Guns n Roses Ban Fan From Shows Due to Song Leaks (Link)

46 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

No, he simply got all consequences GNR is able to do. Its not that they decided just to give him a warning or a slap on the wrist instead of taking legal actions. Thing is, you do need evidence for successful legal actions and they don’t got any. For a ban from the shows you don’t need any evidence for anything. All you do need is a ridiculous management and/or a band leader who makes ridiculous decisions. Remember banning a fan from a show because of the fan wearing a Slash shirt?! 

It's not that simple. Lawsuits drag for a long time, which means that they're expensive, so, even without solid evidence, the party which can afford them is in advantaged position and the pressure is on the other party only for the fact that they're being put through the inconvenience of getting involved with the legal system, paying fees to lawyers etc.

5 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Did I get you right? You informed TB about the auction regarding the locker CDs but instead of buying the 19 CDs themselves to protect their client from damage, they let some random guy win the auction? 

I guess @axlrosefan4life will clarify it himself, but from what has been known so far, the auction had already happened by then.

52 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It's not that simple. Lawsuits drag for a long time, which means that they're expensive, so, even without solid evidence, the party which can afford them is in advantaged position and the pressure is on the other party only for the fact that they're being put through the inconvenience of getting involved with the legal system, paying fees to lawyers etc.

Totally agree. Nevertheless, stating that Rick just got a slap on his wrist instead of going to jail is still wrong. 

31 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Totally agree. Nevertheless, stating that Rick just got a slap on his wrist instead of going to jail is still wrong. 

Yeah, I don't think he could go to jail, and maybe in the end there wouldn't be enough evidence even for charges to be filed. However, if they decided to instigate a criminal case in addition or instead of a civil suit, there would be still the inconvenience of being investigated, interrogated, having to hire a lawyer to deal with all that, and what not; and I think that would be far more unpleasant than a "ban" from the shows, which can't even be seriously applied, unless Rick makes himself a target again.

I'm not saying that what the band/management did was right. They definitely could have handled the situation better, but it's not that they couldn't have gotten Rick into more trouble had they wanted to.

• Like 2

Amazing to see how the same people who were peeing their pants waiting for the leaks begin bullying and crushing the helpless leaker.

Saying "Rick did something terrible and he deserves the consequences" is the most unfair judgement a fan (so-called?) can do.

Some of you people don't deserve to be fed with the leaks. All you deserve is a super expensive GNR truck toy by Fernando, nothing more.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, zigzagbigbag said:

He’s getting a slap on the wrist compared to being possibly bankrupted by legal fees/damages. That’s if they or more importantly the Label/RIAA don’t pursue anything against him. If they do, I’d feel bad for the guy and his family. That’s not a situation to take lightly. I don’t think anyone here wants that for him. We’re just stating the reality. 

The leaks are great for this community. I’m sure the majority would support the band in any official way. It doesn’t seem to affect the band outside of this circle. However being public about your involvement and possible intentions isn’t the best strategy to go about it. Everyone knew and was using his name publicly within a few hours of his update.

It’s a situation where you’re allowed to feel multiple ways about it. I hope for Rick this is the extent of it. If I were to give advice, I’d say just accept it and move on. Don’t poke the bear. If you must attend shows, get seats off the floor and don’t line up pre show at the gate. Head in around show time with the masses and you prob won’t be caught 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Rose and his sycophants don't understand the ''Streisand Effect''. Remember when they tried to get all of those Rose fat pictures taken down, which merely ended up with everyone re-posting those same fat pictures haha. 

The Streisand Effect is one of many things that TB don't understand. 

As of now, it looks they're gonna get off easy with the current situation though. Only a few media outlets have picked up this story so far. Unless it blows up today through Monday, I think it'll get relatively swept under the rug. 

If you sue someone criminally, the prosecution has the burden of proving intent and, proving it beyond a reasonable doubt.

As a standard of proof, that would be like a 90-95% certainty - kinda steep.

But civilly, the standard of proof is “preponderance of the evidence.” That means, more likely than not likely. That would be anything over 51%. So, it is fairly easy to win in tort cases where someone has done you wrong...however...

In civil cases, you can only sue people for money and if the person you’re suing doesn’t have any...well...as the old saying goes, “you can’t draw blood from a stone.”

11 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

No chance of seeing any of them in the VIP....

But a VIP ticket would stick him in the front row. 

