Guns n Roses Ban Fan From Shows Due to Song Leaks (Link)

12 hours ago, Legendador said:

By the time (and if) they release Hardschool, Perhaps, Atlas, As It Begin properly they will feel as old as the 2006 Better!

I will say im amused that fans are willing to accept 20 year old songs recorded by a different band (I guess anything from this band will do). But for me it feels wrong. For one its incredibly lazy and a bad sign for the creativity of this lineup and two Slash and Duff are established musicians. Are they really going to sully themselves by miming the replacements (pun intended) work? 

• GNFNR 1

6 hours ago, thunderram said:

It should be quite apparent by now that AXL doesn't care whether it does or doesn't.

He and the original members in general have remained consistent in making whatever choices they believe in -- regardless who is might piss off or offend. And that's exactly what's helped make the band what they are and have been for nearly 35 years.

Fans don't have to like it. But it shouldn't be a surprise or unexpected. At all.

With few notable exceptions, this band has always done what it wants to do and how it wants to do it. Even if that means doing nothing at all. Especially AXL.

In other news, water is wet.

I'm not sure anyone was surprised about it, but anyways..

I dont think you really understand what I was talking about. I'm not saying I was expecting Axl/GNR/TB to care about the brand. I'm stating my opinion: it's a bad PR move. This is a message board and we are allowed to state opinions, right? 

Of course they dont care about it, hence the toy trucks and laundry bag, the lack of proper communications with fans, the absurd copyright strikes. But I disagree, this is not what helped the band IMO. Sure, maybe in the 1987-1992 timeframe, but after that, it only depreciated it. People love the band besides that, not because of that. 

On 2019-10-15 at 1:23 PM, ChildOfTheMoon said:

I find it bizarre how many people think of Axl as a puppet, basically controlled by anyone, since we all know his history and personality!

Many people think of him as a muppet, not puppet. That may be where your confusion is.

Edited by Powderfinger

21 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

I'm not sure anyone was surprised about it, but anyways..

I dont think you really understand what I was talking about. I'm not saying I was expecting Axl/GNR/TB to care about the brand. I'm stating my opinion: it's a bad PR move. This is a message board and we are allowed to state opinions, right? 

Of course they dont care about it, hence the toy trucks and laundry bag, the lack of proper communications with fans, the absurd copyright strikes. But I disagree, this is not what helped the band IMO. Sure, maybe in the 1987-1992 timeframe, but after that, it only depreciated it. People love the band besides that, not because of that.

Understood.

I thought this guy said he contacted the band was paid money for the music back and signed agreements. Once the music then leaked he was in violation of what he signed and the band gave him the money for nothing. Now of course he is saying others he bought with leaked it but oddly he was the only one I know of to sign off on things.

There is more to this than there seems. 

On 16/10/2019 at 3:41 AM, -W.A.R- said:

I will say im amused that fans are willing to accept 20 year old songs recorded by a different band (I guess anything from this band will do). But for me it feels wrong. For one its incredibly lazy and a bad sign for the creativity of this lineup and two Slash and Duff are established musicians. Are they really going to sully themselves by miming the replacements (pun intended) work? 

I agree with you 100%! But then again, this is Axl's band, it was never a functional band to begin with, they always did things differently from other bands, but the real thing is: it is not up to us to accept that! What are we gonna do? There are still a lot of fans that will buy it, so you lose some, you gain some.

Those are 20 year old songs to Axl and Dizzy, but for Slash and Duff and the fans they might be "new" ones. To me, I lost interest already, being hearing them nonstop I'm already like "ok, next..."

But then again: I listen to Locomotive. Coma, Rocket Queen for almost 30 years and I never get tired. I don't know why's that, maybe the whole process thin sound of all ChiDem song feels dated, but hell, even the locomotive demo feels better, punchier and heavier than all the official and non-official ChiDem leaks.

Edited by Legendador
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Legendador said:

But then again: I listen to Locomotive. Coma, Rocket Queen for almost 30 years and I never get tired. I don't know why's that, maybe the whole process thin sound of all ChiDem song feels dated, but hell, even the locomotive demo feels better, punchier and heavier than all the official and non-official ChiDem leaks.

I'd say this not the sound itself, but your own feelings on what it represents.

I love AFD. Rocket Queen was my favorite GNR song for a long time. But the drums had that reverb and 80s sound that feel it way more dated than anything on CD in my opinion. I'm ok with that, I listen to Beatles and Hendrix a lot, both had some sound quality that feels exactly from the era they were recorded. 

I do have a problem with Shadow of Your Love sound and mix though. I mean, by itself I think it sounds awesome. With the rest of AFD, it sticks out a lot.

