Guns n Roses Ban Fan From Shows Due to Song Leaks (Link)

13 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Two different topics. If you buy something you own it. It’s your property. If it’s stolen property and you distribute it, then it’s illegal.  No point oh continuing to beat this topic to death. 

Its a very simple thing to understand. 

The guy was paid money in good faith. 

Now he is seeking attention, fame and fortune at the bands expense. 

The band and its management are protecting their interests. 

Thats what any person or business would do, to ensure they are not opening themselves up to further attempts to be taken advantage of and distancing themselves from this person and their behaviour. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cineater said:

He's gone from the band just being mad at him to, is this guy going to turn into a psycho?

Nah doubt that very much. He's just beyond obsessed with gnr. Never understood super fans myself. Not something I'd ever do even if I was mega wealthy

37 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

Thats what any person or business would do, to ensure they are not opening themselves up to further attempts to be taken advantage of and distancing themselves from this person and their behaviour. 

And people wonder why management have issues with the forums. These are some of the people they deal with. Not the best motivation to make things better 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kiwiguns said:

I'm just catching up on this story now.

GNR gave him money?

2 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

I'm just catching up on this story now.

GNR gave him money?

Yeah. The story goes that they gave him the money to give back to the investors that helped him raise the $15k to buy the CDs. 

The idea was they they would all get their money back so, but not receive the contents of the CDs.

Needless to say, things do not go according to plan lol

1 hour ago, Crowebar said:

Nah doubt that very much. He's just beyond obsessed with gnr. Never understood super fans myself. Not something I'd ever do even if I was mega wealthy

Yeah, I don't get that either.  Dead fan here but it's never been more than the music to what I'm doing.  Granted it makes what I'm doing so much better.

I'll travel for a concert but I'm going with friends and it's the trip with a whole bunch of shit planned.

4 hours ago, Crowebar said:

Yeah all of the above plus gets arrested. I don't understand why he insists on telegraphing his every move. Makes me think this whole thing is just one gigantic troll and he's somehow part of it but highly unlikely 

I would think he's just saying he's gonna be there, but is actually staying at home. Then he posts a picture of one of his previous concert and say he was there for real, just to sound like he's defying the band.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah. The story goes that they gave him the money to give back to the investors that helped him raise the $15k to buy the CDs. 

The idea was they they would all get their money back so, but not receive the contents of the CDs.

Needless to say, things do not go according to plan lol

Hahaha

No doubt, on all accounts. 

55 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I would think he's just saying he's gonna be there, but is actually staying at home. Then he posts a picture of one of his previous concert and say he was there for real, just to sound like he's defying the band.

Well going by his fb he's either there or one of his friends is there and is relaying him pics because I just saw one of the festival stage guns is playing on 😂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Crowebar said:

I'm beyond obsessed with Slash and GnR also but you don't see me doing stupid things like this. He's just asking for trouble at this point.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

The dumb thing is rick is buying merch and still lining the bands and TBs pockets!.

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Could somebody please outline this whole story for me in like two sentences or so? Feel free to use faul language if you like. Thanks. 

From what we know: Guy buys unreleased music and spread all over the internet hes the buyer. Guy is contacted by TB and hand over his copies and get his $ back.

Stuff leaks anyway cause the original owner of the locker content still had the originals and was still selling it.

The guy that TB contacted gets the blame and is banned from concerts.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, default_ said:

From what we know: Guy buys unreleased music and spread all over the internet hes the buyer. Guy is contacted by TB and hand over his copies and get his $ back.

Stuff leaks anyway cause the original owner of the locker content still had the originals and was still selling it.

The guy that TB contacted gets the blame and is banned from concerts.

Oh so it's still this locker thing, I thought it was something brand new. Thanks. 

I don't want GnR or their people to know my name, address, phone number, etc. Just like I am not interested in their names, address,  phone numbers.                        I bought a ticket to the show and got what I paid them for. A concert.                      If GNR releases new music or not, makes no difference in my job. They dont have to or anything.  It is no money in my pocket. They do their jobs and I have a job to do.  I do not participate in any social media. I just cannot. It wigs me out.  Itis strange to me. If I grew up in that era of social media maybe,maybe  but my personality and life, it would be set to private. I don't want people who are not in my life now to know my whereabouts and business.    I don't want to know theirs either   There  is a reason why.                                                                My post is aimed at no one . Not a soul. I am just generally speaking about myself.     I am just generally speaking about myself and social media, just stuff about myself and GnR. 

Edited by Amaya
  • Like 2

On 10/12/2019 at 12:01 PM, gunsguy said:

While that would be awesome what would you do to people that share your unreleased music?

nothing.. but welcome to the internet. I'd personally leak a few that would become promotion for the best one's on the album. give the leakers a few songs and bring out the best. it's not hard to keep songs "in house" over a year or so... but we're talking nearly 20yrs here. shit always stinks after that amount of time.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Route66 said:

nothing.. but welcome to the internet. I'd personally leak a few that would become promotion for the best one's on the album. give the leakers a few songs and bring out the best. it's not hard to keep songs "in house" over a year or so... but we're talking nearly 20yrs here. shit always stinks after that amount of time.

You know what? You're right. Axl had a clear no-camera policy before. He had to accept it now that everyone has a camera in their pockets. It's time for the band to move on and embrace the Internet - and I'm not talking about giving the songs for free on MySpace, but trully explore the possibilities of new business models. Leaks happen, the way you deal with that is just offer an easy and official way to consume the same product.

• Like 1