Axl´s music influence nowdays?

Do you still think that Axl are still into the industrial/synth genere? I don´t think so. It seams that he is more in to classic rock again. (my opinion) I think that if something from all the leaks will be used it will be more classic sound and reworked.. Or maybe it´s just whishful thinking ;) What do you think? 

Edited by --DEA--

1 minute ago, --DEA-- said:

Do you still think that Axl are still into the industrial/synth genere? I don´t think so. It seams that he is more in to classic rock again. (my opinion) I think that if someting from all the leaks will be used it will be more classic sound and reworked.. Or maybe it´s just whishful thinking ;) What do you think? 

If "Rock the Rock" from Looney Tunes is any indication, I don't think he is. LOL....

Seriously, the whole industrial-rock-metal genre has passed on much like "grunge" music did. Still artists out there making music in this genre, but it's far from the mainstream spotlight at this point.

He may still like that music but won't let it come out into new Guns material. Slash and Duff probably wouldn't be into it, since Duff at least didn't want to work on Oh My God. 

I play in a black metal band and I like classic rock and ambient music, etc, but I don't bring it into my band's music.

6 minutes ago, SlashisGOD said:

He may still like that music but won't let it come out into new Guns material. Slash and Duff probably wouldn't be into it, since Duff at least didn't want to work on Oh My God

I play in a black metal band and I like classic rock and ambient music, etc, but I don't bring it into my band's music.

Back in 98 you mean? Duff and Slash may be way more open to non classic rock sounding songs now. Not that they'd want to make a whole album like that, but I wouldn't be shocked if they put out some non traditional rock songs on a future release under the Guns banner

I would like them to try to remake that magic moment they once had and just make a new wonderful album :) I think thay can do it if they are ready to work together and look back at all the great things. In the end it´s what their fans want I guess.

4 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Back in 98 you mean? Duff and Slash may be way more open to non classic rock sounding songs now. Not that they'd want to make a whole album like that, but I wouldn't be shocked if they put out some non traditional rock songs on a future release under the Guns banner

Agreed. Slash and Duff are a lot more open minded musically than most people would think. I've stated before that they're music fans themselves and would most likely appreciate the diversity. 

6 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Agreed. Slash and Duff are a lot more open minded musically than most people would think. I've stated before that they're music fans themselves and would most likely appreciate the diversity. 

But are they open minded to industrial music? I hope they are not. It feels so passe. 

16 minutes ago, --DEA-- said:

But are they open minded to industrial music? I hope they are not. It feels so passe. 

Fair point. I'd like some sort of evolution I suppose, I don't want another AFD. I think Atlas, Perhaps, Better, TWAT, IRS, and Soul Monster are all good examples of that evolution.

I don’t even think you can call industrial rock music a genre today, just like theres no new metal. Please correct me if I’m wrong but I think there’s only a few bands doing something that would resemble what industrial rock was.

Axl wanted to do something different in the 90s and since he enjoyed that style he had the great idea (not!) of doing something similar with GNR.

I think the lesson here is: don’t be a veterinarian just because you like dogs.

Slash and Duff both rehearsed Oh My God, is that right? Or was it Silkworms? I cant remember.

Industrial rock as a genre, I doubt. Nine Inch Nails is still making interesting music. There's some new artists like Meg Myers who are kinda influenced by this and releasing some interesting industrial flavors too. 

I would say that after AC/DC and Slash and Duff, Axl should be way more excited about the classic rock sound now. But I do believe he was more into Queen than NIN anyways. And after the movie, seems like more kids are into Queen.

Edited by Voodoochild

37 minutes ago, default_ said:

I dont think Axl even listen to music aside, maybe, classical and film scores these days. Guy just doesnt seems interested in music at all. 

I disagree! If you are into music of course you will listen to music. 

In interviews of the last ten years or so, Axl has mentioned that he listens to movie soundtracks, old blues, 70s stuff and that he likes The Black Keys from newer bands.

He also must be into listening to some country music currently. He said Wichita Lineman was his favourite song to play last year, and he had asked to meet Chris Stapleton when he opened for GnR in 2016.

I hope he was inspired by his stint with AC/DC. I personally think for the most part he is best at ass kicking hard rock.. I would love an album that has the balls of AC/DC and Appetite.. That is what his voice sounds the best at these days anyway.  I wouldn't mind one Epic Slash/Axl song but I think this first album back should be lean, mean and in your face for the most part. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, SlashisGOD said:

He may still like that music but won't let it come out into new Guns material. Slash and Duff probably wouldn't be into it, since Duff at least didn't want to work on Oh My God. 

Im sure axl with the leaks and when he worked on those songs instrumentals probably has gotten the industrial music out of his system by now.

17 hours ago, Sosso said:

I do remember that he liked the Pirates of the Caribbean score, though 

Axl likes all things Disney. He does these impressions of Mickey Mouse singing Guns N' Roses songs, classic :lol:

No but I don't know, it's hard to get inspired by today's music. Actually, it's hard to find something interesting at all nowadays. Every song and singer sounds the same, it all lacks talent, effort and inspiration. It's depressing really.