GNR songs ranked by popularity (streaming)

Pretty surprised that This I Love is the most streamed track on CD, got a few hundred thousand more plays than the title track and I don't think it was ever even a single (was it?) or definitely at least not the first single off the album

Somewhat off topic but this high stream numbers discussion reminded me how the main SCOM video is about to hit a billion views on YouTube and I started to wonder; why is the All-Black-And-White version considered the main video, whereas the colored version is considered the alternate? I always thought it was the other way around when I was a kid (and it looks like Wikipedia agrees with me).

Edited by rocknroll41

2 hours ago, Caedo said:

Pretty surprised that This I Love is the most streamed track on CD, got a few hundred thousand more plays than the title track and I don't think it was ever even a single (was it?) or definitely at least not the first single off the album

Probably a testament to how good of a song it is

• Like 3

On 11.10.2019 at 6:50 AM, 2020_Intensions said:

Izzy sings on DTJ? I thought that was Axl 

On 11.10.2019 at 6:57 AM, RussTCB said:

When I first got UYI I, I thought it was Axl. Then for a long time I thought it was Duff. Then I realized eventually it's Izzy. I could've just read the linear notes the whole time lol

Seriously, you couldn't tell the difference between Axl's voice and Izzy's voice? I can't believe you guys..

What next? You thought it was time travelling Fred Durst on My World?  :lol:

36 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Seriously, you couldn't tell the difference between Axl's voice and Izzy's voice? I can't believe you guys..

What next? You thought it was time travelling Fred Durst on My World?  :lol:

No, it's just that Axl has the ability to do several vocals tones fairly easily. That coupled with the fact that he's the lead singer just had me assuming he was singing DTJ 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

While I think Axl's voice is very versatile, I've never mistaken it for Izzy's. But then again I've listened Izzy's singing quite a bit, so for me it's easy to recognize. 

So have I, but I think they both have a similar sounding mid-range & even the style with which they sing has a lot of similarities ... Obviously their voices are distinct, I just think they blend very well

• Like 1

On 10/13/2019 at 6:35 PM, Caedo said:

I was surprised as well, but my rationale is that the title of the song caught people’s attention. I love the song live. I can’t imagine what people who aren’t familiar with the song thought with those vocals.

Are these based off just one streaming service such as Spotify, or is it total streams combined off all services?

The numbers for some of the deeper cuts could be influenced by where they are on the album, as listeners might turn off halfway through an album (I've done this plenty of times). I sometimes look at stats for albums and see the number of plays for each successive song drop off the further down you go, unless there's a single/popular song there (eg Sweet Child, YCBM).

1 hour ago, drbunnig said:

The numbers for some of the deeper cuts could be influenced by where they are on the album, as listeners might turn off halfway through an album (I've done this plenty of times). I sometimes look at stats for albums and see the number of plays for each successive song drop off the further down you go, unless there's a single/popular song there (eg Sweet Child, YCBM).

You are definitely right. I also think the numbers for Coma and This I love are highly influenced by them playing it live constantly since 2016. The only one I'm flabbergasted by is how popular So Fine is.

On 10/13/2019 at 7:35 PM, Caedo said:

I am not surprised look at November Rain.

The song is beautiful.

On 10/13/2019 at 4:35 PM, Caedo said:

On 10/13/2019 at 6:45 PM, 2020_Intensions said:

Probably a testament to how good of a song it is

I think a large factor might be the fact that they've been playing it live most every show for the past 3 1/2 years. Mainstream fans that weren't familiar with it or the CD material beforehand might have become more curious about it afterward because it's a ballad and powerful vocal.

Edited by thunderram