair to other cooks. He will be missed so much.

Did you watch The Masked Singer? Never would have guessed the eagle. lol I guess anyone can be a singer for a day. 

I also think the penguin is Sherry Shepard. She sounds just like her. Guess time will tell?

I did finish the first episode! I had no guess and I dont know many stars it turns out! lol. I wont be guessing but its fun to watch still! :headbang:

5 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Poor Carl had a heart problem.  Still so sad to see him gone too soon.

I gotta admit, I kinda figured it might be a heart issue. Chef culture can be a very unhealthy space, unfortunately. :( 

He was one of my absolute favourites. So sad. GGG will never be the same.