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

I'd say this not the sound itself, but your own feelings on what it represents.

I love AFD. Rocket Queen was my favorite GNR song for a long time. But the drums had that reverb and 80s sound that feel it way more dated than anything on CD in my opinion. I'm ok with that, I listen to Beatles and Hendrix a lot, both had some sound quality that feels exactly from the era they were recorded. 

I do have a problem with Shadow of Your Love sound and mix though. I mean, by itself I think it sounds awesome. With the rest of AFD, it sticks out a lot.

It’s a thin line where you can’t scape the times and technology you have available and can make great use of it, but also not exaggerating too much so it sounds dated the next year. That’s what CD and Hardschool are for me. It’s so dated and it represents a sound that back then was already not very tasteful. The Illusions drums also bother me.

2 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

So he enjoys wasting money on shows he will not have a hope in hell of getting into?

accord Rick he was in Lincoln show, i don't  know if it is real. He seem an basket case, is an "bad obssesion".......

Edited by Ratam
Add some
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

It’s a thin line where you can’t scape the times and technology you have available and can make great use of it, but also not exaggerating too much so it sounds dated the next year. That’s what CD and Hardschool are for me. It’s so dated and it represents a sound that back then was already not very tasteful. The Illusions drums also bother me.

I think it's a matter of personal opinion too. I guess you dont like CD-era songs, right? Nothing wrong with that, just asking. 

The only thing I feel sounds dated on CD to me are the drum sample beats and Shackler's guitars. And the mixing, I used to be ok with it before but now I really hate how it buried so much thing and stripped the dynamics of the original arrangements.

I do love the overall sound of the Illusions and TSI. Those are the best sounding GNR records to my ears and not dated at all.

6 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I think it's a matter of personal opinion too. I guess you dont like CD-era songs, right? Nothing wrong with that, just asking. 

The only thing I feel sounds dated on CD to me are the drum sample beats and Shackler's guitars. And the mixing, I used to be ok with it before but now I really hate how it buried so much thing and stripped the dynamics of the original arrangements.

I do love the overall sound of the Illusions and TSI. Those are the best sounding GNR records to my ears and not dated at all.

Sure, no problem.

I think some songs have potential, but I don’t like the final product. Axl has a tendency to get lost, make everything too big, dramatic and overproduced, which I don’t like at all. He lacks in objectivity and that’s why he works great with Duff, Slash and Izzy.

I love the Illusions, it’s the album that made me fall in love with the band, but not so much the drums, which I think still has that 80s drums sound, but the albums are great anyway.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

Sure, no problem.

I think some songs have potential, but I don’t like the final product. Axl has a tendency to get lost, make everything too big, dramatic and overproduced, which I don’t like at all. He lacks in objectivity and that’s why he works great with Duff, Slash and Izzy.

I love the Illusions, it’s the album that made me fall in love with the band, but not so much the drums, which I think still has that 80s drums sound, but the albums are great anyway.

I get what you're saying. Yeah. The "too big, dramatic and overproduced" thing to me is at its worst in This I Love. 

In comparison to the grunge albums from the same era, the Illusions sound are way better to me. Dont mind the drums, but I hated the live sound of the band in the Illusions tour.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I get what you're saying. Yeah. The "too big, dramatic and overproduced" thing to me is at its worst in This I Love. 

In comparison to the grunge albums from the same era, the Illusions sound are way better to me. Dont mind the drums, but I hated the live sound of the band in the Illusions tour.

I HATE This I Love with all my heart. 😄

I hope for the next album Axl drops that obsession with the epic long dramatic songs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ratam said:

accord Rick he was in Lincoln show, i don't  know if it is real. He seem an basket case, is an "bad obssesion".......

I saw somewhere that he was just trolling with those pics and he wasn't actually there. A friend's pictures. But who knows.

• Like 1

The notion that some fans on here have, that it’s ok to leak things because the band hasn’t released an album in over a decades is absurd. 
People can accuse axl and tb of lots of things (and they are probably right on a lot of those things) but to suggest they shouldn’t be annoyed by this, or that they have acted inappropriately by banning rick is also absurd. 
rick comes across as a little smart arse and regardless of whether he leaked that stuff or not, he was bragging about it and at worst he’s a shitty fan who deserves what he gets, at best a gullible “super fan” who still looks like a prat. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Lio said:

I saw somewhere that he was just trolling with those pics and he wasn't actually there. A friend's pictures. But who knows.

Thanks, i don't know it.  I just read it in his account twitter. Now in his twitter had people that to stick him just cause them hate Axl or TB, and apparently this people want use to Rick like vengeance for own propose . I just hope that Rick don't heard this people .