Sweet Child O' Mine reaches 1Billion Views on Youtube

Short version...boooooo!

On another note....this one is all black and white...I found the color short from GNR official and they call that the "alt" version which makes no sense, I always grew up watching short with some color video on MTV. i never knew a short all b and w existed until now.

Edited by ax1

26 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Are GnR the most-viewed rock artist on YT?

Nah I don't believe that. My guess would be on either the Beatles or the Stones. GN'R doesn't have that much music out there. They probably are the artists that have the most videos taken down on YouTube tho. 

Edit: It's also pretty impossible to find out since there are so many videos that aren't released on official channels but still get tons of views. But 1 billion is a BIG number tho, November Rain went over a billion a while back right?

Edited by UcudBmine

Yes both Sweet Child & NR are 1 billion + views .. And then other hits are in the high hundreds of millions .. I understand the unofficial views but they don't rival the official ones so I'm curious if you add up GnR's official views how that compares to other rock groups, especially considering GnRs small catalog

1 hour ago, 2020_Intensions said:

So apparently GnR's YT account boasts a combined 4.7 billion .. The Beatles 1.9 billion .. The Rolling Stones 740 million ..

Can you check RHCP? 

Here I can only see the last 12 months and from the bands I checked only RHCP had more in that period

https://charts.youtube.com/artist/%2Fm%2F0dw4g?date_end=2019-10-13T00%3A00%3A00Z

Oh, Metallica too

Edited by Nicklord

13 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Can you check RHCP? 

Here I can only see the last 12 months and from the bands I checked only RHCP had more in that period

https://charts.youtube.com/artist/%2Fm%2F0dw4g?date_end=2019-10-13T00%3A00%3A00Z

Oh, Metallica too

RHCP 3.8 billion views ... Metallica 2.7 billion 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, UcudBmine said:

They probably are the artists that have the most videos taken down on YouTube tho. 

I hate to say it, but considering the recent concert takedowns, this is probably true. :/

nonetheless, it’s still cool that the official music videos seem to be the most viewed out of any rock artist! Pop artists like Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift are still miles ahead of them tho.

2 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

btw is that Sheryl Crow passing by?

edit: I got my answer. ok it's her. never noticed!

Funny considering she did a famous cover of SCOM just three years earlier lol.

Edited by rocknroll41

2 minutes ago, Creed said:

she gives him a little smile at least, but Axl is like: i don't care. but he must have allowed her the cover 3 years before. so, its weird that he gives her no emotion at all.

Well, I think there was maybe slightly a little going on at that very moment, not sure what he was doing right before the surprise interview but LOL!

Edited by ax1