Better song: Coma or Locomotive

Better song: Coma or Locomotive  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

The last few minutes of Coma are absolutely incredible, but Locomotive is the better song overall.

I'm the exact opposite. 

IMO, Coma is a better song overall (thats why I voted on it), but the outro in Locomotive is my favorite Slash and Matt work on the Illusions.

5 hours ago, UcudBmine said:

Locomotive, that riff is sooo good. Coma is a good song, and the (I believe) Chicago live version during the UYI tour is phenomenal, but I have to go with Locomotive. The fact that they brought it back is enough reason for me to buy tickets again. 

Hell yeah.. It is still surreal to me that they are playing Locomotive!! And it actually sounds killer!!!!

I like Locomotive a lot but Coma is far superior for me. I actually really like the bridge in Coma a lot.  I always really relate to it when im going through a hard time and taken some time out.  But you just know that eventually life will scream "Clear!" and zap your bitch ass back to reality :lol:

Obviously the solo and outro are then an amazing finish to the song.

Lyrics are good on both, but Coma goes deeper. But sometimes that song is just too depressing for me as it doesn't have an uplifting conclusion. He never wakes up and he doesn't die either. Gimme more than that. Lift me up please. Locomotive does that, the song has the groove and the coda/outro kinda makes the song for me, as if all else was just a buildup to that one moment of release - total perfection, one of the best rock songs ever made.

So yeah...blabla...Locomotive for me. ;)

13 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Wouldn't that make it fair then? Or what would be a more fair comparison with these 2?

Also I'm going with Coma because the lyrics are just Axls best. Always loved "If love is blind I guess I'll buy myself a cane" from Locomotive.

You took me waaay too literally.

Edited by h2sublime
Website wacky

Tough, tough, tough. Both songs are some of the best of all time but Coma speaks to me on a much deeper level. The lyrics are some of Axl’s best. The song structure is unlike any song ever seen in my opinion. Locomotive on the other hand is still a great song with great lyrics but follows a more traditional strong structure. Coma was a huge experiment that paid off and is something I relate to a lot more than Loco.