Better song: Coma or Locomotive

Better song: Coma or Locomotive  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Like choosing between children for me. Coma got the vote for the lyrics in the last section of the song. 

Depending on the day, choosing my kids is pretty damn easy. 

I choose Locomotive. Tough decision though. Giving the edge to the fact that Axl can pull it off a hell of a lot better than Coma these days. 

• Haha 1

Locomotive for sure.. I used to like Coma a lot more when I was younger but it hasn't been a song I that I have seeked out to play in a long time. Locomotive I still do..  The verses are Al at his best and Slash is a complete beast the whole song. I think I like the lyrics better too. All that said I do still like Coma.

Loco. I never enjoyed Coma as much as most GNR fans seem to. It was cool to hear it on the NITL tour at first, but it has been beaten into the ground. With NR and a 75 minute long version of KOHD, the long songs are a bit of a lull during the show. Nobody really seemed to give a crap about Coma at the shows I went to.

• Like 1

Coma has some cool moments but Locomotive just cruises.

I just f’ing love Slash’s escalating solos that click neatly right back into the verse rhythm... it just keeps building and cruising... and then a great outro! Axl is great and didn’t go too crazy with sound effects or monologues... so fun. Even the piano is really well suited... a common knock on UYI songs.

Coma’s blissed out interlude and raspy outro are great, but the riff is pretty pummelling to listen to... and the defibrillator etc.

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, h2sublime said:

Not fair, both are epically brilliant. Coma by a hair.

Wouldn't that make it fair then? Or what would be a more fair comparison with these 2?

Also I'm going with Coma because the lyrics are just Axls best. Always loved "If love is blind I guess I'll buy myself a cane" from Locomotive.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown