Guns n Roses Ban Fan From Shows Due to Song Leaks (Link)

14 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

I was going to say, eh not a big loss as you already know what the setlist will be...but now they are actually playing some deep cuts...sorry Chairman!

Conspiracy Theory: They will now play deep cuts live to spite the Chairman. Thoughts?

If so, then we need to figure out how to get more leakers banned, and we need to do it before I see them Sunday night!  If we get 10 banned do they break out something like 'Get in the Ring'?  Sorry, to Rick, couldn't help myself.  Although I consider GNR my favorite band I'm not the over the top fan that guys like Rick are, and I can't imagine not being able to go see them ever again... brutal... just brutal...

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

I was going to say, eh not a big loss as you already know what the setlist will be...but now they are actually playing some deep cuts...sorry Chairman!

Conspiracy Theory: They will now play deep cuts live to spite the Chairman. Thoughts?

The Chairman isn't Rick though. 

• Like 1

I wonder how aware Axl is about all of this? I mean adding Hard School to the setlist with our without the song itself leaking, I can't imagine he would not be aware it is out there along with the Village Session disks, but I am curious how clued in he is about it all like with the Rick situation and the storage locker story

Just now, WhazUp said:

I wonder how aware Axl is about all of this? I mean adding Hard School to the setlist with our without the song itself leaking, I can't imagine he would not be aware it is out there along with the Village Session disks, but I am curious how clued in he is about it all like with the Rick situation and the storage locker story

Probably doesn't know all the stuff about Rick. I think this is all TB.

Best way to publicize leaks? 

Create an interesting news event by threatening to have someone arrested for attending gigs. 

1 minute ago, WhazUp said:

I'm still convinced Hard School is on there as an in-joke, just like Oh My God was. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Best way to publicize leaks? 

Create an interesting news event by threatening to have someone arrested for attending gigs. 

I'm still convinced Hard School is on there as an in-joke, just like Oh My God was. 

Although Oh My God was for sure soundchecked in 2011 - there is that one video of it.  But I can't imagine they would rehearse then soundcheck and add the song to their tour setlist for trolling purposes - that would be too cruel :lol:  With Hard School I find it plausible because it is by far one of the most old-GNR sounding CD era outtakes we have heard and Slash has confirmed GNR has been working on new stuff lately

Who knows if the leaks convinced them to finally add it though, the timing is really overlapping between the two

8 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Probably doesn't know all the stuff about Rick. I think this is all TB.

That is what I am thinking, Axl knows what leaked but probably is hands off regarding all of this including Rick's banning.  

Edited by WhazUp

6 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Although Oh My God was for sure soundchecked in 2011 - there is that one video of it.  But I can't imagine they would rehearse then soundcheck and add the song to their tour setlist for trolling purposes - that would be too cruel :lol:  With Hard School I find it plausible because it is by far one of the most old-GNR sounding CD era outtakes we have heard and Slash has confirmed GNR has been working on new stuff lately

Who knows if the leaks convinced them to finally add it though, the timing is really overlapping between the two

That is what I am thinking, Axl knows what leaked but probably is hands off regarding all of this including Rick's banning.  

Oh My God was sound checked?! I never knew that, let alone knew there was a video! 

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah, it's been discussed to death already but we might as have one place for discussion seeing as more and more press outlets seem to be picking the story up. 

As expected. We've been saying since we heard about what happened: this is newsworthy in itself, and now it will bring more attention to the leaks that the mainstream media overlooked. 

Way to handle a situation and generate a PR shitstorm, GNR. :facepalm:

• GNFNR 1

Just now, Voodoochild said:

As expected. We've been saying since we heard about what happened: this is newsworthy in itself, and now it will bring more attention to the leaks that the mainstream media overlooked. 

Way to handle a situation and generate a PR shitstorm, GNR. :facepalm:

...and what's also important is that 99 per cent of 'fans' don't care less about these leaks. Unreleased versions of CD era tracks and instrumentals really are the domain of forum-dwellers and obsessives. Even the 'new tracks' are greeted with indifference due to them featuring band members most 'fans' couldn't point out in a crowd. Doing things like this just gives publicity and fuel  to something that would have burnt out quickly on it's own. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

We said the same when we saw Slither in the alt setlist in 2017 - boom a year later there it was

True.....but Slither always seemed far more believable than them playing Oh My God. It would take them playing it for me to believe it was ever even rehearsed and in contention. 

Did Rick really expect TB to welcome him with open arms when he publicises buying material that would then subsequently leak? What exactly is the general public supposed to take away from this when they read these news stories? Don't get involved in the illegal market of buying and hoarding unreleased music or you'll get banned? Seems pretty reasonable tbh

Edited by Azifwekare
  • Like 3