Im ok with what he did, but man what a dumb way to go down.... 

Brags on the web, sticks a target on his back, buys a VIP ticket that requires his NAME, and heads to a show, tells them he will def be at the next show, there’s no need for a target now... he’s running straight at you! 

Just seems dumb to me. 

I don’t think the chairman is dumb. 

If they paid this guy off to keep schtum and he didn’t he’s a knob. What did he expect would happen, if he pretended he was representing a group and someone else leaked it, he’s still dumb. They made the deal with him. Someone said it was $15,000. Is that true? Or are they mixing that up with the price of the locker? 

Also... 

He. Named. His. Kid. Axl..........

Hey Axl, what was school like today little buddy.... “It was hard dad, hard school” 

Reminds me of that couple who named their kid Metallica.... 

Right? :facepalm: That's taking his obsession way too far. 

9 hours ago, Flake said:

So did you upload a YouTube video called „rick dunsford gets banned from gnr shows“. You’re attention seeking prior and after the leaks is just so dumb and in the end you dug your own grave. And i cant say i feel sorry for you. Have fun watching youtube vids. Oh wait, your friend deleted them all

I agree. Especially now that we know he's friends with the guy that's been taking down all the YouTube videos and channels, I have absolutely no sympathy.

On 11/10/2019 at 3:25 AM, kiwiguns said:

Because it's about attention seeking. If you take a step back, and look at this subjectively, placing your personal feelings about the bands management to one side, its very simple. 

It's extortion and a shake down for more money.

They paid him money as compensation, and this person now wants more. 

The band and its management have a right to remove or refuse entry to a show, if they deem it necessary.

Don't over complicate something, that is that simple to understand, why that person was advised, to no longer attend Gun N Roses concerts in the future. 

The band and its management are not the ones in the wrong, as they are simply pretecting their interests.

Absolutely, it's all about the kudos of "Look at Me" and now it's blown back, but think someone is enjoying the attention

On 11/10/2019 at 4:35 AM, Arnuld said:

Banning a super fan is incredibly petty. He should just attend one of the festival shows. They can’t ban him from attending a festival. 

yes they can, if the headline act moans about this do you really think a festival would side with 1 attendee with previous ?

Edited by swishtz
edit

On 11/10/2019 at 11:09 AM, vloors said:

The other thing people arent getting is this is unauthorised use of intellectual property.

Its illegal to sell or purchase it.

It doesnt matter if gnr never planned to release it. Its still their property and essentially stolen property.

You are not legally allowed to buy or sell a stolen car can you? Same deal with intellectual property.

Rick if he had half a brain should respect the small ban they put on him and stay quiet and away from the headlines. Im sure if they wanted to they could really f him up legally.

I saw the imbecile claim that he had the right to do this because the band refused to release new music. WTF ! Cascade that logic across your life , then assume that any thoughts or ideas you had are no longer your own because in Rick Land you should just give the people whatever they want because they want it.

On 11/10/2019 at 5:55 PM, slash23579 said:

If the CDs were really sold at a public auction than it is 100% legal to own the physical discs, the only crime here is the illegal distribution of the files on the disc. The only reason I think they’re not taking legal action against Rick is that they would have to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt in court, that Rick personally distributed the files on the discs. TB does not have a case, that’s why they went with a ban because that’s really all they can do

I would beg to differ, the copyright of the songs rests with the creator, the physical disks themselves are worthless. It's not like they think they bought the music rights, it's a bunch of CD's. An auction house wouldn't have touched this with a barge pole

• Like 1

22 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

How are people still debating if it was legal or illegal to purchase these cds from the person who won an auction which gave them the right in the first place to do whatever they wanted to do with the contents of the locker? 

Auction winner: Legal owner of contents

CD buyer: Legal purchaser of contents 

GnR: Fucked up big time

Not the case in the case of intellectual property that was not a rights transfer. This is accidental not a deliberate sale. So let's say you bought a box and in it were the new Star Wars movie masters 'accidentally'. Does that mean you can now publish the movie and own the rights to it? 

Edited by swishtz
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I don't have a single foot in this controversy .. But I find it interesting how quickly ya'll turned on this guy .. 

I think a lot of people changed their opinion on him when they found out who he travelled with to get the leaks. The same person who threatened him and his family, and is one of those responsible for the takedowns.

• Like 2