Jump to content
papashaun

Guns n Roses Ban Fan From Shows Due to Song Leaks (Link)

Recommended Posts

When these songs leaked, nobody outside the forums gave a shit.

I played the songs for some friends when they leaked, and they liked the songs, but they didn't know about them and didn't care about tracking them down online. One of those same friends texted me a link to the article earlier today though... TB has fucked up yet again by not only bringing significantly more attention to the leaks, but making themselves and the band look like petty fools.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

When these songs leaked, nobody outside the forums gave a shit.

I played the songs for some friends when they leaked, and they liked the songs, but they didn't know about them and didn't care about tracking them down online. One of those same friends texted me a link to the article earlier today though... TB has fucked up yet again by not only bringing significantly more attention to the leaks, but making themselves and the band look like petty fools.

Ehhh I think that’s music in general in 2019. If it’s not readily available to stream it’s not worth the effort. That’s just reality outside of the fanbase 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see both sides on this.

On one hands, there are the fans who want to hear unreleased music from a band that doesn't release any. And there are fans like Rick who go to unbelievably great lengths to obtain that music.

On the other hand, TB have to deal with a situation where someone posts openly about buying unreleased music, and huge anticipation is created among the fanbase that the content is going to leak. TB had basically three options of handling the situation: 1) notify the authorities and/or take civil legal action, 2) try to make a deal behind the scenes in hope that they will prevent the content from leaking  2) do nothing and just let the stuff leak, although one of the protagonists made his and another buyer's identity public. A fourth option would be to do something similar with Radiohead and release it officially, but that's not up to TB; it's up to the label and Axl.

So they went with the second option. They made an agreement and actually the band bought their own material back from Rick, I guess on the condition that they wouldn't leak it/give it to other people. Then, all the stuff leaks, and even though probably there is no proof about who the leaker was, the fan who everybody knows by name, posts about going to a show with a VIP ticket. I guess they could have just let him be. But I'm thinking, if they didn't do anything, wouldn't that encourage anyone who has access to unreleased material to leak it as well - let's say more "significant" material, like stuff that maybe the current lineup has been working on?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think its hysterically funny because of the timing - guaranteed it was axls plan to have slash rework the songs till the end of time and then he could think about finishing them

now he has to start from scratch writing and there is no fucking way he is motivated to do that - this is izzy's moment to save the day!!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Garden of Guns N Roses said:

I thought that the management is responding to the orders given by the artist. 

I any normal band i'd say yes. With GNR nothing happens normally, like releasing music...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to Rick for giving us the leaks anyhow. Somehow the whole thing reminds me of this GIF below. 'Sorry, no Leakers'. **real name removed by mods** is the guy in the left window.

uwod1N_PJztU1JbRZkiBZ4I8Dhc.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

When these songs leaked, nobody outside the forums gave a shit.

I played the songs for some friends when they leaked, and they liked the songs, but they didn't know about them and didn't care about tracking them down online. One of those same friends texted me a link to the article earlier today though... TB has fucked up yet again by not only bringing significantly more attention to the leaks, but making themselves and the band look like petty fools.

YEP. I was saying that earlier today. TB has managed (no pun intended) to take a complete non-story and somehow drum up interest in it. Well done TB!

5 minutes ago, The Garden of Guns N Roses said:

So do you guys think that it was TB's decicion to ban the fan ?

I thought that the management is responding to the orders given by the artist. 

TB (as in, Fernando) made the decision. I'm certain of that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Rick is actually quite lucky. He could be facing legal actions. Instead he got a slap on the wrist with being banned from GNR concerts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

YEP. I was saying that earlier today. TB has managed (no pun intended) to take a complete non-story and somehow drum up interest in it. Well done TB!

TB (as in, Fernando) made the decision. I'm certain of that. 

I always thought that TB were some kind of "yes sayers" when it comes to Axl...doing everything to please him. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Garden of Guns N Roses said:

I always thought that TB were some kind of "yes sayers" when it comes to Axl...doing everything to please him. 

I think that was the main reason why the reunion took so long. They constantly told Axl he was the one in the right and that Slash had to come forward and apologize.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Draguns said:

I think Rick is actually quite lucky. He could be facing legal actions. Instead he got a slap on the wrist with being banned from GNR concerts. 

dude paid so much for this 32 concerts. punishing a superfan for demos is dumb. + TB knows that they doing enough money with concerts now. CD in this leaked form is worthless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

YEP. I was saying that earlier today. TB has managed (no pun intended) to take a complete non-story and somehow drum up interest in it. Well done TB!

TB (as in, Fernando) made the decision. I'm certain of that. 

Fernando was, in my opinion, was also likely the one who was for putting “Hard School” on the alt list. This all can’t be a coincidence. Fernando loves to mess with the fans and abuse his powers.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Fernando was, in my opinion, was also likely the one who was for putting “Hard School” on the alt list. This all can’t be a coincidence. Fernando loves to mess with the fans and abuse his powers.

If the band took the time to actually learn and rehearse the song that's way beyond Fernandos powers and they actually want to play it at some point. Maybe he was the one who suggested it since he read the reactions and saw it got a good reaction. I don't see it going further than that

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Fernando was, in my opinion, was also likely the one who was for putting “Hard School” on the alt list. This all can’t be a coincidence. Fernando loves to mess with the fans and abuse his powers.

Duff posted that setlist on his IG though (with the alt-list half-hidden, but Hardschool could be seen being there). And I don't think Slash and Duff would play Fernando's games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The Garden of Guns N Roses said:

I always thought that TB were some kind of "yes sayers" when it comes to Axl...doing everything to please him. 

 

 

Well.... Yeah. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Creed said:

dude paid so much for this 32 concerts. punishing a superfan for demos is dumb. + TB knows that they doing enough money with concerts now. CD in this leaked form is worthless. 

It doesn't matter how much he paid for the concerts nor how much money the NITL concerts are making. GNR and management have the right to go after him legally, especially if it's true that they paid him to not disseminate the material. It was not a smart move by Rick to go on forums and announce that he was buying the locker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven’t even looked for any of the leaks. Ran into Hard School one day and liked it but haven’t bothered searching for anything else. I’ll be happy to get a well mixed official release one day, but it’s cool that some got to hear the work that was put into the Chinese sessions. This should have been a non story but TB has appeared to take a scratch and turn it into a dead body.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

If the band took the time to actually learn and rehearse the song that's way beyond Fernandos powers and they actually want to play it at some point. Maybe he was the one who suggested it since he read the reactions and saw it got a good reaction. I don't see it going further than that

No video or audio proof of a rehearsal has surfaced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well ... if they were trying to stifle talk about leaks, this was definitely the wrong approach. I don't care that Rick was banned for life, honestly. I don't know the particulars of it. But now he's out there doing interviews and bringing more attention to the leaks, which will in turn cause more fans to go out looking for them. It's all so silly. Record proper versions, master it, release them, and no one but the diehards will give a shit about early leaked versions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I think that was the main reason why the reunion took so long. They constantly told Axl he was the one in the right and that Slash had to come forward and apologize.

Most probably not true, since Beta met Doug Goldstein privately once. Axl was really pissed after that 'affair'. There was most probably reunion talk going on in that hotel room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

No video or audio proof of a rehearsal has surfaced.

A forum user was there and heard it, and @Gibbo confirmed it no? Regardless, that coupled with it being on the alt setlist doesn't make it seem like some ridiculous claim

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×