Guns n Roses Ban Fan From Shows Due to Song Leaks (Link)

8 hours ago, adamsapple said:

No box office, pre-sale only with non transferable personalized tickets.

Exactly and don't be surprised if the GNR use this in the future.PN won't save You 

I know a person Who spend 5 years in jail for this and my telephone had a tap on it because it was a close friend of mine and my vpn was watched to I am sure and a VPN won't save You even If You get a ISP in Iraq.

Edited by 80309561
Spelling Errors

1 hour ago, Crowebar said:

Lol 😂

Yeah ok sure you would've 👍🏻

Like I said, if I had bought at auction, a storage unit, like people do on the storage unit tv shows, yeah I would gave just thrown  the cds away. Not everyone would think , OMG, I have recordings of Axl Rose no more than I woild think, OMG, I have unleased recordings here of The.Rolling Stones. I am missing parts of the story, I guess. Like how could anyone have known it was AR recordings. This story is interesting and confusing to me.

3 hours ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

If I was Rick I would have moved on, disappear from social media for a long time and accept the concert banned instead of seeking attention. I feel GNR management will probably take him on a date to court to screw him with a big fat lawsuit. This is TB we're talking about. They're really good at fucking the fans. 

I think so too. Just move on and dont go to their old shows. It is not worth his time and angst.

Edited by Amaya
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

This is all Zutats fault for  not paying his fucking bills

Why not backtrack even further? If you are gonna go down that route this is all Axls fault for firing Tom Zutaut.

31 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

as far as i know (and i dont know much) the dude did nothing wrong. had he made money of the leaks it would be a different story. im no lawyer but i dont see any grounds for a lawsuit

There's a guy who made money off them though, the original buyer of the locker. And you don't see them coming after him with a lawsuit

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

There's a guy who made money off them though, the original buyer of the locker. And you don't see them coming after him with a lawsuit

We don't know if they haven't gone after him in some way, as most of the other people involved in this crazy story (Zutaut, the original buyer and the buyer of the CD's) have been silent.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

We don't know if they haven't gone after him in some way, as most of the other people involved in this crazy story (Zutaut, the original buyer and the buyer of the CD's) have been silent.

Yeah I guess you're right we wouldn't know that. Kinda funny how firing Zutaut now backfired on Axl, just like firing Niven backfired, the whole GNR story went on a downward spiral after he fired Niven. Clearly Axl fires the good guys lol

1 hour ago, Amaya said:

Like I said, if I had bought at auction, a storage unit, like people do on the storage unit tv shows, yeah I would gave just thrown  the cds away. Not everyone would think , OMG, I have recordings of Axl Rose no more than I woild think, OMG, I have unleased recordings here of The.Rolling Stones. I am missing parts of the story, I guess. Like how could anyone have known it was AR recordings. This story is interesting and confusing to me.

Because every disc had Guns N' Roses written in big letters on the front.

But yeah, you're right, if I had unearthed a locker full of CDs that listed Atlas Shrugged, Thyme, Quick Song, Tonto, Zodiac etc my first thought would have been to just throw it away too. I can't imagine what would have caught Rick's eye.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have visions of GN'R's security staff having a set of ''Most-wanted'' playing cards featuring ''irritant Guns N' Roses fans'', like what the Americans had when they invaded Iraq,

1024px-UNO_graduate_students_visit_Louis

lol. put Xozi, Madison and Rick avatars on those cards! 

Edited by username05

On 11.10.2019 at 7:52 AM, vloors said:

He could have been dragged to the courts, sued or locked up. Banning him from shows is a pretty small consequence for purchasing and distributing unauthorized material. He got a slap on the wrist realistically.

No, he simply got all consequences GNR is able to do. Its not that they decided just to give him a warning or a slap on the wrist instead of taking legal actions. Thing is, you do need evidence for successful legal actions and they don’t got any. For a ban from the shows you don’t need any evidence for anything. All you do need is a ridiculous management and/or a band leader who makes ridiculous decisions. Remember banning a fan from a show because of the fan wearing a Slash shirt?! 

21 hours ago, vloors said:

The other thing people arent getting is this is unauthorised use of intellectual property.

Its illegal to sell or purchase it.

It doesnt matter if gnr never planned to release it. Its still their property and essentially stolen property.

You are not legally allowed to buy or sell a stolen car can you? Same deal with intellectual property.

This is interesting and quite important. Is this a fact in terms of US law? In Germany the legal situation is a bit different, at least more complicated and not as black or white as you described.  

14 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

They don’t want to see him upfront or in VIP 

No chance of seeing any of them in the VIP....

But a VIP ticket would stick him in the front row. 

Im ok with what he did, but man what a dumb way to go down.... 

Brags on the web, sticks a target on his back, buys a VIP ticket that requires his NAME, and heads to a show, tells them he will def be at the next show, there’s no need for a target now... he’s running straight at you! 

Just seems dumb to me. 

I don’t think the chairman is dumb. 

If they paid this guy off to keep schtum and he didn’t he’s a knob. What did he expect would happen, if he pretended he was representing a group and someone else leaked it, he’s still dumb. They made the deal with him. Someone said it was $15,000. Is that true? Or are they mixing that up with the price of the locker? 

Also... 

He. Named. His. Kid. Axl..........

Hey Axl, what was school like today little buddy.... “It was hard dad, hard school” 

Reminds me of that couple who named their kid Metallica.... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, History2010 said:

I'm in the minority of people that thinks he was lucky to only receive a lifetime ban. I am very thankful to whoever got us the new songs but the band is perfectly justified to punish people for having things they aren't supposed to have. 

Talking about intellectual property and seeing your avatar: 

Aren‘t you the guy who’s artwork has been stolen by GNR for one of their lithos?

Edited by zigzagbigbag

9 hours ago, axlrosefan4life said:

Some people that go to every show are friends with certain people in Tb. The moment i walked up they were informed. Also July 13 I did reach out to GNR and informed them of the locker situation and no response so I bought it. 

Did I get you right? You informed TB about the auction regarding the locker CDs but instead of buying the 19 CDs themselves to protect their client from damage, they let some random guy win the auction?